Skip navigation

1983 MK1 Golf GTI

Back to the top
Hey Guys,

Thought I should get around and post my new addition for you to have a nosey over.

Been a member/trawler of the MK1 forums for a few years now, and never had the guts to purchase the car I've always wanted. I have lived in Bristol for 5 years now as a composite engineer at Rolls-Royce, after a few events that made me realise whats the point in not enjoying life and you could be gone the next day I went on the hunt for a Mk1. Trawled the internet for 6 weeks to find what I wanted and found her on Gumtree on a Tuesday morning, sorted a viewing for the next day and went down with a bundle of cash on the train hoping I wouldn't get mugged! After reading every tip on viewing a MK1 from here I instantly knew that I had to have this. So did the deal and trundled back to Bristol for 2 1/2 hours on the motorway praying to god it didn't miss a beat and it didn't (apart from the police scaring the **** out of me in the petrol station on my first fill up).  After using her for 3 weeks now i can say I'm never going to get rid of her and she will have no expense spared on her when I complete my snag list, anyway here she is and I hope you like it!
1983 MK1 Golf GTI Mars Red
1.8L 102k Mileage
IMG_5257.JPG IMG_5256.JPG IMG_5260.JPG IMG_5259.JPG IMG_5258.JPG

Back to the top
Looks very nice, are you planning to keep standard or modify it?  doesnt look like it needs much on your snag list to be honest -

- possibly remote control mirrors
- black stripe at base of tailgate
- bigger duckbill spoiler
- paint the two vertical slam panel parts black so you can't see them through the grille
- a rear wiper and that's about it!

Apart from the no1 thing that should be on your list….. JUST ENJOY IT!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Wow love it !

Work on my Clipper

Back to the top
I always loved that colour.  Nice one mate.

Back to the top
Looks good, Love a Mars Red golf!

Back to the top
Lovely little gti there chap. 😜

Back to the top
Looks really great except two of the spot/fog lights have fallen off!
Seriously though, it's a good looking GTi and I'm envious.

2 tintops.
3 cabbies, 1 with G60 power, just for fun.
Volvo T5, just for fun.
3.1Ltr V6 Dutton Leggera, just for fun.
Renault 5 GT Turbo, just a money pit!
Several boring cars, just no fun!

Back to the top
Looks stunning. Can't beat a mars red ;)

Back to the top
Yep She's a thing of beauty!

Is she all original or has she undergone a major refurb? :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.