Skip navigation

VWfestival Harewood house leeds August 15th/17th

Back to the top

club stand

Thanks Eddiebear for sorting me a club stand ticket sorry we didn't get to speak we just seem to keep missing each other had a great show loads to do …Glad I was not the only person who thought the camp site was ruined by idiots I thought I was becoming a stick in the mud with age but wheel spinning cars on the rev limiter at 1 am and people shouting where's Alan made me decide Family camping next year!

Back to the top
yes it deffo family camping for us too not sure what happened to the rules of camp site will be sending email to vw festival

Back to the top
Yes I will be sending a email to VW Festival too and if I ever meet the person who decided to print "Where's Alan" on a tee shirt I will kick them in the Alan's if you know what I mean that's my Victor Meldrew bit over back to normal now

Back to the top
We were camped pretty near first main entrance where everyone walked thru, and pretty close to the 2 knackers in the Beatles and what I can only guess was a vr6/r32, on Saturday nite they were still redlining there cars at 3am. Foaming wasn't the word. 

Back to the top
totally in agreement with all of the comments above including my hubby's (Robbie Wells-Young) What should have been a fantastic weekend was slightly hampered by a few dickheads…….you  would think the organisers  would have it down to a fine art now as seen as it was the 10th anniversary this year……oh well maybe next year…..!!!!

Back to the top

pudding can said

Thanks Eddiebear for sorting me a club stand ticket sorry we didn't get to speak we just seem to keep missing each other had a great show loads to do …Glad I was not the only person who thought the camp site was ruined by idiots I thought I was becoming a stick in the mud with age but wheel spinning cars on the rev limiter at 1 am and people shouting where's Alan made me decide Family camping next year!

Hi pudding can, it was nice to get a quick chat with you in the campsite on satuarday. Great to see your van and hear a bit about the process :wub:

Back to the top
Only got a few brief chats with a few of you. As I was elsewhere for most of the 2 days with the family. also thanks for attempting to put my roof up when it rained.  hopefully next year i'll be able to stick around and chat some more. It was a great weekend but will say there were a lot more Ar*eholes this year in their chavtastics

Back to the top
Thanks Eddie for my pass. I only could make Saturday, but Sunday looked like a good turn out.

Considering it's August, it was a bit too windy and cold. Too windy to keep my bonnet open, it caught the wind and slammed shut :o

I hope to post up some pics from Saturday later today.

Lhasa2008

Back to the top

Got a quick photo of the stand yesterday, the Friday night wasn't to bad, Saturday all the idiots came out the wood work, it was a fantastic show (first festival) but put me off going back for a full weekend 

Back to the top
Thanks Eddie for organsing the Club Stand. I only could make Saturday too and it was good to meet you and also Lhasa2008.
I was there when your bonnet closed and it cetainly went with a bang. I hope it's not damaged in any way?

Overall I thought the Show on Saturday was disappointing. There was something about the organisation and the layout of the Event which was lacking and for the price (£15 per person for the day), I was expecting a lot more.

Back to the top
I just went on the Saturday too but I was pretty impressed with the show. There did seem to be a fair few traders that didn't turn up unless they just couldn't fill them?

Plenty of spaces empty as well on the club stands. I guess that's down to the show and shine being on Sunday though?

Back to the top
Again thanks to the "bear" for sorting the pass out .
I'm sorry didn't get to meet and chat with a few more people , but I was back and forth to the camp site getting the camper ready for the show in Saturday and them in Sunday taking the awning down and various other bits of flying paraphernalia
  with the wind!!….oh and I was a bit rough on Sunday too!!

Family camping is a lot more relaxed and quieter( well apart from the club opposite us on Sunday morning that decided playing the Pulp fiction soundtrack at 7 am !! Missus wasn't impressed!!)

See ya'll next year :) 

Saturday was a bit disappointing turn out wise for the cars on the show ground ( weather?!?) 
On another note, there was a few of our camping club (Vw northeast )that thought the security was abysmal and the new rules for the marquees were a bit over the top…no dog,only two cans, no push chairs( this was rescinded later) it's a festival for FAMILIES !!!!! Our leader asked the event organisers about the changes and basically said ..that's the rules..blah,blah..we said we'd not return next year (over ticket sales) he said he wasn't bothered and they'll still fill the places..oh well crack on then mate!

Back to the top
Sorry I had to nip off early on the Sunday my wife had text that my youngest son had been taken into hospital. Turned out to be all ok but wanted to say sorry for not saying good bye to anyone.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 

Back to the top
Sounds like there were a few issues at the show this year. 

Send the organisers emails and let them know how you feel. It's the only way to get through to the powers that be. The security won't be bothered they're just hired hands. 

Back to the top

Dano said

Sounds like there were a few issues at the show this year. 

Send the organisers emails and let them know how you feel. It's the only way to get through to the powers that be. The security won't be bothered they're just hired hands. 

Hired hands who get paid!!

Back to the top
Yeah, the only way people in the organising find out about issues is to tell them..otherwise it'll carry on regardless.

It was still a good show and maybe we have been a little spoiled by previous shows over the years (and we are all getting older and less tolerant !) 

But punish the few that are knobs and don't blanket ban everything!
Apparently the no pushchair rule was due to a couple last year who took their 9 month old child into the marquee, stood in front of the speakers and were dancing and having a laugh,whilst the child was holding it's hands over it's ears and crying!! 

Back to the top
well my message of complaint sent hopefully if everyone else does the same actions will be taken against the minority of idiots who spoilt the camping for the majority ...

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

pudding can said

Hi pudding can, it was nice to get a quick chat with you in the campsite on satuarday. Great to see your van and hear a bit about the process :wub:

Back to the top

pudding can said

Dubbuds said

pudding can said

Hi Dubbuds it was great to meet you good to put some faces to names thanks for your interest in the van hope to see you around  

Back to the top

Robbie Wells-Young said

well my message of complaint sent hopefully if everyone else does the same actions will be taken against the minority of idiots who spoilt the camping for the majority …

Who and where do you send it? :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.