Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

great job on the jetta arches, looks like you'll be in good hands.

Back to the top
Well 3 - 4 weeks has turned into 5 months ! on the arch work , and i'm picking the car back up on the 19th.
  In the meantime i've been collecting a few pieces along the way to get it sorted.
  I will update with photos of the arches on the 19th……………… if there are no more hold ups !!

Back to the top
About time we had a update m8.

Back to the top
Feels like i've been waiting a lifetime for it to come back !! In the 21 months of the car being worked on i've only had it in my possession for 3 of them  O_o

Back to the top
In the end of it all it will be one great car.

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

In the end of it all it will be one great car.

+1, looking forward to seeing this back in your hands mate and finished off. Nice little collection of parts to get to work fitting when she's back.

Smudger

Back to the top
Just got some photos through of the new arches ! Really happy with how they look and can't wait to see what the wheels will look like once fitted.
  The door was off colour so Tom has gone over the whole car to get the colour right this time.

Also picked up some new hellas as well

Back to the top
Looks a good job m8'i bet that work wasn't cheap.

Back to the top
Ended up costing £900 , but didn't want to go down the camber and stretch route. You can guarantee mot laws will change in the future and would have to get them done anyway. 

Back to the top
That's a great job - looks meant to be! Nice one  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Looks cool mate. Worth the £££ all day long.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Right then , where to start…………
  I picked the car back up on Thursday and was happy with how the arches looked and how the colour was corrected.  It wasn't until I got home to have a good look at the car that I started to notice the problems :(  First off I i lifted the bonnet to notice that it hadn't been taken off when it had been resprayed and that the clear had run down so far and left a lip all around the bulk head and wings !! I then opened the doors and noticed the same problem !! The car had been blown over and not masked up properly.  This meant that the clear only covers the outside.
  There are also bits off dirt and dust under the clear coat and pools of paint around the wiper holes.  At the bottom of the front passenger arch the paint seems to have reacted and bubbled and it looks like wax oil has been sprayed over the paint.
  Also the discs and callipers have been masked up but none of the engine. This meant that the paint has gone all over the intercooler piping , pulley , gearbox and sump.  The paint on the bonnet louvre is  peeling and the petrol cap wasn't removed before painting so it is all rough behind it where the clear coat has missed .
  Really pee'd off as i've paid good money !   I can't be bothered taking it back up to get it sorted out as it's come back worse than when it went up , so what would it be like next time it came back and how long would it take……… 10 months ?O_o  Think i'm going to try and get it cleaned up a bit and run it as it is for the time being and get a decent respray next year sometime.

On the plus side the arches look sweet :lol:

Now for some better pics. (not too close :lol:)

Back to the top
Not good news Baggie. Can't believe this has happened. I would be taking it back mate in all honesty and asking WTH they're playing at.

Back to the top
Can't be dealing with the hassle smudger ! Just gonna take it on the chin and and get it properly sprayed up next year dude.
  The metal work seems to be good ! it's just the paint side of it that is really bad  :(

Back to the top
Gutted for you mate. That overspray on the engine is totally unacceptable for a supposedly professional outfit.  :P  :P  :P  :P

Back to the top
Gutted for you mate I would not be happy with that mate I would be asking for some money back.but on the upside the car looks close to be finished.

Back to the top
900? i would of charged you more than that just for painting it never mind the arch work,, take it back and get them to sort the over spray on your engine that is unacceptable

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

900? i would of charged you more than that just for painting it never mind the arch work,, take it back and get them to sort the over spray on your engine that is unacceptable
I've already paid £2400 for the previous metal work and paint job.
 The £900 was for the arch work . He was also correcting the previous paint job he had done as the colour was different on the doors compared to the body. Thats why he has blown over it to get the colour match right.
  The car has come back worse than when it went up  :( 

Back to the top
Mate, i love this and car is looking great, but gutted to hear that update.

I understand your frustration but at £2400 + £900 i would be going back to them regardless, if anything just to get some money back toward when you go for a re paint next year or whenever, also if people dont kick up a fuss they could do the same to the next car they do

Cheers Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
the cars looking sweet and i love the way it sits and i bet its fun to drive with the 2.0 TFSI but regarding the work id send them those pictures and why your not happy and say you would like some money back

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.