Skip navigation

G60 Conversion

Back to the top
That manifold looks sweet  :cool:  It is close though isn't it!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yeah, one of them needs some heat wrap for sure!

Too many Golfs lost to melted UJ boots! :(

Back to the top

chunkymunkey003 said

Yeah, one of them needs some heat wrap for sure!

Too many Golfs lost to melted UJ boots!
Hi Matt,

Do you sell any of that adhesive heat proofing like this: http://www.zircotec.com/page/heatshield_products/97

you can add to my order lol. I will make a heatshield out of aluminium and coat it with this.

cheers

Rich

Back to the top
looks good mate! nice progress!

Back to the top
Okie Dokie, have an update, some good news and bad I'm afraid.

Good news :

Got the G60 Calipers on with new discs and pads, also fitted my front KW coil overs. Looks like a 4 x 4 at the mo lol

Bad news:

Tried to fit my 100mm driveshaft's to my 02J gearbox, unfortunately the bolt pattern is wrong so I believe I have 108mm cups on the gearbox.

Now I have a spare 02a gearbox but it has a different type of fitting. The 02J is spring loaded and attached with a bolt, the 02A is the other type. Can anybody advise which part I'm after as I've searched the web and can't find a 100mm cup with the same attachment as the 02J.

Oh and the really bad news, dad noticed one of the nuts on the exhaust manifold to head was not flush. He went to grab it and it fell out :(. I have a snapped stud in the head.

Looks like head off to get machined out ;(

Back to the top
Can you not get a corner drill in to drill the stud? then remove with easy outs?

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

Can you not get a corner drill in to drill the stud? then remove with easy outs?
I'd rather not take the risk in a really awkward position. It will be a good opportunity to check the head and block plus maybe head work

Back to the top
I feel a port and polish coming on :thumbs:

Back to the top
sorry to hear that bud, speak to rich building buddy mk1 we went through the driveshaft saga a couple of weeks ago

Olly

Back to the top

olethalb said

sorry to hear that bud, speak to rich building buddy mk1 we went through the driveshaft saga a couple of weeks ago

Olly

Hi Olly,

I bit the bullet and ordered new flanges from vw. 

Should arrive with some more goodies tomorrow.

Also ordered up head gasket kit and head bolts so I can crack on :)

Back to the top
ooh them flanges aren't cheap  :o

here's hoping the stud comes out easily and can get the head back on swiftly  :thumbs:

i did look for the front cup mount bolts to no avail several times but kept forgetting to reply  :(

Back to the top

olethalb said

ooh them flanges aren't cheap  :o

here's hoping the stud comes out easily and can get the head back on swiftly  :thumbs:

i did look for the front cup mount bolts to no avail several times but kept forgetting to reply  :(

Yeah they were £87 each :o

No problem about the mount bits funkstar sorted me out :)

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top
lovely  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Bit of an update, head is off at the moment and at the machine shop. This is just to remove the stud and replace them with all new ones :)

Looking to get some work done on it as well but need to organise that.

Could anybody recommend a good place to get some work done. I don't want to spend more than £500 on it.

New driveshafts and cups going on this weekend and painting the remaing parts :)

Back to the top
where are you based bud? i use the snap on guy, has his own shop for the life of me can't think of the name but it's in newbury. used him a fair bit on high hp motors. got him to do headwork on a 1.8T i built that made over 500bhp

Back to the top

olethalb said

where are you based bud? i use the snap on guy, has his own shop for the life of me can't think of the name but it's in newbury. used him a fair bit on high hp motors. got him to do headwork on a 1.8T i built that made over 500bhp

I'm based in Devon 

Back to the top
Managed to get a couple of shots of the new brakes and coilys whilst changing the output cups on the gearbox to 100mm:

gallery_23668_406_591728.jpg gallery_23668_406_689488.jpg gallery_23668_406_975615.jpg

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top
looking lovely bud  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Just read this from start to finish, what a project!

Really nice work mate, can't wait to see it finished

1992 Pearl Green Clipper Cab - 16v (9a block, KR head, GSXR600 Carbs) :)

Back to the top
Looking good dude!!
There are too many online users to list.