Skip navigation

GOLF MK1 BLACK SPORTLINE RS3 4x4 selling up.

Back to the top

MY BLACK SPORTLINE PROJECT S3 4x4 TFSI CONVERSION

Massbad69 said

mike_turbo said

Chris it feels like ive been building it for 8 years.im hoping this year it will on the road but then i will need to work on the body work.any more updates on your motor.

I have my spare gearbox STILL away getting rebuilt, I shouldnt have said there was no hurry !! So until I get that back fitted with the whole new gear selector system, I dont want to fit my new alternator, water pump and housing and assorted bits and pieces and clean down the lower half of the engine, so the whole thing is in limbo really  :cry:
Chin up it still looks nuts anyway.you can always borrow me over the summer!

Back to the top

funk-star said

Engine looks amazing! going to be a propper weapon when its finished.
Lets hope so mate,cant wait to drive it.

Back to the top
tremendous build this, keep up the good work!

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
Not done to much on engine but will have ago the weekend to try and finish off mounts.bought a few more parts one of the are audi s3 gear knob,also audi s3 clocks,so im thinking once ive finished the engine off the end of this year i might have ago and change the dashboard to a audi s3 8p.so i will be collecting all the parts for the conversion.

Back to the top
Sounds good mike !! watch out for that pesky knee bar though.  I found out the hard way  :banghead:
  I haven't heard back off TSR about the rad mate :(

Ad.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Sounds good mike !! watch out for that pesky knee bar though.  I found out the hard way  :banghead:
  I haven't heard back off TSR about the rad mate :(

Ad.
Will do mate.Did you have a nice hoilday.

Back to the top
Well being buying more parts today manage to get holf of a forge twin air intakes for a bargin price as these are well over 350.and power gains are very good too.im tuning the engine and not even got it full working yet!.the only down side you cant fit your engine cover but found out a tts cover fits so will be looking for one of them.

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Little update had some goodridge brake lines made and pressure tested today,no more rust brake pipes! Also still trying to sort out the engine i bought hope to collect it saturday fingers crossed.

Superb build mate , are you using these stainless braided lines throughout ?

Im going to be using a pedal box with remote internal pots hidden up behind the dash and was planning on running all these style hoses internally through the chassis and sills to keep the underside and bay clean and brake hoses safe from snagging and rips as my build will be a low rider .

Back to the top

Yes thanks mate:) although the last 5 days rained hard :(
  Have you had your brake lines shortened yet or are you waiting for me to go up with ya ?  If your waiting on me have you got a date when you want to go ?

Ad.

Back to the top

G-DUB said

mike_turbo said

Little update had some goodridge brake lines made and pressure tested today,no more rust brake pipes! Also still trying to sort out the engine i bought hope to collect it saturday fingers crossed.

Superb build mate , are you using these stainless braided lines throughout ?

Im going to be using a pedal box with remote internal pots hidden up behind the dash and was planning on running all these style hoses internally through the chassis and sills to keep the underside and bay clean and brake hoses safe from snagging and rips as my build will be a low rider .
Yes iam using stainless goodridge hoses throughout and goodridge flexi hoses.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Yes thanks mate:) although the last 5 days rained hard :(
  Have you had your brake lines shortened yet or are you waiting for me to go up with ya ?  If your waiting on me have you got a date when you want to go ?

Ad.I have not yet had them done yet.when ever your free i can take you to have them made up.

Back to the top
may now try and custom fit these S3 clocks into my dash one day lol.

Back to the top
Well 3 mounts done now one more to go!.here a picture how it looks at the moment with the forge twin air filters on as well it looks like it will all done but there loads left to finish!.

Back to the top
Smart piece of engineering to fit your engine. There's a guy standing behind me  out here on the rig as I type who is a ex VAG technician who can not believe what a good job you have done and how sweet it looks
Hats off to you

Back to the top
Thanks mate,it feels like im getting some were now.once i finish the other mount i will be pluming the intercooler up and buying a alloy radiator.

Back to the top
The bay is getting tighter and tighter Mike  :lol:

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

The bay is getting tighter and tighter Mike  :lol:
Tell me about it i now need to more the battery in the boot but i might try and see if the audi battery box will fit in next to the central electric box for a more factory look.

Back to the top
looking amazing mate, gona be an animal :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Well been busy finishing off engine mounts now.have now started on intercooler pipe work which im having custom made to 63mm polished pipe.also have just bought a 50mm alloy radiadtor which fits a treat.just need to make some brackets and get some samco pipes to fit it.getting closer to finishing i wish lol.

Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.