Skip navigation

Newbie - as rare as hen's teeth?

Back to the top

Black Sportline cabby...

Hi RFd,

I managed to get the one on eBay, hope u find one soon. I've been looking for a while so I know how hard they are to find.

Cheers

Back to the top
Great news! Which one did you get, there were three on there in the last week or so?

Back to the top
Got the one in Wales, ended auction early after I made a few offers.

Back to the top
Good effort there. It looked like it had been loved for sure. 

Back to the top
Sorting out a couple of minor issues but overall cracking condition, if I see any others I'll give u a shout.

Back to the top
There's a black one on eBay for £3450

Item number

Located in Stoke on Trent.

Might be worth checking out

Back to the top
That's the one N9SOK is selling. Looks good but we can't agree a price unfortunately 😞

Back to the top
Ok, an update. 

I've seen two more today, both Clippers. The first we won't talk about… A real dog of a car! The second one I quite like. It was a J plate in white with a new black mohair hood and 135k miles with FSH stamped in the book up to around 122k. Only issue is he wants £3.5k for it. 

It had a MK1 forum sticker in the window too, albeit it was a dealer sale… Anyone know J744YAW from Emerson's Green, Bristol? 

Off to see a black GTI on an F plate later on so will see how that goes… Fingers crossed!

Back to the top
Hello mate,

N9sok has dropped his price on eBay to 3k

Back to the top
I've a red one mate on a J plate downside it's in NIreland …..

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
Cheers Baz

Back to the top

Rfd said

The second one I quite like. It was a J plate in white with a new black mohair hood and 135k miles with FSH stamped in the book up to around 122k. Only issue is he wants £3.5k for it. 

It had a MK1 forum sticker in the window too, albeit it was a dealer sale… Anyone know J744YAW from Emerson's Green, Bristol? 

im from birstol and not heard of the car, if you want a second pair of eyes to look it over give me a shout

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Arf333. Kind offer that. 

I'm trying to see another white one that sounds good but is in London. I've also been approached about a red Sportline in Northern Ireland.

I saw the ad for the black one you found there. The photos look good but I'd be worried about the non standard engine. Shame because otherwise it looks very original. 

Cheers

Back to the top
I am also a regional host with Scott above in Southwest and we would be happy to check a car out for you if its local too us

If the Northern Ireland car is a good one, go for it, I picked up my Sportline from Ireland (see thread link below)

Good luck with your search and if you bag a Sportline make sure you register it at www.golfgtisportline.com :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Richyhill, I'm hopeful that I may have some good news within the week… I'll post on here when I do 😃

I'm bristol based so I may see you at a meet in the future

Back to the top
Where abouts in Bristol are you ?

You seen this; www.bristoldublove.weebly.com

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
I'm in Portishead mate. 

Not seen that before, I may drop by in September (if I have a car by then!!)  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Rfd said

I'm in Portishead mate. 

Not seen that before, I may drop by in September (if I have a car by then!!)  :thumbs:

wicked, come along even if you dont have one ;)

youre not far from us im Sever beach and Rich is Lawrence Weson nnnn Gary

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.