Skip navigation

Restored Campaign

Back to the top
Here is a friend of mines recently restored campaign.

He isnt going to share it online so I am picking up the baton. Has just had a full respray as well as replacement correct engine and includes all of the correct campaign trimmings.

Couldn't work out how to add a picture so copied a link from a pic I uploaded on Facebook last night.

Currently driving it daily so we can get a couple of thousand miles on the new engine.

Back to the top
Looks very nice, appears to look really correct from the picture here, nice to see some more photos.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Nice example. Worth to keep it original

Back to the top
Looking good. Love to see more pictures, to add pictures use the add picture tab or use a tapatalk ap on your phone and add image from there. :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

Restored Campaign

Just signed in on Tapatalk and will get some more pictures.

A bit dirty again as I’m driving it daily to run it in.

Have a problem with the Aux Air Valve so it doesn’t run well cold.
I understand these are unobtanium now so hoping there is some advise before I have a go at making an electronic one.

I am also building a 1JZ-GTE powered Datsun 260z at the moment as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Start a new thread about the AAV, they do appear on ebay or you can try cleaning it out with carb cleaner as it's just a valve/flap which opens and closes when needed. There is a few threads on cold start problems as it could also be the WUR?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.