Skip navigation

Driver, to 16 valver, 2017 rebuild!

Back to the top

cubed said

Lower still eh? your roads must be better than ours.

I really like that sump! done a search but had no joy finding it..I was looking for a sump guard but that sumps a cracker!

would go lower if I got one of those!

Yeah the sump's a nice piece of kit, pm a user called vagobonds, see if he is still making them.

I'm waiting on bits now so can't do a great deal too tomorrow.

You say your conversion is being signed off by the rolling road ppl, will I need to have it inspected? Or if it passes the mot is that good enough?

Cheers

Pete.

Back to the top
i'd just ask the mot station if they'l put it on headed paper for you, just stating the engine number and size. If they'l do that for you you should be alright.

Back to the top

cubed said

i'd just ask the mot station if they'l put it on headed paper for you, just stating the engine number and size. If they'l do that for you you should be alright.

Cool will do. Should'nt be that long away now till I can get it mot'd.

Get let down by a local pipe place on the hose, and my k&N is still no where to be seen :cry:

But my bits are ready to collect from vw so that good.

Still aiming to start it this weekend.

Pete.

Back to the top
Good luck with the start up Pete ,let me know how you get on.

I am going to fit the cambelt on the scirocco tomorrow and then try and start it.

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top

mark83 said

Good luck with the start up Pete ,let me know how you get on.

I am going to fit the cambelt on the scirocco tomorrow and then try and start it.

Cheers mark I will let you know how it goes.

Be good to get the rocco going, now just coilles and rims :wink:

Damn k&N is no where to be seen :banghead:  Ill use youy old one for time being.

Back to the top
So damn close!!

Slight leak of coolant to be sorted, new plastic flange thinge and a new pipe clip.

Small petrol leak at the rubber part after the filler neck, tightened the clip up a bit more, so should be sorted.

Sorted all the mk2 plastic lines, lenthened and routed all the rubber hoses, checked for power going to pumps on switching the ignition, all good :D

Indicators work again, yah!!! :lol: , (brand new switch from vw.)

Started to prime the oil pump etc, then ran out of time, because I was go karting Sunday evening, which was wicked, drifting karts rules :mrgreen:

I have some more pics to posts, and hopefully a vid to :wink:

Pete.

Back to the top
It's Alive!!!!!!!

Got it running last night :D

Took a while to get the fuel thro, and then started fine and ticked over!

I just need to give it a tweak idle and mixture wise, and get it down the mot station!

A few things left to do, and buy, but so nearly there.

To all of you getting feed up welding, cleaning, finding rust and getting annoyed with your projects, don't worry it's more than worth it when you hear it running and it's so nearly finished :wink:

Will get some pics up to update.

Cheers

Pete.

P.S. Big thanks to Mark for helping me with those last bits of wiring which tripped me up, and sorting me out when I was stressing, or going the wrong way on the wiring diagram :banghead:  :lol:

Back to the top
8O YEAH!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: …. well done mate!!!

Pics are good but can I see a clip of it running???  Been watching your thread for ages so would appreciate it…. well done fella  :lol:

Back to the top
Great to hear its running :D Wont be long until I find out what these wheels are :scratch:  :)

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

8O YEAH!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: …. well done mate!!!

Pics are good but can I see a clip of it running???  Been watching your thread for ages so would appreciate it…. well done fella  :lol:

Cheers Mr Spudfingers :D

I will take a vid tonight, can I just upload it up on photobucket like the pics? I've neva posted a vid up before :oops:  :lol:

Have noticed with the lightened flywheel, it will have to tick over a bit higher than normal.

ross_m said

Great to hear its running :D Wont be long until I find out what these wheels are :scratch:  :)

Cheers Ross, will have to wait and see :wink:

Need to get to shows, meets etc next year. And drive it :mrgreen:

Cheers

Pete.

Back to the top
yeah, i uploaded a vid for the first time thwe other day, its just the same!!

Well done in getting your car running, my 16v is in and running now but the car is not wanting to move (clutch issues  :( )

Cant wait to see pics and vids!!

MK1 16v on twin 40's + my name's Stewart

Back to the top
Well done, good to hear that all your work was worth it.

Alex.

Back to the top
After a couple of days in the converter stuff

hi mate great work by the way  8O  just 1 Q, how did youget the clutch release lever out of thebox?

tx foxy

Back to the top
Well done mate! lovely when they kick up for the first time eh?
well looks like your gonna beat me to it buddy, still trying to save to get it on the road.

looking forward to seeing some vids now dude!

bet your buzzing now!  :D

Back to the top

wakoff said

yeah, i uploaded a vid for the first time thwe other day, its just the same!!

Well done in getting your car running, my 16v is in and running now but the car is not wanting to move (clutch issues  :( )

Cant wait to see pics and vids!!

Cheers wakoff, pics and vids to follow, hope your get your clutch probs sorted, and I hope my clutch works 8O  :lol:

welsh-mk1 said

Well done, good to hear that all your work was worth it.

Alex.

Thanks Alex, it's been a long time coming, but then nothing worth doing is easy!

foxymk1 said

hi mate great work by the way  8O  just 1 Q, how did youget the clutch release lever out of thebox?
tx foxy

Cheers agian, as for the release lever unclip the spring that tensions the lever against the little claw type piece that pushes the release bearing down, (it's a pain to get back on mind!), and tap the arm out of the g'box and the claw will gradually come off its splines on the lever part, then just pull it out. Hope this helps.

cubed said

Well done mate! lovely when they kick up for the first time eh?
well looks like your gonna beat me to it buddy, still trying to save to get it on the road.

looking forward to seeing some vids now dude!

bet your buzzing now!  :D
8O  :lol:

Cheer Cubed, yeah im pretty exitced about driving it now!

Im just sorting all the little issues now, and getting it ready for the road:D  

So far the cooling system is giving me the biggest headache, new flange to the r/h side of the cyl head, new radiator, new thermo switch.

And lots of coolant on the floor lol!

Getting there
 :wink:

Pete.

Back to the top

Back to the top

tamthebam16v said

wheres the vid m8  8)

Yeah what he said ^^…. it's just the same as uploading a pic mate.  If you want a slightly bigger clip use youtube  :wink:

I'm dying to see the beauty start… so we know you're busy but…. shows us what she's got  :wink:

Back to the top
cnt wait to hear this baby

Back to the top
……….video please  :cry: .  I've watched your thread for ages and now you're not sharing… I'm telling your mum!!!

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

……….video please  :cry: .  I've watched your thread for ages and now you're not sharing… I'm telling your mum!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.