Skip navigation

Hello from Essex

Back to the top
Hi all,

Just signed up as I'm starting to restore my Mk1 GTI cabriolet for my missus.   It's a bit of a change from my usual car but it should be a nice, useable classic for her.

TK

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the Club.
So tell us all about the Cabby and do post some pictures up, even better to start a 'Project' thread.

That way everyone can watch it develop over time!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
welcome, another cabbie in Essex :)

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top
Well, it belonged to my sister.   She wanted some cash for something so her and Mum decided I'd buy it off her.   That was it, I didn't really have a say in it at all.   It sat around for a while as I didn't have time to do anything with it but I think it's about time to get it on the road.   5th injector and a sensor (from a 924 I believe) sorted the cold starting issue and a friend has given me a set of rear light bulb holders to sort (hopefully) some erratic indicators.   Now it could do with some shocks and a bit of de-rusting then some paint and it'll be a nice run around.   If the boss likes it I'll probably do a bit more of an extensive restoration.

I'll get some pics up in a week or two when I'm home long enough to do anything.   I'm the mean time I'm getting my Merc ready for a trip to the Nurburgring at the weekend.   :D :S  Not the ideal ring car but we'll see what it can do!

Back to the top
What merc u got Tommy?

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top

Alps said

What merc u got Tommy?
A supercharged E55 with quite a few modifications.  I've just fitted a Quaife LSD and some new Yokohama tyres ready for the trip.   Power and torque both over 620 so it's nippy.   Should do over 200mph too but I've not tested that yet.   Cruises comfortably at 180mph though.   It's a good toy!    :thumbs:I've got no restraint when it comes to buying cars and bikes I'm afraid!    :$Edit because i found a piccy:

Back to the top
SNAP lol

heres mine, wrong forum tho, running slightly over 630 lol

times now going on the cabbie :)

Back to the top
Very nice mate!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.