Skip navigation

Alpine White G60

Back to the top

Yomp said

Fuel pressure reg problem? Pressure too high? Can you fit a guage in line with the fuel rail or try another reg?

Mk1 golf g60 unwell - YouTube

Back to the top

RichG said

Hi George try running with the lambda disconnected. Check all the wiring to this is OK. I had a similar problem with my 8v g60 corrado.

Also what ECU are you running? Digifant in your 16v g60?

If so a worse case scenario is the injectors drivers have gone in the ECU due to a bad earth. 

Try the lambda first, on mine the earth lead snaped with age and caused those symptoms.

Cheers

Rich

i took the plunge and i got an ecu off eBay and gave it a shot..

we now have a healthy running g60!  :thumbs:

This is how i found the lambda wiring…
i never touched it as it ran in the car it was fitted in so i assumed it was correct.  Looking at it, the signal wire isn't even connected.  Ive unplugged it for now, could this have burnt out my ecu?

also here is my new ecu.. supposedly it was chipped, it looks standard too me can anyone confirm this?

Back to the top
feeling the mk1 buzz again so got some things planned for it but insurance premiums are a joke....:(

Back to the top
Nice to see you back George  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
first day of extra daylight so i had a chance to have a tinker

i removed the motorsport gear shifter as it just doesn't look right in the car, unfortunately i have to remove my exhaust to fit the new shifter as i want to fit it from underneath for a more factory look so il do that when i next have a chance

anyone for a motorsport shifter?

Back to the top
wow i got to play with the golf two days in a row, well for an hour or two after work..
pics

this looks soo dangerous lol

much better, looking factory.. a little on the low side though but i can get an extension if it bothers me

Back to the top
so i got the cable shifter in, i just need to make up a top mounted bracket for one side of it then next time i will mount the o2j tower onto the gearbox and while I'm there change the clutch release bearing in hope it cures that rough bearing sound that goes when i press the clutch

then hook it all up and test it out  :thumbs:

Back to the top
You'll be razzing around in it in no time at all then ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
didnt realise the clutch release bearing on this box needs the gearbox removing - I will save that for when i need a clutch..

mounted the new tower in today, dont think the reverse light switch will go in without butchering the plastic end, how have you guys done it?

once i convert to hydraulic clutch i guess it will give me a little more clearance once i cut the cable bracket off

Back to the top
final piece of the puzzle and it doesn't fit  :lol: :'(

when the cable bracket is bolted in the cables dont point in the correct position, not sure which is the offending part tbh O_oignore above, i have the bracket facing the wrong way, we have gears, deffo needs a short shift and an extension for the gear knob with this setup

Last edit: by G60RGE

Back to the top

Got the extension from just campers, its the only one i could find in m12 x1.5, looks good but would prefer if it was straight

also fitted the audi tt short shift, because of the long lever it doesn't really feel like a short shift though, it just feels normal which i will live with.

ps ignore the blue seats their time will come:lol:

Back to the top
Sorted  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

I've been making some progress with this.

i rewired my lambda so thats all plugged in and it runs much better and doesn't stink soo much at idle as the ecu isn't chucking in loads of fuel anymore  :lol:

also finally got round to making a top radiator support as it was tied to the slam panel with wire  :$
IMG_9596.JPG
IMG_9597.JPG
IMG_9599.JPG

only a few small jobs left before its ready for the road like standard mot friendly headlights taping up and heat proofing the wiring loom and gear change cables and checking oil levels. oh and i insured it for the first time since 2012  :o  :o  :o

Back to the top
Looking great chap and not much left to do, always like a bit of custom fab :D

Back to the top
Nice, simple and clean looking bracket, love it  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
officially on the road  :cool:

but I'm snowed in  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
How frustrating!  :P

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
we all make mistakes…

IMG_2723.JPG IMG_9770.JPG

Back to the top
Oh :O, I've got a feeling this may happen to mine in the future. I haven't even got the car running yet as well lol

Are you going to reinstate the VIN rain tray panel as well?  

Back to the top
Yes Sir

im hoping to start a new trend here…  :lol:

its not going to be an easy task to make it look legit even though it is  O_o  

its not going to be for sale anyway :cool:

looking for a very good body shop to undertake this close to north london if anyone has any contacts
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.