Skip navigation

GOLF MK1 BLACK SPORTLINE RS3 4x4 selling up.

Back to the top

MY BLACK SPORTLINE PROJECT S3 4x4 TFSI CONVERSION

Well not done that much on the car as doing some diy at home.So here my 3"stainless exhaust flange ive had lazer cut and my flexi,and boss,to suit.I will finish the down pipe off soon.also collected these today a set of avo coilover.and also managed to get a engine loom which i was missing when i bought the engine.

Back to the top

Back to the top
How did you get the drive shafts to fit? What modifications had to be done?

Back to the top
:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Back to the top

Taz-sa said

How did you get the drive shafts to fit? What modifications had to be done?
To get the drive shafts to work you need golf mk1 gti outer cv joint and in my case golf mk5 gti inner cv joints.Then im having made next month some custom shafts to suit.you could chop the mk1 and mk5 drive shafs and weld them together but im not going down that route.

Back to the top
Well at last ive got my Audi A8 winter alloys they are in good condition apart from some lacquer peel will be getting them refurbed once ive got the right adaptor for them.Im so glad i waited for some to come up for the right price i would have paid 6xmore that i paid for these lol.

Back to the top
Mike i am so glad you found them and will forever feel guilty that i had to sell the ones i had, but needs must to get me in the sportline. They are gona look Sick when fitted :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
As said before rich dont worry about it.Hope your back gets better mate.Also do you know what make adaptors you had as ive seen a few.

Back to the top
agghhh how annoying just been searching for like 20 mins and cant find the for sale thread for the 1st set i bought as that was the only ones that had the adapters, i think he got them from the states mate

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Little update not do to much on the car as ive been busy doing up a salvage golf bluemotion for my sister.Any way i thought i would share this part i bought lol.its a rear axel from a golf rallye you thinking what iam thinking yes syncro cabby i will be collect all the parts i need to convert it to 4x4 i will going down the Haldex route a tt/s3 rear diff.

Back to the top
mate gona be a crazy animal :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Wow  :drool: If you ever want someone to pass you a spanner or make you a brew give me a shout.

Back to the top
Awesome mike !! That's the route I will eventually be going down. Was looking at using the 4mo haldex system as well. Good luck dude !!

Back to the top
Well collected more parts for my 4x4 conversion have now got my audi s3 8p 6 speed gearbox with transfer box.Will be fitting it in a couple of weeks as will need to take engine out again!.Also stripped the rallye rear beam and made a jig for my haldex conversion as im going to use the new shape s3 diff will need to make new hangers to mount it as dutch build only make one for the old shape tt/s3 diff.

Back to the top
making mounts for the gearbox to?

Back to the top

JonP said

making mounts for the gearbox to?
Yes m8 the mounts will be a straight swap over from the 6 speed box i took off.Ive was that keen tonight ive taken engine out and taken the box off.so will paint the new gearbox and refit it the weekend.

Back to the top
cant wait to see this finished mate and the think your only up the road from me. all the best dude

Back to the top
Well ive painted and fitted the gearbox and transfer box now.Im now going to work on the back end its a real shame to chop up all that work ive done underneath.I will now start on making the mounts to fit the rear syncro beam.and then i need to get a s3 8p diff.

Back to the top
looking forward to more updates on this

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Started to cut out the spare wheel well and cross member.So i can fit the rear beam i have also started to make some new rear hanger mounts will post up pics in a few days.i also picked up a forge uprated diverter vavle.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.