Skip navigation

Needing help finding parts!

Back to the top
Hello from Chesire way!
I'm very new to forums so please bare with me with these things, technology baffles me sometimes.

I've got myself a MK1 GTI Campaign which is just about finished but I'm struggling to find a few bits, the reverse light switch ( also has something to do with the computer, think a smart lad at the garage called it an MFI? ) and then the rocking horse poop, a center cap for the pirelli alloy!

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, looking forward to getting her over to some shows but this center cap is bloomin hard to find!

Also I don't suppose anyone knows of a registry for the MK 1 campaigns? I've had a few enthusiastic people try and grab her a few times from me so I'm wondering how rare these are? Can't say I've seen another but I imagine theyre moth balled away in garages.

As soon as I've figured out how to get pictures off this phone I'll put some up for you, so far it's looking good but I'm always willing to hear of any improvements, want to make this the best and original. not much into moding things, feel like I'd wreck it if I tried!

Thanks all in advanced and look forward to sharing knowledge with you!

Back to the top
Hi,
The computer thingy is called an MFA, not sure where to get the reverse switch from as I've neer need one. Try the links on the discount pages, they could help.

Re the Campaign registers - there's a group on Facebook called The Campaign and Pirelli Edition register if you're on FB. 

Try and come down to the AGM and show the car off. Folk will be able to help you with ideas then. 

Dan

Back to the top
Reverse light switch is available from vw heritage and probable Ebay as well. This is the one fitted to my 83GTi, check at the side of your gear box, it is most likely the same on yours.
Andy
Unknown.jpeg images.jpeg

Back to the top
Welcome Alieus !

It might be worth checking out the regional page to find local enthusiasts. They may have parts going spare or know of them from other members - http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=regionmap

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
German website WERK34 pretty sure they had some Pirelli centre caps when I looked the other week.
I emailed them about some wheels to see if they ship to England and cost of shipping, was told it was 25 euro per box and a set of wheels would be two boxes so about £40 to ship a set of wheels so postage isn't too bad, but I think the centre caps where quite expensive.

edit: link

https://www.werk34.de/product_info.php/info/p21397_Center-Cap--fit-for-Pirelli-Wheel-6x14--silver.html

Last edit: by rowdy

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.