Skip navigation

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Back to the top

VW ACTION, SANTA POD 29th - 31st Aug 2008

Greetings All.

Am new to this but will be travelling up to VW Action so happy to join in. I love a beer and love my food and luckily do not snore!! Be good to meet up with some fellow MK1'ers!!

Back to the top

andy2540 said

Count me in for the club stand and maybe camping.

|What do I need to do?

andy, just let me know what days your coming on.. the stand if we get enough will be on both days, camping is club camping so nearer althe attractions

chester, you'll fit right in then, beer/food and chat is what I'm about..

Looking good now guys

If we get enough peeps then the club stand will go ahead, club camping is defo on tho. I've got to confirm this week so come on, keep pestering and get some more

update so far

camping

1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy
2. Bens Cab
3. Paul C
4. Dubboy
5. Gammygolfgti sat night
6. chester
7. andy 2540??

Club stand
1. Lawsy
2. Dubboy
3. EW sunday only
4. Gammygolfgti sunday only
5. chester
6. andy 2540

Back to the top

chester said

Greetings All.

Am new to this but will be travelling up to VW Action so happy to join in. I love a beer and love my food and luckily do not snore!! Be good to meet up with some fellow MK1'ers!!

where you coming up from mate?

Back to the top
Deepest Darkest Kent but will be flying in from Spain on the Friday and do not land till half 7 so will be putting up a tent in the pitch black!!

Back to the top
im ace at putting tents up in the dark so no problems there mrs bens_cab will be coming along

just need to pester a couple of others to join the camping again this year

just a side note would it be in the clubs interests to advertise the club on mine and pauls cars for the saturday night demo run ? i was thinking some kind of screen sticker and from what i can see on the running list we will be the only golfs running :lol:

Back to the top
I will be there both days as my partner is away for the weekend. I just need to know what to do about tickets and when I need to be there. Friday night or early on Saturday?

Shall i order tickets in advance or does the club have a number available??

Lawsy said

andy2540 said

Count me in for the club stand and maybe camping.

|What do I need to do?

andy, just let me know what days your coming on.. the stand if we get enough will be on both days, camping is club camping so nearer althe attractions

chester, you'll fit right in then, beer/food and chat is what I'm about..

Looking good now guys

If we get enough peeps then the club stand will go ahead, club camping is defo on tho. I've got to confirm this week so come on, keep pestering and get some more

update so far

camping

1. Lawsy & Mrs Lawsy
2. Bens Cab
3. Paul C
4. Dubboy
5. Gammygolfgti sat night
6. chester
7. andy 2540??

Club stand
1. Lawsy
2. Dubboy
3. EW sunday only
4. Gammygolfgti sunday only
5. chester
6. andy 2540

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Got any room for me on the Stand probably be there Saturday and a bit of Sunday too

Back to the top
golfsrule, yes mate, I'll be organising a stand now for defo, it will be a first come, first served basis but have no asked for display area big enough for 10 cars, mine will be on the club stand all day saturday/overnight and all day sunday.

Have also aksed for large club camping area, mainly for Rajans trailer and my trailer tent..  

Excellent

andy, sorry mate, when it comes to buying tickets its everyman for themselves the club doesnt get any, i booked mine on line, its really easy and they just need a print out of a unique number to gain entrance so no waiting for post etc either

Friday evenin or saturday morning is superb. we got to show these air cooled guys what the mk1 is made of.

Ben i love the idea of advertising the club, not sure what would work best, vinyl sticker sin the windows works, but messy, but TBH for those watching, seeing 2 mk1's fly down the track, in hopefuly both around 14secs then great, then that should generate things too. Lets chat saturday about it..

I'm looking forward to this weekend now

Rajan, will you have the club banners/flags etc or shall i sort with Ant for them?

Back to the top
Cool, I've booked my tickets.

So if I get there friday afternoon I can expect to get my car on the club stand or just in the camping area?

I'm new to this so please be patient with me. Its years since I had a car on show at a show.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Rajan, will you have the club banners/flags etc or shall i sort with Ant for them?

I will bring the banner, flag and gazebo.

If any peeps want our new Tshirts, polos, mugs, grille badges, stickers, lanyards let me know by PM and I can bring with me. I haven't had time to get pics up yet but on my to-do list! Any question please ask.

Banner

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Have also aksed for large club camping area, mainly for Rajans trailer and my trailer tent..  

I'll be towing + big non-VW too, last year we had plenty of space though.

Back to the top

andy2540 said

Cool, I've booked my tickets.

So if I get there friday afternoon I can expect to get my car on the club stand or just in the camping area?

I'm new to this so please be patient with me. Its years since I had a car on show at a show.

yes mate, car should be good to get on the stand, no worries there at all

Back to the top
Sorry guys I've ignored a lot of this cause I was off down Newquay to do some surfing on the Friday, but it turns out I'm not leaving till the Sunday night, unforunatly I wont have the golf, but I will have the camper and I know a few peeps who might be heading down.

Anyone know how much tikcets cost for camping fri + sat and if there's any available.

Si

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
si, if i remember right, its ?30 for weekend tickets inc camping etc.. book online and its all done via email etc..

No worries mate about not being in the mk1.. I wasnt at billing

As to numbers, justhad email back form Brian Burrows, Paul,Ben, not said anytihng about the saturday night so hopefuly your other link has worked. But as to numbers, club stand if ok regardless, but camping could be a squeeze. so ideally they'd like all cars on the stand to be left on the stand over night (understandable if no one wants to) to free up a little more room on campsite, I've to give idea of defo numbers by the 22nd then he'll ensure we not only get a good spot but a big enough one

Back to the top

Lawsy said

si, if i remember right, its ?30 for weekend tickets inc camping etc.. book online and its all done via email etc..

No worries mate about not being in the mk1.. I wasnt at billing

Cheers Steve but is that per person or per vehicle, cause I might fill the camper.

Follow us on:

Banner

Back to the top
Lawsy, welcome to the trailer tent club, when did you get yours and has Freddy been sold :(

I will be meeting Rajan next week to give him the flag, but otherwise he has my gazebo and club banner.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
VW Action

its all there mate, i think its per person tho.. the more the merrier i say

Back to the top

ant5 said

Lawsy, welcome to the trailer tent club, when did you get yours and has Freddy been sold :(

I will be meeting Rajan next week to give him the flag, but otherwise he has my gazebo and club banner.

nice one mate

Nope freddy hasnt sold yet, he's on ebay with nearly 100 watchers  8O , got the trailer tent this week, not opened it yet, but seems similar size to yours, so dunno how the little 1.3 will cope. should be ok as it weighs about 300kgs..
Just hope i can get tow bar sorted in time..

Back to the top

Lawsy said

VW Action

its all there mate, i think its per person tho.. the more the merrier i say

I'll see if I can afford it then, cause 2 weeks in Newquay is a lot more expensive than it looks!

Would be good to see you all again though!

Follow us on:

Banner

Back to the top
i thought the cost  was per car last year at  the gate :dontknow:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.