Skip navigation

New guy - Hello all

Back to the top
Hey guys new to this site,just wanted to say hello and give a little bit about me. Over the years always been a hot hatch fan but always had the French motors, 3 Renault 5 gt turbos (old rtoc club member) and 1 clio sport later I've finally come over to the dub scene. 
  For years I've wanted a mark 1 just couldn't get around to buying it for other reasons, when I noticed prices starting to go up I thought he'll if I don't get one now I never will…
A bit about the car, used to be lensa green (I think that's the name) but now resprayed in audi ibis white it's currently got a mk2 1.8 16v head on a 2.0 audi bottom end (I was told) with Honda cbr bike carbs and a 4-1 manifold. Lovely noise if not slightly a little too loud sometimes. The interior needs a fair bit of work but is standard all around grey striped interior

What have I done so far…completely treated the paintwork using da polisher, clay bar and meguiars polish cut compound followed by souveran wax. Polished the headlights to bring them back up to speed and replaced all 4 seat belts as they were non original along with holsters. Lastly i replaced driver door lock so it can finally be secured

Plans are…Either a standard gti engine or a 1.8 20v turbo really undecided tbh. Gotta spray the engine bay the same as the rest of the car, going to have the wheels  completely re done in a polished metal finish and hopefully get the interior to a mint condition that I can be proud of. Need to get some new seat bases and a parcel shelf.

Thanks guys

Hope you like it as much as I do! Can't wait to get started :)
Ben 2016-09-02_20.46.52.jpg 2016-09-02_20.45.04.jpg 2016-09-03_07.51.15.jpg

Back to the top
Welcome to the club, very nice car, love the combination of small black bumpers, gold BBS and white paint.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Greetings... :thumbs:

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
Welcome to the club first of all and as Richard said love the look! 👍 😀

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Welcome Ben,

Very nice looking car  :wub: . I'd make you right about the engine bay. It would look much better the same colour as the rest of the car.

Back to the top
welcome to the club Ben

Back to the top
Very nice, welcome :)

Back to the top
Thanks for the welcome guys and really appreciate the positive comments 👍
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.