Amazing work dude  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Cheers lads :thumbs:

Back to the top

pazwaa said

I wish my welds were half as good as yours  :(

Looking good  :thumbs:

I use 0.6 wire for just about everything, keeps it nice and tidy :thumbs:

Back to the top
Amazing work! ive been following this build for a while now, im dying to see some paint go on!!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks mate, I'm dying to see some paint on too, I've got until the middle of October till she goes to the painters, so I'm just taking my time at the minute. Should have another update by the end of the weekend hopefully :thumbs:

Back to the top
This is unbelievable work ... Puts my ideas to shame on my lil resto project

Back to the top
Cheers Tango, this is my first project so I'm learning all the time mate, it's been good fun though and I will be doing another one at some point! just need to get this one finished first :lol:

I've just been looking at your thread mate, that's a nice little cabby you've bought, she should do up really nice :thumbs:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

Cheers Tango, this is my first project so I'm learning all the time mate, it's been good fun though and I will be doing another one at some point! just need to get this one finished first :lol:

I've just been looking at your thread mate, that's a nice little cabby you've bought, she should do up really nice :thumbs:

Im just starting mine feels like ive got a long long longgggg way to go, the bits that scare me the most are removing the dash, roof and engine - so many bits and pieces its daunting !

But seriously well done on yours its inspiring!

Back to the top
Great thread, very enjoyable read.

Very impressed with the time and effect you've spent on your car so far.
I thought the rust on my Lhasa MK1 was bad until I saw yours! ;)Hat's off to you!  :ocf_emoticons__cowboy:

Back to the top
Thanks lads :thumbs:I thought I would have an update this weekend, but no :( my plan was to finish the boot floor and fit the spare wheel well, but it doesn't fit :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: Luckily it's too big and not too small, so I should be able to shrink it as it's made up of four sections. I'll just have to unpick the welds and pull it in a bit :lol:

Back to the top
What the wheel well itself is too big?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

What the wheel well itself is too big?

It is Andy mate, it's actually out of round too O_o The outside rim is made up of four sections and there is four tacks on each section keeping it together, I just need to drill out the spot welds and pull it in and re-weld it, I'll post some pics later on after I've been down the unit.

Back to the top
Andy, was that your new well or second hand? I've got a new one waiting to be fitted and that also looks like a bag of fun too.

Back to the top

Cero said

Andy, was that your new well or second hand? I've got a new one waiting to be fitted and that also looks like a bag of fun too.

It's a new one mate, I bought it from a member when I first joined the forum. Not sure where he bought it from though.

Where did you buy yours from mate? and is your outer rim all one piece or is it in sections like mine?

Back to the top
That's odd, wouldn't have thought it would be an issue

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I'm just wondering if it's for a mk2 mate, as there is also an 8mm threaded bar for a wheel clamp that sticks up out of the well, mk2's have them don't they?

Back to the top
It won't be a mk2 one Andy, they look completely different to mk1s and are around half the depth too.

Back to the top

sp8y said

It won't be a mk2 one Andy, they look completely different to mk1s and are around half the depth too.

Never thought of that, they have a space saver don't they. Just gonna have to fettle it in :ninja:

Back to the top
Yep, or you have a lump in the carpet for a full size spare.  Werk34 has them with a threaded bar.

Does it look like this?
http://www.typ-17.de/product_info.php/info/p13327_Reserveradmulde--passend-fuer-Golf-I-und-Golf-I-Cabrio.html

Back to the top
Yes mate, that is the exact one!!
There are too many online users to list.