Skip navigation

GTI Spring Fest-Santa Pod-Sun 3rd April ***NOW 9AM***

Back to the top

GTI Spring Fest-Santa Pod-Sun 3rd April ***NOW 9AM***

are kids free ?

www.archwayvaleting.co.uk

Back to the top
sebs

what is the hotel your staying in mate? how much was it a night?  you going up on your own?

ive just realised its a 3 hour drive for me as well so thinking about going up the night before as well, 3 hours is a long drive in the cabby ! + i can get my bucket out in the morning and give it a clean :-)

let me know, if i do that more than happy to go out for munch and a beer or two if you wanted on the evening?

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Is there anybody coming from suffolk .? I need a big favour ?  Cheers

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

richyhill said

sebs

what is the hotel your staying in mate? how much was it a night?  you going up on your own?

ive just realised its a 3 hour drive for me as well so thinking about going up the night before as well, 3 hours is a long drive in the cabby ! + i can get my bucket out in the morning and give it a clean :-)

let me know, if i do that more than happy to go out for munch and a beer or two if you wanted on the evening?

Cheers

Rich

maybe share a twin room  :dontknow: … keep costs right down but if one of you snores it'll be a nightmare lol !!  Here is a link to the Holiday Inn Express webpage for Northampton.  Stayed here before it's got a Harvester next door.  Northampton Holiday Inn Express

Not sure of kids go free.  Call them or I can for ya…. their details are:-

Santa Pod Raceway
Airfield Road
Podington
Wellingborough
Northants
NN29 7XA
England

Tel: 01234 782828, International Tel. +44 1234 782828
Fax: 01234 782818, International Fax: +44 1234 782818

Back to the top

santa pod

I am probably going to said day, what time does it start and do you meet at j15…if so what time ish…

mk1 owner…. :lol:

Back to the top

*************** Nearly there now *************

cant wait for next sunday

Intended to drop another engine in today that ive just rebuilt but had a sleepless night worrying that i might run into a problem and not be able to solve it before sunday
So this morning i stood in front of the car,bonnet up just looking at it undecisive and an hour or so and a few cups of tea later i became a coward and talked myself out of it……..still at least i wont miss sunday and i can always hum along to the noise of the tappets

DONT FORGET YOUR CLOCKS TONIGHT

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I know what you mean, I have a TDI engine for the oil burner but decided not to start that until I get the MOT sorted on the 16v, same as you I'm more worried about something not going to plan and ending up without a mk1 for next Sunday,,,,,but I'm really itching to get on with it  8)  8)

Back to the top
hi rich sorry for the late reply, ye we are leaving cardiff at 4-5 in the afternoon we can meet up with you on the way if you like i think the hotel was about 35 - 40 squid each i think. and yes a few beers in the night and some munch. also spud posted a pic of the map were the hotel is on page 6 of this topic
o ye and the hotel is the holiday in.
ta sebs

Back to the top
cool cheers sebs, i will let you know what im doing as may just leave at 6.30 in the morning lol

gona be a good one!,

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
c-h-e-c-k… o-u-t…. t-h–e……… w-e-a-t-h-e-r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please stay this good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Sunday ladies and gents….. just 6 sleeps until we hit Santa-Pod in a convoy and have members running the drag strip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  COME ON HURRY UP SUNDAY!!!!!!!!

Back to the top
Lol, spudfingers, you love it!
Can't wait myself actually :-)

2007 Passat 2.0 Sport Estate TDI 170PS (The Bus) 2004 Golf FSI 1.6 (The Wifes) 1988 MK1 Golf Gti Cabriolet (The FUN!)

Back to the top

j-man said

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA JellyBelly has to reign me in as sometimes I near wet my briefs lol ….. just love being around the old mk1's, meeting people etc… all the better at Santa-Pod because of the drag strip… really good seeing people walking around your cars too!!

Anyone got club calling cards?  I can try and get a table or something to put calling cards on…. maybe AGM leaflets too if you have some Gammy?

Back to the top

2007 Passat 2.0 Sport Estate TDI 170PS (The Bus) 2004 Golf FSI 1.6 (The Wifes) 1988 MK1 Golf Gti Cabriolet (The FUN!)

Back to the top

j-man said

You posted that twice…. does that mean you can't wait twice as much as normal ?!?!?  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Oops, done a double post!
I hear the weather is supposed to be picking up at the weekend again too! Good news for us cabby owners!
Bring on the trumpets! Lol

Back to the top

j-man said

Oops, done a double post!
I hear the weather is supposed to be picking up at the weekend again too! Good news for us cabby owners!
Bring on the trumpets! Lol

DOOOBIDDY-DO-BE-DOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
spud, can you pm me your mobile number, prob gona come up on the sunday morning, gona leave 6.30 so should be at the meeting point for 9.30, but just in case i get delayed / lost i can give you a bell

looking forward to my first outing this year, and after being sorn for 6 months the golfs gona have a nice 320 mile round trip warm up :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
pm'd Everyone on the list apart from those who already have it JellyBelly, Bruce, Chelle, sebs (sent the other day).

Known you for a while on here Richy so be good to see you in person bud.

Back to the top
ladies and gents

if its alright with gammy

i'll bring the stove for a selection of food :)

on the menu will be

bacon cobs
sausage cobs
bacon and sausage cobs
might even stretch to and egg :lol:

let me know how manys coming and i shall cook for all :)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

ladies and gents

if its alright with gammy

i'll bring the stove for a selection of food :)

on the menu will be

bacon cobs
sausage cobs
bacon and sausage cobs
might even stretch to and egg :lol:

let me know how manys coming and i shall cook for all :)

You are a legend!!!!  Do you want me to bring some grub and rolls too mate?  bagsy a well done bacon and sausage!!!!  Will they let you bring it in?  food can be a bit expensive at places like this… what you charging  :wink:  :mrgreen:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.