Skip navigation

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Back to the top

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

vwgolfgtinut said

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase dont do the weather thing!!!!!!
The Mrs is planning on sun but im worried for the R word being more relevant. And please no one say the R word!!!! Especially while we are there!!!!

Wot, MacBeth?

Basically we should be okay cos if it ****s on Saturday, there's always Sunday where it might not ****

Back to the top
I am coming up on Saturday - is there a time we have to have our cars in place on the stand by?

Steve - do you still want me to bring Ant's gazebo? We can't leave it up on the stand overnight. I also would bring my car back to the camping overnight as it will have all our stuff in it.

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

I am coming up on Saturday - is there a time we have to have our cars in place on the stand by?

Steve - do you still want me to bring Ant's gazebo? We can't leave it up on the stand overnight. I also would bring my car back to the camping overnight as it will have all our stuff in it.

Rajan

I think Steve posted something up on the moderators forum but he is now away until friday tomorrow night with very limited access to email.

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top

MrsLawsy said

dubboy said

Rajan

I think Steve posted something up on the moderators forum but he is now away until friday tomorrow night with very limited access to email.

Wendy what's the upper limit on attendees for camping and the club stand? There are still people interested and coming forwards….

Back to the top
i think there needs to be a cut off point which i fear has passed whats the estimated list so far

we did have quite a large camping area last year so there may be room for more?

Back to the top
could you put my name down for the sunday if theres room please? dont finish work til 7.30pm on saturday and cant be arsed putting a tent up in the dark!! really looking forward to this one - before sunday i need to fit new polybush rear engine mount, fit new throttle return springs and slightly weaker idle jets to the twin carbs, two new front tyres and get the tracking done, and raise the front suspension a tad cos im sick of buying new sumps..... better get on with it!!

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Lawsy said

Update as of 18.50 25th august

Any more??

update so far

camping

1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy
2. Bens Cab
3. Paul C
4. Dubboy
5. Gammygolfgti sat night
6. chester
7. andy 2540??
8. vwgolfgtinut
9. sparkstu

Cars on Club stand
1. Lawsy
2. Dubboy
3. EW sunday only
4. Gammygolfgti sunday only
5. chester
6. andy 2540
7. bens_cab whole car Saturday, Parts of car Sunday
8. GolfsRule - Sat pm - sunday all day
9. vwgolfgtinut
10. Debs (sunday Only)
11. SparkStu
12. ANS4R (Sunday Only)

Strip Action
1. Bens_Cab sunday
2. Paul C ???day

Paul C will yours be available for the stand when its not hooning down the strip

right i have just spoken to steve.

he has said the deadline for camping etc was last friday so the people above have preference if other people turn up and we can fit them in then great but if not then they will have to go elsewhere, Brian has advised that they are struggling for space. This was why steve mentioned about not having cars where the camping is where possible.

hope this resolves a lot of the questions.

Back to the top
we had 6 cars and a trailers and 6 tents last year and still had room i think the space factor isnt a problem tbh

i did however say over estimate the amount of people coming just incase of last minuters  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
just got the BBq out and the bottom fell out opps so thats a no no :lol:

Back to the top
steve did ask for extra room to accomodate the trailers that are coming so hopefully we can squeeze a couple more tents in.

Anyone that just wants to go on the club stand on either saturday or sunday should be ok as we have been advised there is plenty of room.

but steve has said he will try and blag more space when we get there.

hope this helps

Back to the top
Good possibility I will come Friday night, it will cost me the same to camp from Friday as it would if I arrived Saturday night. So on Saturday morning I'm be popping up to Edition 38 from VW Action, then back to Action afterwards :lol: .

See you Friday.

Back to the top
Wendy's getting a little confused..

right girls, please look back over last few pages as thats what i'll have to do, i'm away at the moment and just logged on via a receptionists desk at the b&b..

anyone got any issues or need anything explaning ring me on 07834515382 - the numbers for the stand were booked as per people confirmations on friday ( I added 3 extra people for camping) Brian Burrows request was it'll be a bit cramped as there's loads of requests for club camping so space will be pre-allocated and divided up, I'm going to try and blag more room when I get there..

So everyone on list has priority over camping space, there is LOADS of room however on the club display stand for everyone cars so thats fine, anyone else coming no worries there.

Really looking forward to this one now, should be excellent

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Wendy's getting a little confused..

i am not the confused one  :mrgreen:  :D  :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
ive managed to get saturday off work now so i can get down saturday if theres room for camping?

Back to the top
well as usual im doing my last minute.com thing leave it all to the last minute then run round like a headless chicken

today i got 2 new tyres fitted

tommorow i need to set the the camber up remove a ratling heatshiled
get the camping gear out and check ive got everything then go shopping for food

just to make it more frustrating my dumpvalve has stopped venting joy :lol:

Back to the top
got the barbeque steve so bring the coal :lol:

Back to the top
Good luck Ben, I'm tinkering with the mk3 in the morningbefore heading up..

Dave_Dub, give me a call when you arrive as all places had to be in for last week so we may be full up on official campsite, I'm going to try and blag more room for us all to squeeze in…
Plenty of room on car club stand for everyone tho

Back to the top
The build up to this event is huge over on Volkszone, loads of threads, some 50+ pages too! Its certainly going to be a biggie. Sounds like its going to be buzzing from around all day Friday too, so be prepared for a little queuing….

If we're getting short of space on the camping area and there's a bunch of late attendees, I don't mind parking my car + trailer elsewhere, so long as its safe enough. After all, getting people out and about and attending shows can only be a good thing!

Watch out for the little black car chasing aircooleds on Saturday night..

Back to the top
I'll be there tomorrow afternoon  :)

I assume they must issue passes so you can come and go off the site, so I can pop over to Ed38 on saturday morning? Not camped at Santa Pod before, so just asking if anyone knows the crack?

Back to the top
Gammy, think you can pop out once in, be good to have you there friday too mate..

Paul I know what you mean, action is going to be massive this year so camping will be a little tight, any help about parking elsewhere is great, unless you can park the tow vehicle on the trailer on then camp on its roof????

Also I hope weathers ok, then there will be no need to have the awning up on our trailer tent (only taking it to act as a clubhouse) which'll then free up a little room..

My car will be dumped on the club stand all weekend, any valuable wil be on me as thats the much safer than in the car..  :mrgreen:

Rajan, if you can grab the gazebo then great, plus the flag and any banners etc, be good to have some of the regional banners on the campsite area too, want it to be so everyone sees us.. Also, are you driving up a mk1 or bringing your horsebox?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.