Skip navigation

'83 Golf - (non)BBS Bodykit - Resto Project - (02/01/22)

Back to the top

'83 Golf - (non)BBS Bodykit - Resto Project

Alfie said

Neuk said

Alfie - That digital rendering, where did you get it from?  Looks like one of the digital renders that a local South African does, Gavin…

Correct  :D  White Mk1 | The project continues! www.facebook.com/GavinHay... | Flickr

Aaah, thanks, he runs a small blog called Vagas, also has Twitter and Facebook feed…

VAGAS

@VAGAS_feed

https://www.facebook.com/VAGAS.FTW?fref=ts

His digital renders are doing the rounds nicely at the moment…

Current Garage:

Daily Drive: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant

Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline

Project Fes: 1982 Golf GLS 1.5

Project FeO: 1966 Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Back to the top

Neuk said

His digital renders are doing the rounds nicely at the moment…

That 'co hes a freekin genius :D

Managed to get the rest of the engine parts ready for Zinc plating and powder coating yesterday, de-greased the whole lot and and pressure washed it down.

Also managed to get the box primed and painted.. The priming turned out good but I have no idea how the paint will turn out. Looks lovely at the moment but will wait and see when it dries.  Still got the under side to do but will need to wait on that until its dried properly.

I'm fairly confident that I managed to clean it up and degrease it the beast it could be. At least now I know I have got rid of all the old paint so if it needs to be re-done it will only be a case of rubbing it down with some wet and dry and then re-coating.

I used some Simoniz Tough Black Paint so hopefully this will hold!

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Very nice mate. Love a bit of painting things up……

:D

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Very nice mate. Love a bit of painting things up……

:D

Didn't come out quite as well as I'd hoped, I think I should have wire brushed it down 1st as the surface isn't as smooth as I wanted in the corners.. Might have to start again lol!!!!!!! only 5 hours wasted  :banghead: Going to give it another coat and see how it comes out..

Got a pic of a fellow members on here:

pet73r said

But mine only looked like this:

:banghead:

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
When I was doing all my painting up of bits I used a circular wire brush attachment on an electric drill and it worked a treat for me.

Back to the top

Re: Inspiration

Alfie said

Bit of inspiration to keep me going :D

Made my day to see this!

'96 1.3 Mk1 (first car) Oldschool conversion in progress

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.vwclub.co.za/vwforum/viewtopic.php?t=56714

Back to the top
Hi Alfie

Shame about the gearbox, bit of a nightmare when things don't turn out right first time.

How's the shell coming along? Do you have anymore pictures?

David

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top

wannabemk1owner said

Hi Alfie

Shame about the gearbox, bit of a nightmare when things don't turn out right first time.

How's the shell coming along? Do you have anymore pictures?

David

Not got any further pics unfortunately, hopefully going to get some on Friday

I have however grabbed the gearbox and brought it into the house last night to get a good look at it and keep it warm so I can put another coat on it, it seems pretty good actually that now it's dried, and despite the fact I missed a few bits, it's not come out too badly.. So quite chuffed about that. Just need to give it a quick rub down with an abrasive pad and give it another good coat in the warm.

DSC01007 by Pixel Horizon, on Flickr

MY Build Thread

Back to the top

Re: Inspiration

Gavh said

Made my day to see this!

I've been looking at your thread on VW Vortex and complaining about how unbelievably good those 3D renders are!! Much respect!

Alfie

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
Just read your thread from start to finish Alfie. Your doing a top job!! :)

Cant wait to see the car back from the bodyshop in her new paint!! ;)

Back to the top
Looking good mate! One thing i noticed is that the holes to mount the larger wrap around bumpers are still there,would be nice to smooth them if your going small bumper or have you left them so you can change it about a bit if it takes your fancy?Looks ans is a totally different car now!

Back to the top
oopps best sort that signature out lol :redfaced:

Back to the top

pet73r said

Just read your thread from start to finish Alfie. Your doing a top job!! :)

Cant wait to see the car back from the bodyshop in her new paint!! ;)

Thanks man,

It's been a long old slog, It's amazing how much of "not doing much" you can fit into a 3 year 10 page build diary lol

Alfie

MY Build Thread

Back to the top

utterly-dubberly said

Looking good mate! One thing i noticed is that the holes to mount the larger wrap around bumpers are still there,would be nice to smooth them if your going small bumper or have you left them so you can change it about a bit if it takes your fancy?Looks ans is a totally different car now!

Ha good spot, I was going to fill them, then I thought better not… I have the big bumpers at the moment and whilst i know I will have the small bumbers in the long run, I haven't found any yet (looking for a full set inc bracket etc). I know as soon as I get the small bumper, i'll wish i would have got the holes done but I've missed the boat now I think….

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
Could just buy some blanking grommets and paint them,not ideal but will at least distract the eye from them a little?

Back to the top
Ill ask them about it as they running behind at the moment so may still be time.. Otherwise it'll unfottunately be blanking plates..

Sprayed up the alternator on sat, not too bad but needs another coat.

The body shop has given me a final date of January 8th.. Amazing how long 5 weeks turns into 15 week, will wait and see I guess!

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
Some sleepless nights ahead then for you mate over Xmas waiting for the collection date to come round.

Good luck.

Back to the top
Can't wait, but not looking forward to the rebuild! Just hope it's all up to the standard I'm looking for lol, become a bit of a perfectionist..

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
Went and had a quick look at the car today, slow progress but were getting there. I've been working flat out on the engine at the mo getting parts cleaned up, painted and ready for the powder coaters. will get some pics up of this tomorrow..

Untill then here's a few pics of the car as it was yesturday, (i've got some pics of the inside painted but will be keeping those for later!!)

More to follow :D

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
i'll bet you cant wait to get it back and start putting it all together. I'm looking forward to see this being driven about on a nice sunny day  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.