Skip navigation

'83 Gti 16v turbo

Back to the top
This runs  :dry:first turn starter now once all the nags where ironed out! 

Building it back into a full car sat over the weekend but lost battery so could take pics. 

Having two silicone hoses made up for reasonable money as I've put a top fill in and swapped stuff about I don't really want 4 joints in it when I can have just 2, one at each end. 

Will post some pics on wed eve of the interior in etc. 

Back to the top
Sounds like you've been busy mate. Get some pics up :)

Back to the top
Bloody have man! Only time I've looked back recently and seen some progress! 

Il grab some pics mid week, going to make a jig for somebody then so need to go up  :lol:

Back to the top
Ok mate standing by for pics of the work :)

Back to the top
On it! Il picture the hidden ecu  :dry: I'm impressed with my wiring hiding. Never ever done wiring  :$

Back to the top
Double checked all the timing today just to be sure. 

And sorted my belt scenario out, so here's a pic of my setup down that side. Trigger wheel is for mega jolt and mounted just behind that to the block is the crank sensor 

Spent a bit of time putting interior back together and took this pic of the edis and mega jolt ecu positioning, left the computer cable in and tucked in the glove box for easy mapping  :ninja:

Not the neatest of them all but hey ho. One thing il note here is that I welded a bolt to the chassis near the fuse box to earth all the mega jolt stuff all together to stop Any interference and ensure good earths. 
And been driving it around today too   :cool:

Back to the top
Looking good brad, not long now till she's ready :)

Back to the top
FAIR PLAY!! U dnt hang about mate, wats it like with mega jolt all fitted?

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Thanks man! Erm, now I've messed with carbs and got a decent ish map on, its fast! Loving the cable change box too it's so smooth! 

Made this too 

And an interior shot minus centre console 

Back to the top
love the work on this, and the wheels you a have on now  :thumbs:

Wanna Hug?

Back to the top
Cheers man. Appreciate it a lot. Got running issues on back but I don't wanna compromise how it sits haha. Whacked some bump stops in for now see how it hangs in. 

Back to the top
Practically finished now mate :)

Back to the top
mot Wednesday, then back to daily driving, Santa pod next Friday but undecided whether to take it up strip or not. 

It will never be finished either haha. 

Back to the top
Impressed by your motivation laddie :wub:

Need to get mine done and then we can race :lol:

Back to the top
Cheers Arun  :wub:

Haha which one we racing  :dry: the blue or white one  :ninja:

Quite keen to see what times I can get in strip  :cool:

Back to the top
Update,  been mapping today and setting fuel pressure/balancing carbs. Thing feels fast! 

Mate was up with a camera aswell so here's what he took. 

And the centre all in and gauges working fully :) 

Gotta fit the filter to the carb aswell bit hopefully be driven wed after a test  :$

Back to the top
Love the seats mate. All looking great :)

Back to the top
Nice! :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers lads. Will be going to Big Bang in this and hopefully racing. Then it will be going to Le Mans 24hrs! Fully excited. 

Back to the top

Brad. said

Cheers lads. Will be going to Big Bang in this and hopefully racing. Then it will be going to Le Mans 24hrs! Fully excited. 

Sounds like a plan, car is looking great. Enjoy it mate!! :cool:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.