Skip navigation

GTI International 2006 Club Stand

Will you be on our club stand?

Yes {-} [29 votes]
No {-} [7 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

GTI International 2006 Club Stand

Dano said

(DaveM, you have a lot to answer for on this one by making me think twice!!!).

Go on you know it will be worth it and it will get the numbers up.

Stop thinking - JUST DO IT

Dave

Back to the top
U.N. discussions held with Mrs Dano this morning (while waiting for the RAC to come out for the Nissan X-Trail  :oops: ).

She deceed that I am allowed to 'play out' on Sunday. So now all I have to do is find some cash!

Back to the top
pm sent to hairy

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Looks like i'm on the Dirty$outh club stand on Sunday, but will come and say hi!

please ignore the dents  :roll:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
OK, current update of attendees (thanks for coming back to me chaps! :wink: )

Saturday         

chudd - Stand Captain for the day :D          
MalC            
DaveM            
James28
Tom            
Toms mate!         
mk1_g40
jocyjump
DubPartz
Philthy
simon
allen
hawkesybaby
richyrich
volkswarren

Sunday
ew
Mr_GTI
dojodubber
jimbo16v
jimbo16v?s mate
jimbo16v?s mate #2
mk1_g40
Me!
jocyjump?
boogaloo
volkswarren
paul_c
joelgti

Looks like we'll have a good turn out. I've put a load more passes in the post tonight so expect em soon!

RICHYRICH - I NEED YOUR ADDRESS PLEASE! :lol:

I've now only got 5 passes left for Saturday and 5 for Sunday if fizzy is coming? (should be 6, have I posted somone 2 by accident?)

Passes are being sent with map and directions, opening times and the rules but summary is as follows;

1. We should have access from 8am - ideally need to be on club space by 9am
2. NO BBQ's, Fires etc. (however small!)
3. No aclohol or loud music
4. No trade or autojumble from the club stand. However, I'm sure many of us have a few bits we want to sell so leave them in your boot please and feel free to put a small sign in your window. We must adhere to this as we're not paying for trade space!
5. If you're doing sprint or tyre test you can still be on club stand - just be careful driving off (Only run over non-members :wink: )
6. Have a top weekend!!

I can't make the Saturday so most of the info/eye candy (I don't mean me!) will only be on stand on Sunday - sorry for this but club banner will be present all weekend :wink:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Andy,

I've made a decision…. I'll be attending after all.

Its my first 'Inters', so be gentle people!!

Can you send pass please?

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

I can't make the Saturday so most of the info/eye candy (I don't mean me!) will only be on stand on Sunday - sorry for this but club banner will be present all weekend :wink:

Cheers
Andy

I'm really looking fwd to it. Pity you won't be there on the Saturday Andy but we shall take our orders from Captain (Deputy?) Chudd.

DubPartz

Back to the top
Nice one Dan! I'm an Inters virgin too so you're not alone!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
OK, update!

4 passes left now for each day.

You really need to let me know tomorrow latest if you're going to get the pass in time but think after today you may struggle to get one for Saturday as I will not be able to post until tomorrow night.

Keep me post though :wink:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Now 4 left for Saturday and 2 left for Sunday!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Would the volunteer who will look after anything till Sunday for passing on to Andy [Club Banner etc] please come forward and identify your self   :D
I might need to find you so a Pm with mobile would help

Thanks
 Chudd………..

Back to the top
Okay, is it worth the NW guys (I'm thinking joelGTI and Dano), who are going on Sunday, meeting up at a service station so we can cruise down in convoy? Of course, those further afield could also aim for this time & place at the services, the more the merrier….

I dunno if I'll be getting up really early to try make it for 9am, or getting there later (if I take a friend, she will no doubt not want to get up too early. So I'll be late).

So I'm just suggesting it for others, at this stage. Somewhere south of M6 J20 for me…

Back to the top
we said we can look after the banner, should be able to look after other stuff as we if needed, vans pretty big.
pm sent with contact details.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Cheers for that, mk1_G40 had offered too so between you I'm sure you'll sort and I'll see you Sunday! 8)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
i dont mind looking after banner, im on camp site too so wont be too far away?

pm me if you want my details

simon

Back to the top
Will be there on sunday but going down in my checkered flaged bonnet mk1 caddy as not finshed brakes on cab.

:twisted:  Dano  :twisted: dont jinx me as broke after leaving the all types

see yer all and stop me for a chat

Back to the top
I'm glad to report the NW Massive are safely there & back, after some high jinx on the way home and also being 'approached' by the police on the way there! Fair enough, 6 VWs parked haphazardly half-on half-off the pavement does look a bit dodgy! There was a particularly mad spell as we joined the M1 for a couple of miles. There were GTIs all over the place, all 3 lanes, no other manufacturer's cars around! And on the way home, we had to make an unscheduled stop on the hard shoulder and 3 of the cars got into the wrong lane at Spagetti junction and did the 'scenic route' nearly through Birmingham.

It was great to see the club stand well attended and meet a few more off the forum. It seems all the people I spoke with today had similar things going on with the restoration or running of their cars.

My highlight has to be seeing a Mk1 Golf go down the strip and achieve 5.36 (I think) 0-60 time. How did it do that and what's under the bonnet????

Back to the top

5.36?

Didn't you see that twin-engine Mk1 that did 2.75 - yes 2.75 - 0-60 on saturday?  8O

Back to the top
Good day out yesterday and I can't believe how much 'clobber' I got in the back of my MK1!

Many thanks to EVERYONE for turning up this weekend and showing a good turn-out of MK1's on our club stand - there was a real good mix of MK1's.

Particular thanks to Dano & DaveM (who I STILL have not met!) for getting the banner there, Chudd for taking the helm on Saturday and provding a great bill-board of info, mk1_g40 for looking after it all over night (tasty car by the way :wink: ) and Dave (boogaloo) for letting me drule all over his lhasa green gti all day!

Thanks again folks! :y:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
There are too many online users to list.