Skip navigation

GOLF MK1 BLACK SPORTLINE RS3 4x4 selling up.

Back to the top

MY BLACK SPORTLINE PROJECT S3 4x4 TFSI CONVERSION

Will keep me eyes on this :) now doing the 4x4 conversion myself, gonna stick with the older tt/s3 setup with the AGU engine with bt, also fitting a mk2 subframe due to the prop hitting the steering rack and i dont fancy cutting the column about plus it will give a bit more strength at the front end, also going to fit the rallye tunnel for prop and exhuast fitment. Just need to get clear more rubbish from the garage to get her on the jig to make a start lol

MK1 Golf 4x4 Build
MK1 Golf 4X4 | Facebook

Back to the top
Well now have made my new mounts to fit the rallye beam.i have also cut out the wheel well and cross member.I have also picked up my s3 8p rear diff and prop i now can moved forward and start fitting the diff to the rallye beam.

Back to the top
once all the fab works done it will all get powder coated and new bushes fitted to the beam will post pics up when it complete.

Back to the top
A few more parts ive picked up today new centre caps for my audi a8 winter alloys as im getting them refurbed over xmas.also managed to get the gti badge new i now have the complete set now looks alot better now.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Coming along well Mike :-)

U going to the NEC this weekend ?

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Coming along well Mike :-)

U going to the NEC this weekend ?
Thanks m8 I'm not going to the nec are you.?

Back to the top
Yes making the long trip down for the Saturday :-/

I'm going to the AGM next year as well, so hopefully catch u there, so I can see how my Black beauty is coming along before I get it :-)

Back to the top
well picked up a audi TTS engine cover and repainted it in satain black as it comes in silver.it fits nice with my forge twin filters.also got a forge oil catch tank.Also my rear beam is half way done now and should be fabed up by crimbo.

Back to the top
Also bought my self a d reg mk1 caddy van in need of some small amount of work as a little runabout it been in a barn for 10yrs.its only ever moved hay around the farm.it has just light surface scabs here and here nothing major with 90,000 on the clock not bad find.collecting on saturday so more pics soon.

Back to the top
I hope the caddy doesnt slow u down with my Sportline ??

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

I hope the caddy doesnt slow u down with my Sportline ??
i hope not chris I'm still going to try and get it on the road for next year minus paint job.still some long nights ahead!.

Back to the top
wow mate you are gona be one busy boy lol !

fair play, cant wait to see the sportline finished gona be awsome :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
All looking good so far fella.

Have you thought about what you are going to do about the rear shocks?

The standard mk1 shocks mount to the bottom of a standard mk1 rear beam but the Rallye trailing arms
have the mounting point on the top, basically removing 150mm of travel.

I am at this point in my mk1 syncro build so would be interested in which way you're going to go about it?

Some before me have raised the turrets by 150mm, in all honesty there will be very little travel from a shocker
thats 150mm shorter, especially if the car will be ran low.

I, am still undecided as to which route to take.
pm me if you have any questions as to what i have done

Mak

Back to the top

hei

very nice build, the caddy looks great, don't forget the pics with de caddy.

Top work so far, cograts.

Back to the top

bugwhizz said

All looking good so far fella.

Have you thought about what you are going to do about the rear shocks?

The standard mk1 shocks mount to the bottom of a standard mk1 rear beam but the Rallye trailing arms
have the mounting point on the top, basically removing 150mm of travel.

I am at this point in my mk1 syncro build so would be interested in which way you're going to go about it?

Some before me have raised the turrets by 150mm, in all honesty there will be very little travel from a shocker
thats 150mm shorter, especially if the car will be ran low.

I, am still undecided as to which route to take.
pm me if you have any questions as to what i have done
Thanks for the info I also have seen the rear turrets raised,but I may go on some custom rear coilovers,I will see If avo will adapt my avos or make me some new ones.

Mak

Back to the top

Re: hei

feghea said

very nice build, the caddy looks great, don't forget the pics with de caddy.

Top work so far, cograts.
thank you m8 I've not touch the golf for a bit as been to busy working on the caddy will post pics soon.

Back to the top
well its been a while since ive worked on the golf ive got the rear subframe all tacked up now.i ended up buying a audi tt rear subframe and made it fit to the rallye subframe. will post pics soon im very pleased how it came out.ive still got to make some more mounts at the rear to support the rear subframe but im getting there.i also picked up the golf mk2 syncro trans tunnel which has been a hard find!.i will start to fit it soon.and also picked up 4 x adaptors so i can fit my audi a8 alloys.

Back to the top
How much did those adaptors set you back mate?

Back to the top
I bought them for 140 new but they are about 200 plus else were.i need to get mine tapped to m14 as these ones are m12 :P I will be taking them to the machine shop tomorrow.
There are too many online users to list.