Skip navigation

Edition 38 Now With Pictures

Back to the top

Edition 38

Edition 38 Now With Pictures

National meets even!

Back to the top
show was excellent! not much else to say… next year i will be camping!

good to speak to hairy and wellsy, didnt really speak to any1 else, got myself some old bent chrome bumpers which ive spent ll evening straightening with a vice, they look great, the chrome is mint but not sure they suit the car so may have to stick em up u know where and make a killing!

i think all the cars on the mk1 stand were spot on and was well impressed with the white ones ?800 respray…

Back to the top
Cheers mate, how much did the bumpers go for in the end if you dont mind me asking,  :mrgreen:

Darren

Back to the top
lol it was me that was selling them…

bought them from the trader next to me soon as i saw them.. wasnt sure weather to stick em on ebay or put them on my car… just put them with the other stuff i was selling incase sum1 offered me something silly to make a qucik little earner… just finished fitting them to my car 40 mins ago :D got them complete with end caps and brackets for ?170

Back to the top

Re: Edition 38

walt said

Hairyarse….Hang your head in shame!! Where was your car?

Well Mr Walt, :hand:  if you had got your ass out of your deck chair you would have seen it at the opposite end of the row to yours behind the club banner!!

(Had to leave early so u may have missed it! :oops: )

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairys car!

Do you mean that scabby nail at the other end to mine?  8O
Just kidding, I never saw it, you can't have been there long before you mogged off! Good to see you though! We need to get more of us there next time though! Catch you later! :D

Back to the top
Scabby nail is a perfect description to be honest walt!

Yep, wasn't there long, arrived about 11.15am - ended up having to run at about 2pm - the kids mum was being picked up by me at Grantham station about 8pm that night but got phone call that she got earlier train and would be there at 3.20pm - how chuffed was I!! :evil:  (Hence no goodbye kiss for you walt!!)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Darren finds another use for his spanking brush

Banner

Back to the top
thats a fake, photoshop :oops:

Back to the top
The show was spot on cant wait till next year…. :clap:  :clap:

The only problem me and a few of the lads from cgti dorset and the dutch guys was on the friday/saturday morning we had people try to break into our tents we were lucky as we managed to scare them off but the poor dutch guys had some phones and cameras stolen….There is always a few who have to spoil it for everyone else… :(  :(  :(  :(

The Golf club stand was spot on some top cars well down to all who won trophies I was happy as I won on saturday which was totaly unexpectied
the only problem I had was trying to get up the ramp to the stage as I managed to ground out… :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Just a reminder dont forget Castle Combe this Saturday 10th Sept might see a few of you there…..

If everything in life was as good as the MK1

Back to the top
Hi Guys and girls… I've just moved back to uni to start student life again, but as of yet I have no tinterweb :cry: . ( I have not died do not fear!)

Just want to say what an Awesome show. The best show of the year by far.

Well done to all the guys that made it on to the club stand….a round of applause to all that represented. Nice to meet some new faces and see some familiar ones.

Walt…. big thanks to you and your partners in crime for letting me and my student mates devour all his food and beer. :P
Darren…… I thought the brush was for the dog??????
Dubboy…. don't let Daisy rib you…. blue is in this season. :lol:
Andy Whiteley….. man I need to get a 2-tone paint job the chicks were digging it. :mrgreen:
G60rge… saw your car but not you. :(
Blackie…. don't know who you were…. did I meet you.
Kellymk1…. where were you…. ya loser
Hairyarse… nice to see ya there…. how are them speakers?
Nelson…. hoped you got back ok….what a drive

Thinks that?s all. All that needs to be said is that it a must to get the club out on force for next year. See ya there!

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

Hairyarse… nice to see ya there…. how are them speakers?

Sound fantastic - just a shame they dont fit straight in the door pods like the chap said they would :evil:  Gonna need a bit of messing with.

Also now missus is well hacked off with driving the MK1 so looks like it's going shortly :cry:  (Although if it does it means I can buy myself a black one, or will it be lhasa, or…… :lol: )

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
The girls do like a nice 2-tone, thats something ive noticed these last few months.  Its Danny BTW ;)

Back to the top
Sorry Danny :oops: !

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
No probs matey :D

Back to the top
was a top show guys-wot i can remmeber of it  :D …ur stand look very sweeeet  8)

D x

Back to the top

Re: Edition 38

walt said

That is by far the best show I have been to this year! We stayed over on the saturday night, met up with Kins and his mates for a bbq and some beers, then off to the party tent! Great atmosphere, must practise my breakdancing for next year! If anyone is thinking of going next year I can strongly recommend this one as the one not to be missed! Once again I have to say what a smashing set of chaps! Met Daisy for the first time (a real sheep in wolfs clothing!) I publicly take back what I said about the chrome badges on the back and I'm very very sorry….Please don't set your dog on me! While I'm at it can I change the sheep and wolf bit to I don't know something else nice so you don't smash me in!! Cheers Daisy!
Rajan….Stop showing off or I'm going to make it my lifes work to buy up all the mk1's I can get and then I'm gonna set about getting myself ANOTHER 2 friends and then I'm gonna bring more cars than you!! Blackie, good to meet you, no idea where you went, but I hope you got back ok, let us know if you didn't! As for my old mate Kins….Thanks for eating all our food and helping us get rid of all that beer! Hairyarse….Hang your head in shame!! Where was your car? Next year we want a massive turnout! It is shows like this where we should reall be taking over! I am gonna put another thread on this chat forum re Edition 38, please read it and add you comments or thanks as you wish! Thanks again all who turned up!
 :nerd:

and i would be more then happy to see the mk1s takeing over  :D  well lets just say this about the low life scum that were nicking from the show will be sorted next year as ull never know who your going to be camping next two  :wink:  and lets just say not all the secity staff will be wearing e38 high vis vest next year and not all of them are as big as ten men  :D  but if you do see anything but are alittle conserned of what might happen just come and see me or aks any crew member to shout me on the radio ill spk to you with in 5min what ever im doing ill sort it even if its in the middle of the night !!!  you cant miss me im the only male member with nice long blond hair  :wink:  (down shep) lol next year ill be giveing my mobil number out to who ever books the stand so you can get hold of me 24/7  im going to make it a mission to try and stamp this out even if i dont sleep for 3 days theres too much of this going on at every show  i hate it  noddy
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.