Skip navigation

'83 Gti 16v turbo

Back to the top
The series 1 has started slowly… Basically looking like this, 

The sunroof is going, I'm doing a full roof swap on this  :thumbs:

Couple of issues I've spotted upto now 

:lol:

Mint dash and wheel at home out of the unit 

And picked these up as they come up when you don't need them/have money :(  and made a start cleaning one of them…

:thumbs: plan is to stay original as possible with reversible mods (lows, wheels) fully rebuilt engine, and I'm in two minds on colour either the original black (which I can't find the code for) or to go the white that the gti's came in (opinions welcome on that front…) 

Cheers. 

Back to the top
That dash looks absolutely mint mate. You're a lucky fella getting to refurb a series 1. I wish you good luck with it dude

Smudger

Back to the top
Personal opinion only but I'd say go white. GTI's looking stunning in white I think when they're mint, which yours will be when it's done ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Ahhhhh your the only person who's said white haha. But thanks man really appreciate the kind words! 

Eager to get it done already. 

Back to the top

Brad. said

Ahhhhh your the only person who's said white haha. But thanks man really appreciate the kind words! 

I aggree with hairy mate, black would look good but white.would look so much better

Dnt rush.it mate lol u cant rush perfection :)

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Nice one:) IMO black :lol:

Back to the top

chipster2407 said

Brad. said

I aggree with hairy mate, black would look good but white.would look so much better

Dnt rush.it mate lol u cant rush perfection :)

Nah white for def!! Makes all the black trim jump out :thumbs:

Back to the top
I'm really hankering after white I think but I'm just unsure. May do some googling to fine nice black and white ones  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looks like a decent shell Brad, congrats mate!! I have to agree, white is the way forward, if done properly it would be stunning :wub:  :wub:

Andy.

Back to the top
I used to have a black series 1, so I'd say black.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
I used to have a black series 1, so I'd say black.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
Tough one this. Don't know a lot about the Series 1's. Did they come from the factory in white? Ifyes I would go with white :)

If not stick with black mate. Whatever you go with it's going to look awesome. :)

Back to the top
According to the guide and to my knowledge they came in alpine white  :thumbs:

Ages until paint anyway haha. Be updates later this week  :$

Back to the top
White gets my vote then Brad. :)

Back to the top
I'd do white as well. Don't see too many white one's, although black is the iconic colour for 'em.

By the way where abouts in Sheff are ya!? I'd love to pop over and take a look next time your about mate!

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
Think it's going to be black tbh. Originality, but I don't see the matter as it will be restored anyway so wouldn't ever sell as 'original' 

Adi the car/unit is up dronfield way if your ever up there  :thumbs:, quite a way from you. 

Back to the top

Brad. said

Adi the car/unit is up dronfield way if your ever up there  :thumbs:, quite a way from you. 

Do go that way now and again, let me know if your about next week  :)  . Also did I read correct somewhere that you can make a roll over jig for people? Need one for the turn my projects taken!

Also see in your sig you do welding? Can I be very cheeky and see if you'd take a look at my S1 panel, see if you can fix it up? Maybe :) Taking mine back to rebuilding it from a shell

'83 MK1 Golf GTI
'02 Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5
'08 Audi S3 2.0 16v TFSI

Back to the top
Jesus I thought it was nearly done haha! 

I can do both the above mate, pm me I should be around wed all day next week for a chat  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Back to the top
 :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

More details please !!!!!
There are too many online users to list.