Skip navigation

GTi Fesival _ Sunday 8th of July

Back to the top

GTi Fesival _ Sunday 8th of July

ah yes but how do we know that
a. it is your car with a loaf of bread and not just some random picture from the web
b. that it isn't just a cut off from a tin top roof on a table with a loaf of bread on it
or
c. that wodders is just a figment of everybodies imagination that we all dream his posts and would be having a mass hallucination if he ever did appear

Touch my car …………………. feel my wheels

operor retineo patria parvulus depressus vos

Back to the top
Was good to meet a few people, sorry i wasnt there that much had 15 runs down the strip. got my time down to 14.50 dead not bad for my first time, missed a gear a couple of times  :oops:  i need some more power!

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top

Crazy_Ivan said

Was good to meet a few people, sorry i wasnt there that much had 15 runs down the strip. got my time down to 14.50 dead not bad for my first time, missed a gear a couple of times  :oops:  i need some more power!

Or less creature comforts!

Whoops, giving away my little secrets here!

Back to the top
lmfao

ivan you need to loose the booster seat :lol:

Back to the top

paul_c said

Paul your car was probably only twenty minutes work short of being ready for a bare shell respray  :) , you certainly didn't look like having any comforts left in the girl.

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

paul_c said

Paul your car was probably only twenty minutes work short of being ready for a bare shell respray  :) , you certainly didn't look like having any comforts left in the girl.

Beating an R32 is comforting….

Back to the top
lmao, think i'll strip it next time! porsche seats weigh a ton! wonder how many people noticed the car seat in back? :lol:

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
Me needs some sticky tyres plzzzz
oh n one o them posh qpeng downpipe thingys oh n harder springs n bigger injectors the list goes on  :cry:
Still what a hoot to all those who missed it n the snoring (your gay) :wink:
Nice to meet paul c and i think bens flying brick did brill for 1st time out against thee bogey and all by his own fair hands….the saga continues…………

Back to the top
On a slightly different topic, did anyone else feel the crosswind hit you just as you go past the finish line? I felt my rear end twitching a little bit towards the end of the day, not enough to be a worry, just a little yaw.

Housekeeping issues: ben, can you ask your very lovely bread knife wife, exactly what I'm supposed to do to dry out and clean my tent? I have rolled it out in the lounge, should I put it up outside and wait for a complete sunny day's worth of drying? If you wash it in the machine how do you dry it?

Back to the top
these are the words of the bread knife wife

wipe it down with a wet cloth then errect it and leave it over night in the lounge somewhere :lol:

im on my best behaviour our tents just about to be cleaned i aint sleeping in it again tonight :lol:

Back to the top
Paul
wash it off with soapy water, a gentle power washer or hosepipe with a soft brush.
To dry it out best choices are to hang it up in a garage or over abath for a couple of days.

That's what the scouts always taught me.

Touch my car …………………. feel my wheels

operor retineo patria parvulus depressus vos
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.