Skip navigation

Mrk 1 gti what to do

Back to the top
hi all I have got a mk 1 golf gti 1600 with single headlights she has not been on the road for years and is deteriorating she is in original condition and has had one owner from new ( my mum ) the car has great sentimental value ,but due to lack of space I may have to get rid
or is it worth paying for storage to do up in a few years when I have more time as I know pepole are now collecting these cars

Back to the top
Welcome to the site

The mk1 is certainly a collectable car

It's up to you, personally I would keep a do up and enjoy it but someone else might say different

:)

Banner

Back to the top
Only you know if the sentimental value is worth paying for storage, but paying for storage in the hope the value will increase, diminishing returns maybe.

Back to the top

Mrk 1 gti what to do

Welcome

I regretted getting rid of my first Cabby.
So got another when I could.
Sentimental value may help you keep it and actually work on it and get it sorted.

Cheers

Chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
what year is it and what colour? could be super rare too :)

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
The car is rare already if its only had one owner but current condition may outweigh the rarity factor.
Where is it stored at the moment if you say its deteriorating? Needs to be kept dry and out of the sunlight if your going to hang onto it.

How bad is its condition and how deep are your pockets if you decide to keep it?

Storage has to be cheap if you ever want to see a return on it.

If you let your heart make  the decision it'll cost for sure but the end result may get you your money back if you do decide to sell.

If its an early one then it'll be worth money regardless of condition but will potentially cost more to restore as parts are rarer.

Only you can decide on the financial factors.

Back to the top
All of the above advice is very sound indeed.
All I would add is if it's cheap to store then keep it as you most likely will regret selling it!

Can you tell us a lot more about the car and post up some pictures so we can be of more help.  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.