Skip navigation

Newb saying hi from Newcastle

Back to the top
Just thought I'd introduce myself. Bought myself a campaign edition in white a month ago. Loving it ATM. Got a few little niggly issues to sort out but mechanically the car is great. It's currently my second toy so look forward to restoring it to its full glory. 

Car is lowered on kw v1 with 15" BBS Mahles

- Ho

Back to the top
A warm welcome  to the club, there will be plenty of advice on here if you want some advice on the niggles.

Post up some pictures, it's the law!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
My patsy  image.jpeg

Back to the top
The rest of the motley crew  image.jpeg

Back to the top
nice welcome to the club...

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Love the Mahles, thought when you posted up about them they were actually going to be RA's as not seen 15" Mahles before.

The Westfield?? at the bottom or. Caterham is about the only car I would swap my Mk1 for, very jealous.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
It's a Westfield Megablade bud. Running the 893cc carb blade engine with a dyno jet kit. I've had it 2 years now and it's not missed a beat. 

Back to the top

Newb saying hi from Newcastle

Welcome aboard looks a good example.
Sounds like you'll soon sort niggles out on it.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Current niggles are :

Speedo isn't working. I've changed the cable and red cog and it still hasn't fixed it but oddly it always starts to read at 60+ mph….mpg needle/gauge doesn't work ( I know it's only 5th gear) and the Mfa trip doesn't work. Had an autosparky re earth everything today. Any ideas or new clocks needed? 

Carpet needs re gluing/ attaching 
Needs new tyres ( rears are stretched and I don't like it) but I've ordered some. 
Wheels are getting refurbed at the end of this week. 

It had a full respray December just passed but I'm guessing the prep wasn't 100%. It needs re worked but the sprayer has agreed to take it back and re do it. 

Back to the top
hi and welcome to the club, by any chance is that monty's old beast?

Back to the top
Oh my, looks lovely on those wheels  :wub: welcome to the club buddy.

Back to the top

easternkris said

hi and welcome to the club, by any chance is that monty's old beast?

Hi bud. Yeh it's montys old car. Getting the love it deserves :) he's taking it back soon to have a massive discreet audio upgrade. 

Back to the top
Haha it's pretty clean. Pulled really well it's right strong little 8v. I wonder how many times he'll ask for it back? It's a really nice straight car 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.