Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

How is it driving, must be a rocket, what power and torque is it putting out?

Have you any good photos of the throttle body to intercooler pipe?

Back to the top
I went in the car a few weeks ago and it put a big smile on my face :thumbs:

Back to the top

Dirrt said

How is it driving, must be a rocket, what power and torque is it putting out?

Have you any good photos of the throttle body to intercooler pipe?

It is pretty nippy mate  :lol:  Haven't had it on the rollers yet so don't know on an exact figure. I'd guess that it's about 280 but don't quote me on that.
  Next on the list is a diff to try and get the power down a bit better.
  Will try and get you a photo next time i'm down at the garage  :thumbs:

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

I went in the car a few weeks ago and it put a big smile on my face :thumbs:

Sorted the fuel leak out Mike, it was the fuel sender seal. Quick fix which i was happy about  :)

Back to the top
hi Excellent workmanship. if i may ask why did you not install the Polo 6n2 dash?? im currently busy with an installation.

Back to the top
love this cabby, you have done some amazing work my friend.  :cool:

really liking the new daily as well. wish my new mk1 daily was as clean as yours  :dry:

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments guys ! Appreciated  :thumbs:

I didn't go with the 6n2 dash as I would have needed to remove the knee bar which would have lost the strength of the chassis. With the TFSI up front I needed it in place. 

The new daily has turned into the new project now browner  :lol:

Ad. 

Back to the top
haha i know what you mean, there is never such thing as "just a daily" haha

mike

Back to the top
Nice looking car mate and you are only around the corner from me.

Back to the top

beany1234 said

@beany1234 Sorry buddy, i've only just seen your post :P  Cheers buddy ! where are you ?

Bit of a while since updating :o but have had a bit done to the car in the past few months. It started off in January by getting the rust in the scuttle patched up and getting it painted after the brake fluid had been seeping into it. IMG_3567.JPG

It then got polished with the rotary and sealed using chemical guys jet seal IMG_3670.JPG
and then it went down to TSR to have the quaiffe diff fitted and sachs stronger clutch. Haven't really had any time to go out in it as the wheels are currently getting refurbed and having some radinox lips fitted to the rear to go 8.5j.
  I didn't have the vent's connected to the screen so kept on misting up. I had to put the connector back in which meant the stereo didn't fit where the ashtray was fitted so had to rework where the clusters are. IMG_3741.JPG IMG_3742.JPG
 I managed to get the catch can fitted as well but it filled up pretty quickly so I need to keep my eye on it !! IMG_3729.JPG
On Wednesday this week I got this through the post which I was pretty shocked about :o I wasn't expecting to get accepted all be it on Saturday night and outside :P IMG_3743.PNG
  The car was supposed to get re-mapped when it went down for the diff but they didn't get round to doing it ! It's going back down in April for a stage 2+ map which should be interesting :lol: Hoping to get it sorted before spring fest so i can get it down the strip.

Ad.

Last edit: by Baggie82

Back to the top
Nice work, how fast was the catch can filling up?

Back to the top

Dirrt said

Nice work, how fast was the catch can filling up?

within about 300 miles  O_o

Back to the top
That's very quick alright, what size is it? Was it oil or moisture or both?

Back to the top

Dirrt said

That's very quick alright, what size is it? Was it oil or moisture or both?
It was mainly moisture but had a little bit of oil in there too. Think it can hold about 300ml before it has to be emptied.

Last edit: by Baggie82

Back to the top
Just looking and think that i've installed the can upside down doh…..  :lol:

Back to the top
The dash looks fantastic mate, love it!! :wub:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

The dash looks fantastic mate, love it!! :wub:
 Thanks Andy ! Your car is coming along nicely now  :wub:

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

beany1234 said

@beany1234 Sorry buddy, i've only just seen your post :P  Cheers buddy ! where are you ?

Bit of a while since updating :o but have had a bit done to the car in the past few months. It started off in January by getting the rust in the scuttle patched up and getting it painted after the brake fluid had been seeping into it. IMG_3567.JPG

It then got polished with the rotary and sealed using chemical guys jet seal IMG_3670.JPG
and then it went down to TSR to have the quaiffe diff fitted and sachs stronger clutch. Haven't really had any time to go out in it as the wheels are currently getting refurbed and having some radinox lips fitted to the rear to go 8.5j.
  I didn't have the vent's connected to the screen so kept on misting up. I had to put the connector back in which meant the stereo didn't fit where the ashtray was fitted so had to rework where the clusters are. IMG_3741.JPG IMG_3742.JPG
 I managed to get the catch can fitted as well but it filled up pretty quickly so I need to keep my eye on it !! IMG_3729.JPG
On Wednesday this week I got this through the post which I was pretty shocked about :o I wasn't expecting to get accepted all be it on Saturday night and outside :P IMG_3743.PNG
  The car was supposed to get re-mapped when it went down for the diff but they didn't get round to doing it ! It's going back down in April for a stage 2+ map which should be interesting :lol: Hoping to get it sorted before spring fest so i can get it down the strip.

Ad.

Hi mate I live Dordon/Polesworth nice one getting into ultimate Dubs what time Saturday are you going down.

Back to the top
@beany1234 think I'm leaving about half 2 ish as the wife has to work  :| outdoor show n shine have to be there for 4 - 4.30. What time you going and are you showing both days ? Lol we are related to the people that own polesworth chippy and have one in Belgrave & one in atherstone. If you ever go in to polesworth tell the yank that I sent you and to sort you out  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Dam I was going to leave about 10:30 11ish and take a slow drive as not done many miles since doing my engine bay yea I've got a spot inside. Cool okay mate
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.