Skip navigation

New member with familiar car

Back to the top

BRN !

Hi guys,

I have purchased Danny Smiths 1980 Brown 1.5 GLS.

Since purchasing I have had the coilovers removed and new mounts, shocks, springs all round to put it back to original height.

Currently tuck away in a garage but will be making an appearance this weekend and will grab some pics.

Anyone near Portsmouth up for a meet let me know!

Thanks Ash

Back to the top
Welcome along Ash.

Can't wait to see some pics  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Welcome, Ash!

I love a standard height Mk1  :$

Your membership pack is on its way to the post office as I type - thanks for joining up, the team really appreciate it  :thumbs:

Now get some pics up!

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

New member with familiar car

I've just joined myself, have a standard ride height as well
Not a Pompey girl (Gosport) but now moved to Reading so not far
Not sure car would make the trip down the M3 atm tho!

Back to the top
Pre height change pics… IMG_0754.PNG IMG_0755.PNG IMG_0756.PNG IMG_0757.PNG IMG_0758.PNG IMG_0759.PNG IMG_0760.PNG IMG_0761.PNG IMG_0762.PNG IMG_0765.PNG

Back to the top

Claireyd said

I've just joined myself, have a standard ride height as well
Not a Pompey girl (Gosport) but now moved to Reading so not far
Not sure car would make the trip down the M3 atm tho!

Hi Claire, don't see a lot mk1's round Portsmouth/ Gosport of late!  Hope you get yours M3 proof soon. 

Back to the top
Very nice, I very nearly bought it myself instead of the 1.8T cabby

Is a gorgeous car, enjoy and look forward to catching up at a show or 2

If you fancy it, check the National section I am running a big stand at Bristol Volksfest this year

Cheers, Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Ahh! That one!

Nice  :thumbs:

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Welcome

I love this car  :wub: - I have some pics from inters about 6/7 years ago, still looks great.

I have a thing for brown vans and cars….

Back to the top

IMG_0772.JPG New stance on steelies ! IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0780.JPG

Last edit: by Stanley Chase

Back to the top
Hi Ash,

Will dig out some photos for you of your car. These range from 2008 till around 2010.

I remember it being pretty low and It must have quite uncomfortable to drive, not to mention speed bumps and bumpy showground fields for shows.

One event you might be interested in is a monthly meet at The Departure Lounge, Alton. 1st Sunday of each month 2pm. This is for all classic cars made 'till 1989. There were about 250 varied classics at the last meet.  Free to go in - café toilets etc. Just roll up, park up and walk around.

Just wondered if you might want to delete the pic of your car with the street name sign in.  The wrong people might find where you mk1 is kept overnight. (just trying  to be helpful).

Dave.

Last edit: by watson

Back to the top
Thanks Dave will do! Thanks for the heads up.

I used to work in Alton and will defo take a drive up the and have a good look around.

Prior to the height rise I couldn't go over any speeds bumps etc! Right pain trying to plan routes every time you want to take it out for spin!

Back to the top
Welcome aboard and good to see the car in good hands.
Don't forget our AGM in July too.

cheers
chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.