Skip navigation

GOLF MK1 BLACK SPORTLINE RS3 4x4 selling up.

Back to the top

MY BLACK SPORTLINE PROJECT S3 4x4 TFSI CONVERSION

Don't worry rich all is good.

Back to the top
:-)

cool mate, i just didnt want anyone to think i had nicked a set of wheels you were gona buy, or that i had bought them with no intention of putting them on my car etc

Have you seen the seat wheels in primer in the for sale section, they would fit on yours if your running standard breaks and the white ones on that red sportline in scotland i think looked wiked :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Looking good Matt !! I took mine to TSR today and the engine they have for me is the CDL :) hopefully be up and running by end of june , mid july time then I've got to refit everything.

Adam.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Looking good Matt !! I took mine to TSR today and the engine they have for me is the CDL :) hopefully be up and running by end of june , mid july time then I've got to refit everything.

Adam.
Great news mate will be a nice car once done.we will have to take them both up the strip once done!.

Back to the top
definitely !! will be nice to see what there running once they're both sorted :)

Back to the top
Well stripped down the one recaro seat so i can make these electric seat frames work.i have removed the seat pan now and will fit it to the electric subframe and some bks as well. Not a easy job!also Engine and box in now.As you see lots of masking tape so i did not scratch it. also will start making my mounts once ive tweaked the postion of the engine.This is how it looks at the mo.

Back to the top
will get better pics tomorrow but it looks the nuts!!

Back to the top
Did you have much trouble getting the engine in Mike ? What did you say the difference was of the CDL over the BHZ , did you say the CDL had better emissions ?  Did you get my pm about the calliper adapters the other night ?

Adam.

Back to the top
Hi mate the engine was a bit of a pig to get in with the 6 speedbox as i done it all on my own.but all good now.as for the bhz and the cdl/a  s3 engine same bhp but the cdl/a has slightly  lower emssions.And as for the cad drawing will think about it as lot work went in it.

Back to the top
Crazy man !! All by yourself without any scratches ?? Awesome !! What if I gave you the money to get me some made up rather than have the drawing ? Bought the calipers now  8O

Ad.

Back to the top
Hi
I have been looking at your thread for a while. I am about to upgrade all my brakes 4 pot 280 mm willwoods on the front and mk2 16v discs with MK4 gti calipers on the rears. I am fitting the same  9" servo and master cylinder. However looking at you pictures I noticed two cylindrical items attached to the front nearside and rear offside ports of the master cylinder. Could you possibly tell me what they are and their purpose. I have looked at the MK216v HYD cct diag but can nt identify the parts. Did you use a en electrical brake switch or a t piece ?
Cheeers
Lee

Back to the top
I also forgot to ask about the lengths of the braided hoses. Did you run them all the way to the callipers on the front and rears? And can I be cheeky and ask what the respective lengths as I am planning to do the same
By the way what you have done so far is top notch I hope you do not mind my copying some of your ideas. You motor is going to be one serious piece of engineering when its done. I have also bought the power sterring conversion form MK2 Mania, did yours go in OK?
cheers
Lee

Back to the top

Pincher said

I also forgot to ask about the lengths of the braided hoses. Did you run them all the way to the callipers on the front and rears? And can I be cheeky and ask what the respective lengths as I am planning to do the same
By the way what you have done so far is top notch I hope you do not mind my copying some of your ideas. You motor is going to be one serious piece of engineering when its done. I have also bought the power sterring conversion form MK2 Mania, did yours go in OK?
cheers thanks Lee,My power steering went in with no problems.as for my brakes i will pm you.
Lee

Back to the top
picked up this retro fischer tape holder could not believe how much these are fetching now!.

Ive been very busy on the engine two mounts done now as i had them lazer cut and the welded up they came out very well.only two more to go.pics soon also having my exhaust flange lazer cut out of stainless as I'm going for a 3"down pipe.Also bought new inner and outer CV joints as i found a local company that will custom make my drive shafts, so soon as i pull my finger out and finish off the mounts i then can measure the lengths of the shafts and have them made.

Back to the top
:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Back to the top
Thanks Chris but im building it for you lol.as it wants to go back home to scotland some day. maybe a 50th bithday present?.

Back to the top
Mike

You are the man then but I hope it doesnt take you another 8 years to finish it  :wink:

Maybe a 43rd birthday present  :mrgreen:

Or if you could finish it very quickly my wife is 40 in July and she wants a Breitling watch but a black sportline would be just the ticket  :lol: , for me anyway  :wink:

What a job your doing Mike, your a star and I hope your looking after your health too  :|

Looking forward to my cars , I mean your cars next updates  :wink:

Cheers Chris ( the 2 sportline owner, nearly )

Back to the top
Chris it feels like ive been building it for 8 years.im hoping this year it will on the road but then i will need to work on the body work.any more updates on your motor.

Back to the top
Engine looks amazing! going to be a propper weapon when its finished.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Chris it feels like ive been building it for 8 years.im hoping this year it will on the road but then i will need to work on the body work.any more updates on your motor.

I have my spare gearbox STILL away getting rebuilt, I shouldnt have said there was no hurry !! So until I get that back fitted with the whole new gear selector system, I dont want to fit my new alternator, water pump and housing and assorted bits and pieces and clean down the lower half of the engine, so the whole thing is in limbo really  :cry:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.