Skip navigation

GTI International 2012 -23/24 June Bruntingthorpe, Leicester

Back to the top

GTI International 2012 -23/24 June Bruntingthorpe, Leicester

I've not really done much with the forum or any but have just got my Mk1 G60 finished and ready for GTI International. I'm camping for the weekend and have sprint runs booked up. Will come over an say hello and maybe get to know a few! Hope the weathers settled for us! See you there, Tom

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Wow Anna, was going to ask if you wanted to meet up on route !!
Will be aiming to get there for 9 !!

If it is anything like last year the queues to get in are not very long because of the camping.

I have a sprint pass as well as a club stand pass so if we have an efficient Marshall, we can always shuffle them around !!

I know it's a bit early, will depend on the weather to be honest. if I'm going to be later, I will text you

My car needs super cleaning, but not had the chance, the good news is I'm now Weber powered :D

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

whinesallday said

I've not really done much with the forum or any but have just got my Mk1 G60 finished and ready for GTI International. I'm camping for the weekend and have sprint runs booked up. Will come over an say hello and maybe get to know a few! Hope the weathers settled for us! See you there, Tom

That would be great Tom, defo come and say hello. Fingers crossed for the weather :)

Banner

Back to the top
Dropped the Van off tonight but I won't be attending till Sunday, it's in the care of Richard on the Crazy Quiffs stand, the weather was not nice down there earlier, windy as hell, fingers crossed for Sunday.

Back to the top
Hi all,

After watching the weather forecast on and off today,i think i will have a trip down tomo.As it looks like this is going to be the better of the two days  :dontknow:. Hope things improve for you all on Sunday!!

Was looking forward to meeting up with you all too.Hopefully at Stanford hall…Fingers crossed.

Is anyone from the Derby area going down tomo?Could meet up down there or maybe a bit of a convoy?

Cheers
Andy

Back to the top

Andis3 said

Hi all,

After watching the weather forecast on and off today,i think i will have a trip down tomo.As it looks like this is going to be the better of the two days  :dontknow:. Hope things improve for you all on Sunday!!

Was looking forward to meeting up with you all too.Hopefully at Stanford hall…Fingers crossed.

Is anyone from the Derby area going down tomo?Could meet up down there or maybe a bit of a convoy?

Cheers
Andy

Yeah, hope Sunday is OK, fed up of getting wet at shows!

If you do decide to come Sunday, I will be travelling down A50 past Derby if you want to meet up.

Banner

Back to the top
Bit late in the day, but got tickets ages ago so think I'm coming

Back to the top

Leonvx said

Bit late in the day, but got tickets ages ago so think I'm coming
That's great, If your coming in the MK1, there's space on then stand for you tomorrow, just tell them on the gate.

Banner

Back to the top
Hi,

Have not been to inters for about 10 years but planning on coming up tomorrow. Just wondering if there is still place on the club stand ?

BigMoose

Back to the top

BigMoose said

Hi,

Have not been to inters for about 10 years but planning on coming up tomorrow. Just wondering if there is still place on the club stand ?

BigMoose

Yeah, room for you :D
Normally paid members only, but as stands not full, your very welcome, just tell them on the gate.

Come and join the fun!

Banner

Back to the top

Gti International

CabrioAnna said

Andis3 said

Hi all,

Cheers
Andy

Yeah, hope Sunday is OK, fed up of getting wet at shows!

If you do decide to come Sunday, I will be travelling down A50 past Derby if you want to meet up.

Anna,

Decided to go today but didn't actually arrive until 12 noon,after sorting the kids out!!!

It was very windy,but plenty going on with the strip action(some rapid cars),the MX bikes,BMX action,S & S and plenty of stands to look round too.

Hope the weather holds and the rain stays away for you all tomo,have a good day  :D

Andy

Back to the top
Setting off now.

9.30 arrival ish, if we don't stop for breakfast!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
We are here! 3 of us so far, will be 4 with Dano. Come and find us if your here, plenty of space on the stand. Windy but not raining at the moment:)

Banner

Back to the top
Anybody see what happened this afternoon ? I was in the sprint queue and a young lad said that there had been a crash !! Next I saw the air ambulance coming down !!  Hope the people are all ok !

Ad.

Back to the top
I was told that a Seat Leon was halfway down the strip when it's snap off steering wheel came off and the car veered off left into the crowd towards the autojumble injuring 3 people. They announced that Air ambluance took one, land ambulance took another and one was walking wounded. Injured people stable.
Scary moment for everyone, especially as we had all been standing watching Ade there a couple of hours before.

Banner

Back to the top
Wow !! just put me off buying a snap off now  :|

Back to the top
It is frightening what can happen - just hope all concerned make a full recovery.

Before that happened I had some fun on the strip, well it was a bit frustrating and my bonnet poped to the second catch on two runs and I faffed gears on all but the last one.
Was being careful with her today with the German road trip coming up, so no wheel spins off the line !!

I have bought a Hero 2 by GoPro for the German trip, thought I would give it a test run today:
Very impressed with the quality, considering the vibration.

Sharon took these from the sprint track side, firstly the fastest Golf of the day, Mk1 of course !!

And my best run from the outside:

And some pics from the day :-)
GTI International 2012

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Let's hope the innocent bystanders are OK. 8O

Unless you happen to drive an F1 car why the feck would you want a snap off steering wheel!  :roll:

The only valid excuse I can think of is if you are really fat and have to dismantle your car to get in and out :lol:  

Wonder if it'll put the end to the sprinting at future shows?

Least with Santapod you have armco able to handle 250+mph accidents.

Back to the top

Yomp said

Let's hope the innocent bystanders are OK. 8O

Unless you happen to drive an F1 car why the daffodil would you want a snap off steering wheel!  :roll:

The only valid excuse I can think of is if you are really fat and have to dismantle your car to get in and out :lol:  

Wonder if it'll put the end to the sprinting at future shows?

Least with Santapod you have armco able to handle 250+mph accidents.

The Leon was a racecar so would explain the quick release wheel.

& yes I could see Inter's not having a 1/4 mile next year :(

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
That would be a shame and would put a lot of people off going.

Perhaps it is time that Inters moved to a location that has a dedicated 1/4 mile - perhaps Santa Pod should be considered?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.