Skip navigation

New owner in Norfolk

Back to the top
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum. Recently picked up an early LHD auto. Lovely original car. Got some issues with the running so might have to pick some brain at some point. 

Hoping to make it to the meet in July 🙏😁 IMG_0672.JPG

Back to the top
Looks lovely. Must point out that it is illegal on this forum to only post up just one picture of a really nice car, especially a very early one like this!

Welcome and look forward to hearing more about this. I didn't even know the early cars had an auto option.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Would you look at that!  :wub:

RichardHall is right, we need more pics - welcome along!

Also, definitely come to the AGM, its the best and i'm not paid to say that - I'm genuinely a volunteer  :P

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Richard, I just have the photos from the previous owner at the moment. I will take some more at the weekend.

I wouldn't imagine there were many automatics in 74/75 so I think it is quite a rare variant. Passed its MOT this afternoon with zero advisories. Not bad for a 42 year old car.

Back to the top
Wow. What a lovely car.

As above. NEED MORE PICS!!!
 :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

New owner in Norfolk

Hi and welcome great car as above deff need more pictures nice to see another person from norfolk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Oh wow! Yes more pics please!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

New owner in Norfolk

Pics please!

Welcome to the club!

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top

New owner in Norfolk

Greetings from Suffolk, from what I can see a lovely looking car

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top
Hi alspeed were did you find this one . Hope you wil bring it to our Norwich meet in June. Date and venue to be arranged son .

Back to the top
What running probs do you have except the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Back to the top
Hi, yes getting used to left hand drive… haven't had a chance to get any more pics,  trying to sort out running issues! 
The car won't idle very well hot or cold, it revs up fine but just splutters and stalls when you come off the throttle. The timing and points gap are perfect now but I am yet to replace ht leads and coil, should be coming tomorrow. Could there be anything else I haven't checked? 
Any help would be very much appreciated 👍🏽

Back to the top
Put your question in the he'll ppl section of our forum you will need to state engin size carbed or injection etc. one of the buffs will pick it up and prob give you a probable solution .

Back to the top

AlSpeed said

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum. Recently picked up an early LHD auto. Lovely original car. Got some issues with the running so might have to pick some brain at some point. 

Hoping to make it to the meet in July 🙏😁 IMG_0672.JPG

Like this!!!
Good to hear there's another person in Norfolk with a Mk1.
I had the same sort of trouble with my series 1 and it was the usual bits of rust in the tank blocking the fuel intake lines. Petrol would start engine okay but under load there was sometimes not enough fuel.Likely to be carb' set up too! BUT ITS BEST TO MAKE SURE THE PETROL IS GETTING THROUGH FIRST…
So, take out the rear seat, get a magnet on a strong string, undo the inspection cap ring (goes anti clock to unlock) catch the rubber seal though.. then remove sender unit and look up pipes. Blow out backwards and also from engine end under bonnet. Mine had lumps jambed in it. Then move magnet about catching any further rusty bits until you have got as much out as possible (also tied magnet to flexible grab and that got it into corners).
As said the carb' set up is tricky too, is it original or a Webber? go to technical for more advice.
Where roughly in Norfolk are you ? as could always call and see if I can help?, if you like.
Marcus.

Back to the top

New owner in Norfolk

Thanks for your comments Daytona. Have fitted new carb and all good now. :)

Back to the top
Can you make our meet later this month.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.