Skip navigation

Back to the top
Hello everybody, longtime lurker on the site but am finally getting ready to track down my boyhood hero - a blue Rivage.  Wanted one for years, ever since walking past one every day on the way to/from school.  Down the years I've found various excuses not to take the plunge, but the cars are becoming so rare that I want to make sure I get one before they're all gone!  Looking for a concours example or something cheap that will make a great project.

Am in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, so would also love to hear from any local Mk1 fans!

John

Back to the top
Welcome to the club, good luck with your search, there are a few members on here with really nice Rivages but no doubt they are holding on to them.

As well as the usual places, eBay, Autotrader etc also look on the Car & classic site nice ones turn up on here from time to time.

Find Classic Cars & Motorbikes | Car and Classic

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Many thanks. What do you think of this one?  Expensive but do you think good value?

http://m.ripleycarriage.co.uk/Advert/AdView/18614674

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
That certainly looks very tidy, I guess the answer to, if it's good value or not depends on the quality of the work, hopefully they kept pictures of the restoration whilst it was done. From looking at the list of parts changed and work done it does seem reasonable.

Definately worth a look I think. Just missing the rivage decals from the side and the grille without centre badge isn't standard. drivers seat bolster looks like it doesn't quite match, but could be just the photo.  A bit of wrinkling of the seat material, probably been steam cleaned and the glue underneath has come away, could be fixed DIY or by a reupholsterer if you want it to look perfect.

Another thing to assess value is how long you intend keeping it for, if it's a long termer then getting the right car that you want is more important than a bargin that you will want to get your money back on in a couple of years.  I have just paid what on paper is a silly amount for an original one owner Audi TT, but it is just what I wanted and perfect in all the right areas. If I sold it now I would loose a couple of thousand, but intend to keep it for 10yrs plus so it's a bit irrelevant really if that makes sense.

Last edit: by RichardHall

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Big money and I can't see if the mileage is listed?
As Rich points out no Rivage Decals or anti stone chip foils either.

It says new roof but did they  sort/replace the interliner and padding out? Did the headliner need changing and was it done.
Problem is some leave them and to redo the hood only.

Problem being is if you need to replace them then the new hood has to be taken off as all the fixings for the interliner and top pad and the headliner are all underneath.

Again missing the original twin light grille.

Not standard as factory.

Questions I'd be asking are
is the cloth tonneau cover there?

Do the heated seats work?
Heated seat failure is a nightmare as the under seat cross rail holds the relays and these do get wet and malfunction.

Poor advert as it description is wrong.

It should be finished in classic pearl blue paint not inka blue.. Inka blue went on
the cabby clipper/GTI.

The interior is called Mauritius blue.

The wheels are known as Le Castelette wheels.

So if it's been painted inka blue it's the wrong colour and would need another respray to make it correct colour.

I'd double check the log book says Rivage on it also.
What's the Reg number?

Personally I've got the classic pearl Green LTH version of the Rivage.

On a cool evening with wind blokker in place to kill the cabin noise and breeze, heater on full tilt and the heated seats on it's still comfy for the roof down.

As for a project it depends  on your skills and or bank balance.

Cheers

Chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

Thanks guys, some great insight there.

Back to the top

Still lurking and looking for the right car!

Any thoughts on this one?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253778803577

Back to the top
There was a rivage on facebook the other night for 4k i think. Worth having a look on there too!

Back to the top

sam1008 said

There was a rivage on facebook the other night for 4k i think. Worth having a look on there too!

Thanks bud.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.