Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

Dirrt said

That's a lot of issues after TSR carried out the conversion.

I agree I don't think they even test driven the car at all.

Back to the top
hi baggie82 did you manage to sort the fuel issue out, the fuel return is on the fuel filter and there is 2 filters one 4 bar and one 6 bar of pressure dunno if that can aid the situation, hope you manage to sort it. but its strange that a reputable company did not test the car before you got it back.

Back to the top

twain16v said

hi baggie82 did you manage to sort the fuel issue out, the fuel return is on the fuel filter and there is 2 filters one 4 bar and one 6 bar of pressure dunno if that can aid the situation, hope you manage to sort it. but its strange that a reputable company did not test the car before you got it back.

Hey twain16v !
  No still not sorted it out yet mate but the car is drivable :) Yes I have a return coming off my filter but didn't realise that there were 2 filters.  I'm off to wörthersee on Friday (not in the golf) and then it's getting the paint sorted on the 5th so will get round to the fuel issue after that mate.
 Yeah i'm a bit disappointed with TSR as when It went back down in November they were supposed to have had a look at it and sorted it out , which they didn't !! Oh well , we live & learn !

Ad.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

twain16v said

Hey twain16v !
  No still not sorted it out yet mate but the car is drivable :) Yes I have a return coming off my filter but didn't realise that there were 2 filters.  I'm off to wörthersee on Friday (not in the golf) and then it's getting the paint sorted on the 5th so will get round to the fuel issue after that mate.
 Yeah i'm a bit disappointed with TSR as when It went back down in November they were supposed to have had a look at it and sorted it out , which they didn't !! Oh well , we live & learn !

Ad.
yea live and learn… it comes with the modding its never a smooth road……..had my share of dissappointment, which will all go one once the car make you grin from ear to ear and dont wanna get out

Back to the top
Awesome car mate. Love the dash. Something totally different.

Back to the top

The Gerbster said

Awesome car mate. Love the dash. Something totally different.

Cheers buddy !!

Well hopefully this will sort the fuel vaporising out once and for all. I'm going to run it up front somewhere so the return to the tank is longer. It's pretty slim so might attach it to the bumper behind the number plate as it will be hidden. 
C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
That's a bit of a strange one, I wonder will I have the same problem, time will tell.

I haven't heard of any other TFSI conversions giving problems like that.

Back to the top

Dirrt said

That's a bit of a strange one, I wonder will I have the same problem, time will tell.

I haven't heard of any other TFSI conversions giving problems like that.

Probably not mate as TSR set the car up differently than the qpeng guide. Hopefully this will be the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle now though.

Ad.

Back to the top
Picked up a forge catch can thanks to mike_turbo due to him going rs3 now :wub: and also picked up a new bonnet prop (nothing overly exciting!) The car is in the body shop now (TT Mac in Tamworth) and should hopefully be sorted by the 19th just in time for the agm. Just having the problems sorted that the last guy messed up i.e. Bonnet, rear panel, inner wings and bulkhead, and the small dent on the rear drivers quarter. I'm praying that they do come through on time  !!

Ad.

Back to the top

Back to the top
So… I gave the bodyshop a call to see if my car would be ready for today so that I could prep it for the agm. Unfortunately it's not ready 😢. Bit gutted that it's still in the shop , but I'd rather it be done properly and not rushed. 
 I'm picking up a lift pump from mike_turbo on Sunday to see if that will help out with the fuelling problem. If it doesn't I think I'm just going to send it back down to Tsr for them to sort out. I also got a new rear brake reg with my mk1oc discount and managed to save £30 !!  C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
It's back !! :):):):):):)  Really happy with the work that the body shop have done and know where i'll be taking the car from now on ! No nasty hard edges on the inner wings and across the bulkhead. Also had the dent I put into the rear quarter sorted out :$ It looks as though there is still an edge across the bulkhead but there isn't it's just the reflection :cool: C:\fakepath\IMG_3165.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3166.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3167.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3168.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3169.jpg

Back to the top
Saw it on FB last night, it looks soooo nice. You must be really pleased with it  :wub:  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Saw it on FB last night, it looks soooo nice. You must be really pleased with it     
Sorry Hairy i have just seen your post    Yes pleased with it now the major issues with the paintwork have been sorted. There are still a few more jobs to do but they can get done over the winter. Just been getting on with a few other jobs recently. I managed to get the fuel cooler fitted and ran a longer return back to the tank to see if this sorted out the fuelling problems but it hasn't ! So I spoke to TSR and they are going to take a look on the 26 - 27th of the month as it shouldn't of had this problem when i first picked up the car.  I also got round to fitting the catch tank as well. I've used a bracket that I found in the garage for the meantime until I can get one machined. It does the job   and got round to finishing off the parcel shelf by making a couple of side sections as well as a temporary boot floor until i have it trimmed.  All ready now for vw festival after spending about 6 hours cleaning it over the last two days 
C:\fakepath\IMG_3197.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3196.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3198.jpg C:\fakepath\IMG_3200.JPG C:\fakepath\IMG_3195.jpg

Back to the top
Awesome car, liking the TFSI in it!

Back to the top
So the car made it up to Harewood house on Sunday with no issues at all  :o  which I was shocked about seeing as i'd packed about 50kg of tools and jacks in the boot just incase  :lol:  Had a great day up there and will definitely be making the trip next year.   My new tank is arriving tomorrow and also ordered a swirl pot from obd products which is coming tomorrow as well.

Also between getting back last night and 3pm today I picked up this
C:\fakepath\golfmk1new.jpg
This is going to be my new daily and a slow work in progress, so don't expect too many updates. First off is to remove the stickers  :PAd.

Back to the top
Your car is so clean and well thought out, a credit to you  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Your car is so clean and well thought out, a credit to you  :thumbs:

Matt

Cheers Matt  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hey, whats the fuel issue your having?

Im in the middle of a mk1 tfsi  swap, its up and running but still a good bit left to do,

Back to the top

CDLA GUY said

Hey, whats the fuel issue your having?

Im in the middle of a mk1 tfsi  swap, its up and running but still a good bit left to do,

It was to do with the fuel pressure and the rate that the fuel pump was working at idle.  The regulator has been set to 4 bar rather than the 6.6 which means more fuel flowing through the pump and not allowing it to overheat.
 A vacuum hose has been run down to the regulator so that when i'm on boost the pressure goes back up to 6.6 bar.  I've not had any problems since  :)  apart from running out of fuel on the way home from TSR  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.