Skip navigation

Ultimate Dubs 2012 - Come and see us at our club stand

Back to the top

Ultimate Dubs 2012 - Come and see us at our club stand

It might seem an age away, but Ultimate Dubs 2012 will be our first major event this year :cheer:

Sunday 11th March 2012 - The International Centre, Telford

We have an indoor stand with 5 cars.

Confirmed members on the stand-

89clipper

Black79Dub

mk1dcky

golf1980

CabrioAnna

Reserves-
mbuzz490

Cheers,

Anna

Things you should know-

All Indoor Club Vehicles must be in the halls between 9.00am and 7.00pm on Saturday 10th March, ready for the Main Show Day on Sunday 11th March and all vehicles must remain in the halls until 5.00pm Sunday 11th March.

All Indoor Club Vehicles in the halls are to have minimum of fuel within the tank (red line) due to Fire Regulations.

Accomodation is available, but this would have to be booked and paid for at your expense.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

Re: Ultimate Dubs 2012 - modified cars wanted for club stand

CabrioAnna said

It might seem an age away, but Ultimate Dubs 2012 will be our first major event next year :cheer.

Doesn't give us much time and anyway isn't dubfreeze the traditional show season opener…? That's on 19th of Feb a full month earlier!

Never mind, we've probably missed this one anyway and things are looking tight enough for UD2012 as it it.

Come on guys, someone must be brave enough to get their show MK1 out and brave the last of the rock salt.

T :D

Back to the top

Tian said

Doesn't give us much time and anyway isn't dubfreeze the traditional show season opener…? That's on 19th of Feb a full month earlier!

Never mind, we've probably missed this one anyway and things are looking tight enough for UD2012 as it it.T :D

DubFreeze is more air cooled

Ultimate Dubs is all about the water cooled scene

We are determined not to let this pass in 2012 so come on, all with mortified - sorry, sorry - MODIFIED cars, are you up for it?
Previous comments about the standard cars always getting first dibs have been noted so this is your chance.

Back to the top
i'm hoping to have mine done by then but not entirely sure yet.

fingers crossed

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Dano said

Tian said

Never mind, we've probably missed this one anyway and things are looking tight enough for UD2012 as it it.T :D

DubFreeze is more air cooled

Ultimate Dubs is all about the water cooled scene

We are determined not to let this pass in 2012 so come on, all with mortified - sorry, sorry - MODIFIED cars, are you up for it?
Previous comments about the standard cars always getting first dibs have been noted so this is your chance.

Plenty H20 lovers dig the aircooled stuff mate, Anna for a start :lol:  and if they didn't then we would never of been forced to move the AGM!  :cry:

There's plenty of both at Dubfreeze and it is regarded as being opening event.

Nuff said.

Anyway you've always been very vocal about us never having an inside stand at UD so here's your chance.

It's not my business but if I were on the committee (which I'm not) and if I were organising UD (which I'm not) then instead of waiting for cars to come to me, I'd be out there checking past winners from the AGMs, and the fave pic thread and tapping people up! Got to be proactive mate.

I hope this isn't too off-topic, just trying to help.

T :P

Back to the top
We weren't forced, we made a decision using a number of factors.

Yes I have.

No you're not.

No you're not.

And how do you know they aren't?

Keep pulling your pud because at the moment nothing is making you happy. As we've said before, if you aren't happy with what's going on - step up and help those who are doing their best…. My hands are clasped together to give you a bunk up if you need it!

Back to the top
You can't really compare Dubfreeze with Bug Jam. Both air cooled biased, but one is in the winter and one is at possibly the largest venue, bang in the middle of summer, and offers drag racing and the widest range of other attractions, thus making it the year's biggest show and also has some appeal for non-aircooled cars (and not just VW either).

Back to the top

Dano said

We weren't forced, we made a decision using a number of factors.

Yes I have.

No you're not.

No you're not.

And how do you know they aren't?

Keep pulling your pud because at the moment nothing is making you happy. As we've said before, if you aren't happy with what's going on - step up and help those who are doing their best…. My hands are clasped together to give you a bunk up if you need it!

My 'pud' I don't know what that means mate. :)

Anyway I'm happy and wouldn't dream of changing a thing. Perhaps 'forced' was a poor choice of words but it's true to say that the move was not through direct free will, there was an outside influence.

Anyway, nothing wrong with devils advocate to keep us all honest and it's nice being followed around by you and Andy, makes me feel loved.

T :D

Back to the top
Devils advocate or another phrase for nagging people off? It wears thin after a while.

I don't do hand holding.

Back to the top
I wish  individuals would stop bitching on threads, this thread is for people to put their cars forward for UD and not for airing dirty washing.

The amount of threads I go to and get the same negativity is completely off putting for someone who is looking in from the outside.

I dont know what the underlying issues are and actually dont care about them as I come on here nearly every day for the crack and great help that I receive to educate myself in all things mk1.

Chris

Back to the top
You're right, I was just trying to help.

T :dontknow:

Back to the top
Anna, are you sure you only want modified cars and to what extent. I would like to show my 83 gti tintop which will
be finished by then but the only mods on the car are a slightly larger exhaust drilled and groved disks, engine has been
rebuilt and bored out to 1870cc and the bottom end fully ballanced but you wouldent know this just by looking.otherwise
she will look standard.

Back to the top

andy-b said

Anna, are you sure you only want modified cars and to what extent. I would like to show my 83 gti tintop which will
be finished by then but the only mods on the car are a slightly larger exhaust drilled and groved disks, engine has been
rebuilt and bored out to 1870cc and the bottom end fully ballanced but you wouldent know this just by looking.otherwise
she will look standard.
Hi, Well I was going to give the modified crew a chance to display, as this show is more aimed at that sort of car, but if your willing to show your car then lets see your pics :D  My car might end up on the stand too at this rate! Thanks Ax

Banner

Back to the top
Myself and my dad, mk1dcky, would like to represent the club at next years UD, we have already applied to the organisers of the show to display our cars but after reading this post, we would like them to be on the club stand! If we are able to have places then I will contact the organisers again and explain to them that we are now on a club stand.

Some pics below of the cars, hopefully you will recognise them from last years AGM and summer shows…..!

Back to the top

Black79Dub said

Myself and my dad, mk1dcky, would like to represent the club at next years UD, we have already applied to the organisers of the show to display our cars but after reading this post, we would like them to be on the club stand! If we are able to have places then I will contact the organisers again and explain to them that we are now on a club stand.

Some pics below of the cars, hopefully you will recognise them from last years AGM and summer shows…..!
That would be brilliant,thanks. Yeah, I recognise the cars! I will start a
 list of those who will be on the stand. If you could email me a couple of pics of both cars to events vwgolfmk1 .org.uk :D

Well that's 4 confirmed for the stand then 1 more space left,
Andy-b if you defo up for showing your car, post a pic and we're done!
89clipper also confirmed.

Banner

Back to the top
Hers some pics of the standard i am working to. Non of whole car yet as doors,wings ect to build up but she will be ready.

Cheers Andy

Back to the top
Looks amazing mate, nice one.

T

Back to the top
Doing very well on this Anna !!!

And everyone who has offered support and the willingness to show their pride for the club, hats off gents, well done. Support for the new show season is brilliant !!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
let me know if you want something a bit different :)

Back to the top
True enough Dave, this is working out just as I hoped it would!

pirelli said

let me know if you want something a bit different :)

And we would have to get crowd control with your car on the stand mate so I say get the pictures up and we'd be mad not to make space for you!

T :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.