Skip navigation

G60 Conversion

Back to the top
Its on this page under hydraulic clutch pedal box but be prepared for a shock when you see the price!

Its the only one I could find as a kit so I had no choice http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/Items.php?cat=modparts&group=MODPARTS

Back to the top

RichG said

Its on this page under hydraulic clutch pedal box but be prepared for a shock when you see the price!

Its the only one I could find as a kit so I had no choice http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/Items.php?cat=modparts&group=MODPARTS

sweet man, why didn't you want to lose the servo? ill look into it. cheers

Back to the top

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

looks top lad, are you running a hydro change or cable change on your box?? thats the bit I'm stuck at really, don't know what to do haha

Cheers Joe, was just reading your build :).

I bit the bullet and got a hydraulic clutch kit from CQ.

I was thinking cable clutch and then remembered I got through 3 clutch cables in a year with my old Clio Williams which had a heavy clutch :o and they were a real pain to fit lol

Ahh cheers!! yeah I'm not sure what to do, I have been thinking hydro but can't find much on them/ didn't know the differences between them as in advantages ect. they are a bit of a pain to fit aren't they?
Its meant to be a bolt in kit and I only need to plumb it in.

I didnt go for the brake / clutch kit as I didnt want to lose the servo and I've heard that needs some mods.

agh really? i was reading a thread and it was saying to go hydro you needed to move the servo inside near the pedal and then make a new hole for this and that.

So you just bolt it on and then join it all up? have you got any links to it for me please??

The only thing I think I need to do is mount the master cylinder to the pedal box that it comes with. Remove the existing steering column cover and replace it with the modified one. I then plan to mount the reservoir in the scuttle panel with a small hole and grommet in the bulk head.

Back to the top
If you remove the brake servo and rear bar with the quasi  bias brake clutch combi version you lose your assisted brakes and a whole lot of wedge.

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top

Back to the top

RichG said

cheers dude, I think ill just keep it all, but let me know how you get on with that hydro kit! ill keep it in mind though as I'll be putting my engine in soonish…

thanks for the help though!

Back to the top
Hello bud, great build so far! I'm glad you ditched the 20v in favour of the g60 engine, it'll be a right beast with character now :)

Back to the top

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

cheers dude, I think ill just keep it all, but let me know how you get on with that hydro kit! ill keep it in mind though as I'll be putting my engine in soonish…

I'll do a guide in my thread when I fit it :)

Back to the top

DanChave said

Hello bud, great build so far! I'm glad you ditched the 20v in favour of the g60 engine, it'll be a right beast with character now :)

Cheers Dan, looking forward to the G60 growl :D

Back to the top

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

agh sweet man yeah! ill look out for it!

Back to the top
Yey engine in!!
gallery_23668_406_367250.jpg

Back to the top
gallery_23668_406_386353.jpg

Back to the top
gallery_23668_406_363511.jpg

Back to the top
Bit low though :O
gallery_23668_406_127683.jpg

Back to the top
Looking good Rich  :thumbs:
Keep the updates and pics coming  :)

Back to the top
good to see it perched

Back to the top
Does anybody know where I can get hold of some similar washers for the front engine mount cup??

I have the original part numbers but want to crack on and not wait weeks for them to arrive from germany.

I believe there is a concave washer and a large 30mm washer?? I have the bolts. Why are the holes so large in the cup section lol

Back to the top
No worries ordered the genuine articles from heritage. :)

Back to the top
cool ride

Back to the top
Update :)Busy bee this afternoon.

To start with a pic of the 02j shifter which I missed out a while back:

gallery_23668_406_1398120.jpg
Got the Hydraulic clutch steering column fitted today, wasn't too bad but the shear bolts holding it on were a pain. Nothing that a cold chisel couldn't sort after half an hour :)Was expecting it to be a straight forward swap but there was a redundant mount in the way I had to remove that fouled the master cylinder.
gallery_23668_406_1764538.jpg

I also managed to fit the manifold as well. Fortunately it fits nicely, but very close to the UJ boot.
gallery_23668_406_1290113.jpg gallery_23668_406_1547334.jpg gallery_23668_406_1652342.jpg

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.