Skip navigation

Driver, to 16 valver, 2017 rebuild!

Back to the top
Looking really nice, Pete...

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Looking really nice, Pete…

Thanks Al :D  Maybe when yours is back on the road, might end up parked together at a show again!

Back to the top
That looks savage... love the rims - bet it turns heads

Back to the top
Looks great. lots of smiles I bet :D

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

That looks savage… love the rims - bet it turns heads

Cheers carbs, yeah it does, usually as i'm flying up the ringroad making a racket :lol:

ross_m said

Looks great. lots of smiles I bet :D

Cheers Ross, yeah i'm loving being back in a mk1, its just so  much more fun with the added power!

Got a few bits to sort like the sensors, and I fixed a leak, where the water was dripping through the middle wiper hole and into the heater and then into the car. Apart from that I have just been enjoying it!

Next is seats re-trim, possible half cage and get it on some rollers and get my k star set up.

Pete

Back to the top
Well this moring was rubbish, was changing lanes when traffic slowed and I locked up, and ended up wedged under the tail lift of a transit :cry:

It looks worse than it is, it was a pretty slow crash, just the tail lift was rather solid :roll: So back in the garage and strip down the front end ready for the rebuild. Oh well guess I get to change the rubbish non gen wings :lol:

I need a bonnet, and wings, any one near Bristol?

Oh and out of 3 cars none roadworthy lol!

Bad times!

Pete.

Back to the top
gutted for you, guess it could have been alot worse tho?

if it\'s got tits or tyres it\'s gonna be trouble

Back to the top
:(  Again gutted for you after all that work. Was dreading what I was going to see when i read the title.

Back to the top
Ouch, I feel your pain. :(

Hope you get it fixed up quick enough.. :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
ahh mate.. whats a bummer :/ i know your pain.. lost mine a few months back :(

i got a bonnet you can have? its got an england flag sprayed on it :P it its good for free?

whats under the bonnet like? is the valver ok?

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Cheers People,

Yeah it could have been worse, the bonnet took most of the impact, under the bonnet is ok, just the rad got a bit rinsed, still drivable-ish, going to strip it down tonight and see whats what.

mixerman said

ahh mate.. whats a bummer :/ i know your pain.. lost mine a few months back :(

i got a bonnet you can have? its got an england flag sprayed on it :P it its good for free?

whats under the bonnet like? is the valver ok?

Mixer man, I will have the bonnet for a bit of cash, can I pick it up soon, where are you in Bristol?
You also have PM.

I fully could'nt belive it when it happened! 8O  :redfaced:

Pete.

Back to the top
i live in fishponds but the bonnet is currently on feeder road, next to motion?

im there tomorrow most of the day so ill pick it up an see if it fits in the polo :P

Back to the top

mixerman said

i live in fishponds but the bonnet is currently on feeder road, next to motion?

im there tomorrow most of the day so ill pick it up an see if it fits in the polo :P

I know motion! I could meet you where it is now sometime and pick it up from there, save putting it in your polo?

I've pm'd you my mob no. give me a call if we can pick it up today?

Top man!

Pete.

Back to the top
itll be tomorrow dude. im waiting in till half 2 cos im selling another car, then i got a gig so im not about till tomorrow. but yeah. ill drop you a text when im down there if ya like?

Back to the top
heya chap bad times have u tried volksmaina they had 2 mk1 cabs wen i was last in there. :)

Back to the top

mixerman said

itll be tomorrow dude. im waiting in till half 2 cos im selling another car, then i got a gig so im not about till tomorrow. but yeah. ill drop you a text when im down there if ya like?

U have Pm.

And cheers Dubboy402, yeah I gave them a ring to.

Back on the road soon. :mrgreen:

Pete.

Back to the top
kool happy days :)

Back to the top
mixerman = Topman!

Cheers for the bonnet so quickly Jamie :D

Going to get it back on the road soon, probs with ratty/dented wings etc, and primer, etc, while I sort out gen wings and paint.

I'll be back :wink:

Back to the top
:oops:  :tlc: at least you hadn't fitted the grill trims.

can't wait to see the england flag bonnet fitted  :wink:

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
glad i could help dude :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.