Skip navigation

G60 Conversion

Back to the top
Thanks John you're a star, I will get those ordered up :)

Back to the top
nee bother, thinking about it the small bolt is only for mk2/3 type front brackets so you wont need that, just the 2 long ones :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Ah cheers, just have the 2 bolts ordered up :)

Does anyone know the thickness of metal of the front chassis leg? Is it the same thickness of the engine mount.

Want to know roughly for when I weld the mount on tomorrow, don't fancy blowing holes through it if I can help it!

Back to the top
i dont know off hand but its the main support for the engine so its gotta be pretty chunky, plus you'll be doing puddle and butt welds so shouldnt be a problem :)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

i dont know off hand but its the main support for the engine so its gotta be pretty chunky, plus you'll be doing puddle and butt welds so shouldnt be a problem :)

When I was doing the chassis repairs on my old gti the sheet metal wasn't particularly thick. All of the chassis mounts were three times the thickness. I will just take it easy :)

Back to the top
New Exhaust arrived today :) gallery_23668_406_20405.jpg gallery_23668_406_120650.jpg gallery_23668_406_122577.jpg gallery_23668_406_149817.jpg gallery_23668_406_169710.jpg

Wasn't expecting the bore to be so large :O, hopefully it won't be too boomy! Does any one have the 2.5inch Jetex exhaust mated to a Supersprint gti 322301 manifold? Will I need anything extra to join these other than the kit included?

Supersprint 322301 exhaust manifold arrived yesterday :)Little bit disappointed that it's not as shiny as the pictures.
gallery_23668_406_11713.jpg gallery_23668_406_147847.jpg gallery_23668_406_171882.jpg gallery_23668_406_185182.jpg

Bought 2 lambda bungs for the manifold because I thought I might as well have a spare welded on for a wideband afr in the future. Where do you guys think I can weld these on the manifold? Where the manifold goes to one pipe theres not a lot of room!

gallery_23668_406_77047.jpg
Engine mount prepped and zinc primed ready to be welded on this weekend :)Engine ready to go!!
gallery_23668_406_103474.jpg

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top
Looking forward to seeing it bolted in  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Started to weld the engine mount on. Needs a bit of dressing in the centre to get my plug welds nice and close.
gallery_23668_406_65184.jpg gallery_23668_406_410009.jpg gallery_23668_406_954960.jpg gallery_23668_406_1451147.jpg

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top
neat work lad

Back to the top
Good work on the mount Rich :thumbs:. When are you looking to get the engine in?

Back to the top
Nice work mate. :cool:

Back to the top
Nice work on the mount :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks guys.

Was bricking it a bit as didnt want to spoil the chassis leg with bad welds. Im very happy with the outcome.

I have ordered some brand new g60 callipers, carriers, discs and pads oh and Epytec g60 adapters which should arrive in the next week or so.

I have to finish painting the mount, change the servo and master cylinder, make up brackets for the intercooler and then fit the shifter turret. Going to get that done on wednesday so should have it mounted by the weekend :)

Back to the top
Lovely  :thumbs:

Back to the top
looks top lad, are you running a hydro change or cable change on your box?? thats the bit I'm stuck at really, don't know what to do haha

Back to the top

JoeWhitmore said

looks top lad, are you running a hydro change or cable change on your box?? thats the bit I'm stuck at really, don't know what to do haha

Cheers Joe, was just reading your build :).

I bit the bullet and got a hydraulic clutch kit from CQ.

I was thinking cable clutch and then remembered I got through 3 clutch cables in a year with my old Clio Williams which had a heavy clutch :o and they were a real pain to fit lol

Back to the top

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

I was thinking cable clutch and then remembered I got through 3 clutch cables in a year with my old Clio Williams which had a heavy clutch :o and they were a real pain to fit lol

Ahh cheers!! yeah I'm not sure what to do, I have been thinking hydro but can't find much on them/ didn't know the differences between them as in advantages ect. they are a bit of a pain to fit aren't they?

Back to the top

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

Ahh cheers!! yeah I'm not sure what to do, I have been thinking hydro but can't find much on them/ didn't know the differences between them as in advantages ect. they are a bit of a pain to fit aren't they?
Its meant to be a bolt in kit and I only need to plumb it in.

I didnt go for the brake / clutch kit as I didnt want to lose the servo and I've heard that needs some mods.

Back to the top
Bit of an update guys and pics to follow. Mounted my mk4 golf cable shifter. Was a lot easier than I imagined.

Required minimal cutting at the front of the opening where the shifter turret pops up and 3 holes drilled for the bolts. I even created a spacer sleeve out of the old linkage bar for the single bolt towards the rear of the car. 

Also removed the small block mount and about to prep that and the new mount for spraying. Engine will definitely be in this wednesday :)

Back to the top

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

RichG said

JoeWhitmore said

Its meant to be a bolt in kit and I only need to plumb it in.

I didnt go for the brake / clutch kit as I didnt want to lose the servo and I've heard that needs some mods.

agh really? i was reading a thread and it was saying to go hydro you needed to move the servo inside near the pedal and then make a new hole for this and that.

So you just bolt it on and then join it all up? have you got any links to it for me please??
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.