Skip navigation

VWFestival 2013 - Leeds

Back to the top
 :thumbs:

Talizman said

Ok guys and girls, I have emailed VW Festival and had a response from one of the organisers saying that someone else has requested the stand???

Any ideas?

Eddie Dear / Martin Parsons????

Hiya, yeah Eddie has sorted club camping and has emailed about having a club stand. If you can sort between you about the club stand if they let us have one that would be brill:-)

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Talizman said

Ok guys and girls, I have emailed VW Festival and had a response from one of the organisers saying that someone else has requested the stand???

Any ideas?

Hiya, yeah Eddie has sorted club camping and has emailed about having a club stand. If you can sort between you about the club stand if they let us have one that would be brill:-)

Yeah i'm trying to sort club stand and club camping out but had no response yet.Only on club camping .

B reg cab

Back to the top

Eddiebear said

CabrioAnna said

Talizman said

Any ideas?

Yeah i'm trying to sort club stand and club camping out but had no response yet.Only on club camping .

Have you got Paul's details? He is the guy that emailed back. Whether he has misunderstood or not, I'm sot sure?

Back to the top
Ok just had an email and we can have a club stand and club  camping area there is a but too the club camping area its
£3.00 per plot.so how many for club stand and camping. and what days club   members get first dibs.
once  I know how many are camping for how long I will pay for plots and people can give me the money when they get there
I will book clubstand  for 12 cars.And should any one who is on the club stand on sunday need too leave early you can leave
between 2.00/2.30pm

clubstand list

1.eddiebear  got pass
2.bungle84  pass given
3.cr41g need adress
4.Talizman  pass sent
5.astraman18 pass sent
6.Dom123 pass sent
7.Markorggy.maybe
8.rivarge5  pass given
9.lhasa2008 pass sent
10.Rachyness. maybe

Last edit: by Eddiebear

B reg cab

Back to the top
well I was thinking of going on the sunday but had a look today and the site says that it`s £13.50 for adults…that would be x2 for me so it`s now a non starter .

Back to the top
eddie, what is the score with club camping?> £3 per plot? is that on top of the £35 pp already paid for a weekend camping ticket!

Back to the top
I'll be there for both night's camping but planning on getting there early doors so I can pick a spot that's suitable for the kids, like last year.

I'm up for putting my car on the stand. Sunday only or both days??

Back to the top

PNERivage said

eddie, what is the score with club camping?> £3 per plot? is that on top of the £35 pp already paid for a weekend camping ticket!
Yeah what I will do once I have a final number of people club camping I will pay for it bsfore hand and collect money from people that weekend as they want one payment so if you all can let me ASAP .

B reg cab

Back to the top

Talizman said

I'll be there for both night's camping but planning on getting there early doors so I can pick a spot that's suitable for the kids, like last year.

I'm up for putting my car on the stand. Sunday only or both days??

great your on the list.

B reg cab

Back to the top
cheeky blighters :@
wanting an extra £3 per plot. I know its not much but they already had £70 for the 2 tickets.

Cheers for putting me down for the stand. Will sort out when we meet up on the Friday.

Back to the top

bungle84 said

cheeky blighters :@wanting an extra £3 per plot. I know its not much but they already had £70 for the 2 tickets.

Cheers for putting me down for the stand. Will sort out when we meet up on the Friday.
Do you want club camping its in the family area.

B reg cab

Back to the top
I m up for both nights and the club stand if there is a spot. 

Back to the top

astraman18 said

I m up for both nights and the club stand if there is a spot. 

Brill your on yhe list.

B reg cab

Back to the top
leeds vw fest are very checky asking for an extra 3 quid..  

you could just all meet before you get there find an area and spreadout :-)  for late comers..

not sure if I'm going this year, but if I do i wont be putting my car on the club stand.  Its a great show but its the clubs and cars that make the show.  the organisers dont offer anything to those showing there cars, infact an extra £3 for club camping proves that.

last year it was the showers that were an extra £3 (wonder if they will be this year?) .. also note there has never been a designate place to wash your pots and pans, just a sink where people wash their hands after the loo

35 weekend camping
3 club camping
3 shower sat
3 shower sun

£41 - £44 each before your food and drink  :(  

Back to the top

PNERivage said

leeds vw fest are very checky asking for an extra 3 quid..  

you could just all meet before you get there find an area and spreadout :-)  for late comers..

not sure if I'm going this year, but if I do i wont be putting my car on the club stand.  Its a great show but its the clubs and cars that make the show.  the organisers dont offer anything to those showing there cars, infact an extra £3 for club camping proves that.

last year it was the showers that were an extra £3 (wonder if they will be this year?) .. also note there has never been a designate place to wash your pots and pans, just a sink where people wash their hands after the loo

35 weekend camping
3 club camping
3 shower sat
3 shower sun

£41 - £44 each before your food and drink  :(  

If, like me you're into camping then the simple rule is to be prepared! I always take a washing bowl and several large water containers.

You're right about the cheek though. It's not as though we would be taking up much more space as a club camping area. On a previous year I attended a large group of friends came along and we just set up camp as we liked.

Back to the top
last year we arrive together on the friday and there was lots of space for us to set up together and put a gazebo in the middle..  all they are gonna do for club camping is section off an area, probably a good walk from the entrance..  they should be knocking money off for those showing cars not adding it on  :@

I may go with my 2 oldest boys,  like last year, but cant really take a 6month old still on sterilised bottles where there isnt somewhere to washup properly

Back to the top
Me and Sharon will be going again this year for the weekend but will be just camping somewhere random again in family camping. Sharons car won't be there as it won't be finished. We will be going in my car but it may be a bit too ratty for the club stand. Good weekend and great show though and the northern guys are a laugh :-)

Back to the top

vwbug said

Me and Sharon will be going again this year for the weekend but will be just camping somewhere random again in family camping. Sharons car won't be there as it won't be finished. We will be going in my car but it may be a bit too ratty for the club stand. Good weekend and great show though and the northern guys are a laugh :-)

North>South ;)

We'll be doing the same. Hopefully that Clipper will be completely built back up, but we'll be in that regardless, with the Vengabus (Octy vRS) carting all the camping gear!

Back to the top
Any more for the clubstand come on don't be shy

B reg cab

Back to the top

PNERivage said

last year we arrive together on the friday and there was lots of space for us to set up together and put a gazebo in the middle..  all they are gonna do for club camping is section off an area, probably a good walk from the entrance..  they should be knocking money off for those showing cars not adding it on  :@I may go with my 2 oldest boys,  like last year, but cant really take a 6month old still on sterilised bottles where there isnt somewhere to washup properly
Tony if you do go what route you taking and do you know if Mark is going.

B reg cab
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.