Skip navigation

Hello

Back to the top

Inherited GOLF GLS - not run since 1987...

Hi, I've just joined hoping to find someone looking for a project - its a 1977 GLS AUTO 5 door tin top.
I'd be grateful for advice whether it should be saved or scrapped!

Thanks

Back to the top
Any Mk1 Golf tin top is worth saving as prices keep climbing.

I guess it depends on what you can do and how deep your pockets are if you take to a garage and they do all the work.

Post up some pictures and more info and see if we can help.

I use the tapatalk app to upload pictures to this site. :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Hi, thanks for your positive feedback.    Once the for sale had been validated you'll be able to see the car! Or should I add the photos here??

Thanks

Back to the top
welcome mate

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
IMG_3671.jpeg

77golfgls said

Hi, I've just joined hoping to find someone looking for a project - its a 1977 GLS AUTO 5 door tin top.

Thanks

IMG_3670.jpeg IMG_3669.jpeg IMG_3668.jpeg IMG_3667.jpeg IMG_3666.jpeg IMG_3664.jpeg IMG_3663.jpeg IMG_3662.jpeg IMG_3661.jpeg IMG_3660.jpeg

Last edit: by 77golfgls

Back to the top

Re:

77golfgls said

IMG_3671.jpeg

77golfgls said

Thanks

IMG_3670.jpeg IMG_3669.jpeg IMG_3668.jpeg IMG_3667.jpeg IMG_3666.jpeg IMG_3665.jpeg IMG_3664.jpeg IMG_3663.jpeg IMG_3662.jpeg IMG_3661.jpeg IMG_3660.jpeg
Go for it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top
It looks ok from the pictures but check underneath as it's were the rear beam is attached to the body (just in front of the rear wheels) that can rust, also rear arches and corners of the rear valance you need to look at.

Don't attempt to start the engine with the fuel that's in the tank as it will of gone off and could be like jelly, set up a fuel can just before the fuel filter and use that fuel but try and turn the engine over by hand to make sure it's not sized (19mm socket on the crank nut)

Definitely worth saving being a series 1 with the small rear lights and chrome bumpers and early style instrument cluster. :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Welcome!
Save it or sell it to someone who will, definitely don't scrap it.

Back to the top
77golfgls - I've asked our webmaster lhasadreams to have a look at your access level / advert.

Hopefully it'll get sorted asap. 

Please bear with us (I'm on holiday at the moment and hadn't seen your message til now!!)

Dano

Back to the top
Should be ok now

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.