Skip navigation

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Back to the top

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Ben, strip the paint off it. it will make it lighter still…

Just got back from weekend away with trailer tent, all's good and the awning is huge..

As to cmaping, had email backf rom Brian Burrows and all's looking good we have a club display space which ideally all cars will be on all weekend (gives more room in camping area) which is other the other side of the track from camping, we also have a club camping pitch, I've requested its big enough for 10 big tents plus cars and trailers.. So hopefuly we'll ass squeeze in, otherwise we can park trailers and car sint he main car park..

Now MrsLawsy is off friday we're going to head up late morning and aim to be there from 2ish, you cant miss our huge trailer tent its Blue, grey and pink.. If anyone has any issues on the day, then please give me a call on 07834515382

Good to have you along as well GTInut, debs, wil make sure there is space on sunday too.

See you there..

Back to the top
I'm all pretty much ready & packed for Action too. The car's running sweetly so it doesn't need any last minute stuff done, and I've already popped it onto the trailer:

Back to the top

paul_c said

I'm all pretty much ready & packed for Action too. The car's running sweetly so it doesn't need any last minute stuff done, and I've already popped it onto the trailer:

Its still got wipers and mirrors fitted paul. thought they'd be off.. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
well mine is almost done jobs to do are

paint bonnet
get tyres
remove bumpers may do that on the day there
remove wing mirrors and wipers
remove door cards and stereo on the day
adjust the coillies if i can find a spanner  :dontknow:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

adjust the coillies if i can find a spanner  :dontknow:

Plenty of spanners will be there already mate.. not sure you'll be able to undo your coilies with them tho  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

if not, hammer and big screwdriver works just as well

Back to the top

vwgolfgtinut said

well we'll be there already got the kennels booked for vee and dubz. just got to dry the tent out from saturday nights downpour at Harewood

Cool names

Back to the top
right all

Spoke with Mrs Lawsy and we'll be leaving ours around 10ish on the friday, heading up the A34, M40, A43 etc aiming to be there for early afternoon (yes its a long time but I'm towing in a 1.3)

So hopefuly we'll be there early and claim a decent campsite spot for us all.. (those towing their MK1's might need to be careful where we park trailers as it'll be a squeeze)

We'll be in the trailer tent (belwo) and project hof for those that havent yet met us, so when your there, come find us and get set up…

Camp HQ.. LOL

Back to the top
Update as of 18.50 25th august

Any more??

update so far

camping

1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy
2. Bens Cab
3. Paul C
4. Dubboy
5. Gammygolfgti sat night
6. chester
7. andy 2540??
8. vwgolfgtinut
9. sparkstu

Cars on Club stand
1. Lawsy
2. Dubboy
3. EW sunday only
4. Gammygolfgti sunday only
5. chester
6. andy 2540
7. bens_cab whole car Saturday, Parts of car Sunday
8. GolfsRule - Sat pm - sunday all day
9. vwgolfgtinut
10. Debs (sunday Only)
11. SparkStu

Strip Action
1. Bens_Cab sunday
2. Paul C ???day

Paul C will yours be available for the stand when its not hooning down the strip

Back to the top
paul will on the stand once hes killed it :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
put me down for sunday, know there isnt a club stand at E38 :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Lawsy, I know you suggest putting cars over where the club stand will be on the Saturday to save space, but for me, the car is the safest place to lock the valuables, so dont fancy it parked over the other side of the strip overnight. If we get stuck for room, I'll go squeeze the mk1 with Volkstorque overnight, hell I'll shove it in their little marquee, I've repaired it enough times for 'em  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Fair enough Warren, mine's going over anyways

Back to the top

bens_cab said

paul will on the stand once hes killed it :lol:  :lol:

after run 2 then…

Back to the top

ans4r said

put me down for sunday, know there isnt a club stand at E38 :mrgreen:

will do

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Update as of 18.50 25th august

Any more??

update so far

camping

1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy
2. Bens Cab
3. Paul C
4. Dubboy
5. Gammygolfgti sat night
6. chester
7. andy 2540??
8. vwgolfgtinut
9. sparkstu

Cars on Club stand
1. Lawsy
2. Dubboy
3. EW sunday only
4. Gammygolfgti sunday only
5. chester
6. andy 2540
7. bens_cab whole car Saturday, Parts of car Sunday
8. GolfsRule - Sat pm - sunday all day
9. vwgolfgtinut
10. Debs (sunday Only)
11. SparkStu
12. ANS4R (Sunday Only)

Strip Action
1. Bens_Cab sunday
2. Paul C ???day

Paul C will yours be available for the stand when its not hooning down the strip

Back to the top
looking good more than last year tbh may need a bigger fridge

ill dig the burger burner out tommorow  :lol:

Back to the top
I got a MMAASSSIIIVVEEEE coolbox, sorted the stove and gas bottles, got massive water canister and loads of BBQ briquettes.. So should be good, the awening on the trailer tent is big, but will take gazebo too and generate a big seating/communial area in middle of camping area

should be a great weekend.. Cant wait

Back to the top
I'll be there on Sat night to paaartay then autojumble on Sunday, so feel free to come and have a little mosey on over to my stool t osee if I have any goodies for your mk1 ? big bloke with a goatie here's a pic

Sadly not in my mk1 though!!! in a van!!  :wink:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
I shouldn't tempt fate, but the weather is looking gooooood for this weekend  :cheer:  :cheer:

Back to the top
Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase dont do the weather thing!!!!!!
The Mrs is planning on sun but im worried for the R word being more relevant. And please no one say the R word!!!! Especially while we are there!!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.