Skip navigation

GTI Spring Festival - Santa Pod Raceway Sunday April 13th 20

Back to the top

GTI Spring Festival - Santa Pod Raceway Sunday April 13th 20

Good turn out and a great day out despite the running repairs. Crazyquiff might be able to send out a new alternator to you quickly Dave.

Nice to put faces to names and see Paul getting some good times on the sprint - very impressive!

Finally got the 16S out there, so a milestone for me.

Banner

Back to the top
I was there with the DubClique guys, dony know if anyone spotted me…i was in the laod lugger  :oops:

me and bexs got a few good shots of the mk1 stand, i was drooling a little over the 16s  :oops:  we would have said hi, but had no idea who was who  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
I had a great time and was nice to meet  you guys.  Next time I 'll try and hang around longer as well as bring a full toolkit!!!  I think it may have to live in the Golf for a few months until it's covered a a thousand miles or so to prove to me it won't break every time i take it out!!   :banghead:
Thanks to all who helped get it running again and next time I promise I won't have the dirtiest car on the stand!  It was so dirty someone used the roof to write down a phone number!!

Anyone have any idea what was in the Jetta than ran high 10's?  Scary quick…

Back to the top
I didn't get to do much last night, once I'd got home and got my Sunday dinner back out of the dog  :) , then loaded up the photos, I was pretty whacked for the day.

So thought I'd say well done Ant & Clare for organising the stand  :clap: , sorry I didn't get to mention the supercharger until it was sold  :tlc: . DaveDub even though things didn't go to plan yesterday, it was so good to see the help you got from everyone yesterday, and you drew a crowd as soon as she went up on the 'axle' stand  :mrgreen: .  Even though there wasn't a full days racing to be had, the day went so quickly really enjoyed myself  :y:

Oh and for those of us that watched the racing late on and saw the Golf that died just short of the finish line, Dave and myself bumped into him at the services while waiting for the RAC….the car was fine, it blew a fuse so borrowed one from his indicators to get it going again (kind RAC man gave him a few spares)

Back to the top
looks like i missed a good show. hopefully back on the road for all types

Back to the top

GTI Spring Festival

Hi all !! Couldn't get the car down to the owners club area, something going on both times i tried   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

My tyres are officially rubbish ! lol !! No grip at all.
We broke down on the M1 after the most mahoooosive bird decided to commit suicide by flying straight into the car, smashing the grille and flattening the raditor  :banghead:  

Lost all the water but some guy in a polo stopped and he had some, what a star  :D    :D     Shorted the fan out so it ran all the time, and bodged the damage to get home. A most excellent adventure !!!!!!

Thanks to the guy who opened up his bonnet ( black 16v x reg ) to let me see if my 16v is built the same. Mine 1.8 think he's 2.0 .

Can't wait for the next outing, hope to get a bit more involved next time, see you all then. Stu

Back to the top

Re: GTI Spring Festival

sparkstu said

We broke down on the M1 after the most mahoooosive bird decided to commit suicide by flying straight into the car, smashing the grille and flattening the raditor  :banghead:  

Thanks to the guy who opened up his bonnet ( black 16v x reg ) to let me see if my 16v is built the same. Mine 1.8 think he's 2.0 .

Ouch!  kamikaze birds  8O , at least no terminal damage.

PaulC opened his bonnet for you, another face to a name  :) .

Back to the top
Hello All,

A HUUUGGGE thankyou to all that attended.
You made the stand a great success…
and a great representation of the Mk1.

I think we said hello to almost everyone,
apologies if I missed you…

Finally got some 15s runs in which made my day,
but missed that damn supercharger…
and yes Claire now has an obsession with 'underscores' and a white blackboard marker and not horseshoes!!

Here are some pics.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
got my mk1 back today woohoo!
the garage phoned me on monday and said instead of them bringing my golf all the way up from northampton on a lorry and picking the polo up, could they fit a brand new alternator in it completely for free and all i had to do was drive the polo they lent me down and pick the golf up!
so i said no probs saves me a job! it turned out the alternator wasnt a vw one it was off an early audi! and the bloke that originaly fitted it had welded one of the screws on! so they had to cut it off and then realised it had also been modified to fit, with chunks cut out of it so it didnt foul the carbs!
i bet they regretted sayin theyd do it for free now lol!
but all in all what amazin service if anyone needs a garage when theyre next at the pod the garage is called parker fry's top bunch of lads!
nackerd now tho, left at 5.30 this mornin and got back at 2pm ready for work at 2.45!

Back to the top
Pleased for you Dave  :) , sounds like you got a very good deal there, mind you, bet they didn't fancy running up to your gaffe either :) . So are all your problems  now resolved then??

Back to the top
can you add me to the stand please h12dub mk1 cabrio
thanks

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Pleased for you Dave  :) , sounds like you got a very good deal there, mind you, bet they didn't fancy running up to your gaffe either :) . So are all your problems  now resolved then??

yea dude it even starts when the engines warm and everythin lol! must have been something to do with the faulty alternator. saves having to bump start it at petrol stations!! still on the search for a mk1 caddy pickup daily if anyone knows of any going. dont want to spend more than a grand and it must be a diesel - veg oil all the way!

Back to the top

kellay said

can you add me to the stand please h12dub mk1 cabrio
thanks

This show happened last Sunday, bit late, do you mean Stanford Hall?

Back to the top
ya i did sorry oops

Back to the top
Is the stand open to club members only??
Would like to stick the clipper on a stand as it will be fresh out of the body shop soon!

Rich

89' GTI Cabrio Clipper

07' Astra Xpac 150 CDTI

Various Vans

Back to the top

Richy8v said

Is the stand open to club members only??
Would like to stick the clipper on a stand as it will be fresh out of the body shop soon!

Rich

This is the thread for the 2008 show. You want to find the thread for the 2009, I think its a stickly.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.