Skip navigation

made the move back from those red neck caddy's...

Back to the top
Hello all, I would like to say im new, but I have been stalking your pages for nearly 10 years and thought its time to bring something to the table….

I must start with being honest, the reason for finally joining is that its my 10yr anniversary of the dreaded first car well 43 days to be precise, so hoping to finally bring a build to an end, well an mot'd end to start with. It was sat where I could see it and stupidly took a unit on so I had an excuse to get it on, that was 6 months ago and its still a shell :) I have gone through the complete molestered stage and after being dumped in a field for a few months, locked in a barn for a year, stood one end of my village, then hidden at the other, few stints on parents drive, rolling/shell/rolling/shell, 7 engines in and out later….. now I just want it in one piece and stop the never ending 'that'll never be on the road'.

Anyway will now be able to get some sort of a collection of photos of what you shouldn't do as an 18yr old, and pics of how you fix the 18yr olds mess! here it is, February 2015 :

and where it ended up 6 months ago……

Back to the top
Welcome to the Club first of all.

Good on you, you've saved another Mk1 from being just another list of parts for sale on certain websites!  :thumbs:

Keep the good work up, keep us updated and if you have any questions at all just ask.  ;)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
thanks for offering, any help is gratefully appreciated! I am trying to convert to an ahu but want to keep it tdi as have a complete car, do have a gtd pump but only found out it wont work, well bolting on and running. The main problem, like most, is the wiring. Until the search tab cant help I will post ;)
Thanks again

Back to the top
Welcome seems you've have you fun with this one

What's up the gtd lump?

Banner

Back to the top
gtd needs a new turbo and holding out for another caddy ideally, managed to get the tdi complete for not a lot considering its running etc

Back to the top
I just like the gtds because there less work

I'm lazy you see.

Banner

Back to the top
yep, I still think the turbo will be ok but the usual, running aaz price of motor and hassle of it want it in, running and hopefully no problems (touch wood), and a tdi engine cover lol
have you a gtd in yours??

Back to the top
I did but then I will be going back to standard when mine is finished

Loved the gtd lump I may even get another to rebuild and do a tastes full upgrade to mine

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome to the forum,

Smudger

Back to the top
yup, one day will get round to the gtd, must admit I'm all for big powered petrols but until I can afford one and do it right, tdi is for me :)nice engine bay smudge, cheers for the welcome :thumbs: 

Back to the top
Look forward to the build thread :)

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.