Skip navigation

Newbie 1.4 TFSI 6speed into mk1 cab

Back to the top

Hi new to site and looking forward to being a member,in the process of buying red Sportsline and would like to put latest 1.4 TFSI engine and box in car , any advice welcome

Hi newbie here that's looking to buy mk1 cab but would like a 1.4 TFSI engine and 6 speed box conversion ? Just wanted some advice/ views on subject thanks Walt  

Back to the top
Welcome along mucker.

Would be an interesting one to do.

Dunno if anyone out there has made any engine mounts for that conversion (probably not) so you'll have to make them up yourself. Hope you're good with a welder!  :P

I have heard of this being attempted before but I've never seen one completed.

A spertline would be a poor choice for the conversion though imo. Just that those cars are already rare and collectable so you'll actually hurt the value of the car by changing out the engine.

If you're going to buy a car to do the engine conversion a 'normal' cabriolet might be a better choice. Just a thought

Good luck and await to see some pics  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Thanks for input but really fancy doing this conversion, car Currently as no engine and box at present and is a bit of a project, going to make standard in appearance- will this affect future value 

Back to the top
Yes massively will affect value… but who cares right, it's just a piece of metal. 

It's gonna cost you a fair amount for the conversion too I'd imagine. 

If money isn't a problem for custom driveshafts, mounts, and all the other stuff then crack on I say. 

Be good to see something different. 

Back to the top
Cheers Roach and thanks for advice nothing definite yet just putting it out there, idea is cat b Audi A1  take engine 6 speed box and wiring etc , fabricate mountings then get replicated ifrom billeted aluminium- want to use existing chassis mounts mated to modified engine mount .just thought power and economy going to be weekend car as previous mk1 golf 1.8 dx not great
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.