Skip navigation

Why aren't you a member

Back to the top

Why aren't you a member

A5OPY said

golf1 said

IMO-the bottom line is that the forum is dying, members are leaving almost daily and the excitement factor on a scale of 1-10 is about 1. I've been a watcher for sometime now and have slowly watched the painful demise of this forum. Its a shame as this site was once, the best of the best. Real characters such as walt, mad4it, dinky etc have departed to new pastures…poor (sick)owners club.
something is puzzling me here you say you have been watching for sometime and feel the club is going nowhere so why did you join just 9 days ago? what was the draw what pulled you in to a club which in your words is dying????

I could answer this question in detail, but I'll let you work it out for yourself, I'm sure you can work it out.

need a bath -offski

Back to the top

golf1 said

I think that Drew should come out of retirement and fix things, because the site IMO was run a lot better. Sorry for the critism but it just had to be said, I've been a watcher for a long time and have only just decided to become a forum user.

i think you find although drew was the the club chairman his imput in the day to day running of the site was limited so i think that statement was a bit low for a NEW member

i think dubboy and the rest of the team do a good job as will pretty much everyone else on the site

Back to the top
I think its great, and without this site I would have given up
on my Golfs a long time ago…

I have always had a sensible reply to any queries regarding
keeping them running, and have bought/sold/ given away a few
parts which would have otherwise been binned, so from my
point of view its worth the money and more.

With a young family, work commitments, houses to look
after and Mrs dibbler tightening the thumb screws (too many cars)
this is sometimes the only place to get a sensible answer
if you are unable to attend a meet / show etc…

Only my humble opinion :wink:

Keep up the good work :cheer:

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top

A5OPY said

golf1 said

IMO-the bottom line is that the forum is dying, members are leaving almost daily and the excitement factor on a scale of 1-10 is about 1. I've been a watcher for sometime now and have slowly watched the painful demise of this forum. Its a shame as this site was once, the best of the best. Real characters such as walt, mad4it, dinky etc have departed to new pastures…poor (sick)owners club.
something is puzzling me here you say you have been watching for sometime and feel the club is going nowhere so why did you join just 9 days ago? what was the draw what pulled you in to a club which in your words is dying????
Hang on I've got it, last night i saw a very bright star in the east, Golf1 couldn't be well you know the saviour of the Mk1 owners club? could this be the true miracle we have been waiting for could this be the 2nd coming? we could struggle to find three wise men,
well it is that time of year. :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

golf1 said

A5OPY said

golf1 said

I could answer this question in detail, but I'll let you work it out for yourself, I'm sure you can work it out.

need a bath -offski
no no no

LOL
rabbit
he's back

Back to the top
as a forum/site and club i dont see the place as "dying"  quite the opposite, thrashing out issues in an inteligent :wink:  constructive way among its paid members and non paying ones alike is only helping to bolster its existence and move forward as i see it.

No one has more "rights" then any other user, in the respect of voicing opinion on something wether its seen by others a "slating" or not :wink: , i do agree that of late there have been multiple "new" members with different user names posting drivle! and stiring but that happens on every car forum

And how many forums would a thread of this length have continued without someone swearing or spitting the dummy? it seems the balnce of non paid and paid members is 1/2 and 1/2 so how do you get the ? off the tight ones then (including me :wink: ) but then i am in whats considered a worthless job and dont get a basic cost of living pay rise this year so can ya blame me :dontknow:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
agreed dummy back in  :lol:  although im not a paid member i did donate a ? in the donation section earlier in the year so i feel good i have that warm fuzzy feeling again

i guess the sad thing is if everyone that signed up on the forum donated ?1 then there would be a lot more money to pay with look after the pennys and all that

Back to the top
i cant understand why anyone using the forum on a regular basis doesnt pay their ?20 and become a member.the guys who run the site do it for altruistic reasons,more cash would surely make their task easier...im waiting for an ear/eye bashing :roll:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Does the club need more money?

Not trying to stir, serious question. It has been mentioned that the club will cease to exist without money etc., just wondering if it is in jeapeordy.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

yradave said

Does the club need more money?

Not trying to stir, serious question. It has been mentioned that the club will cease to exist without money etc., just wondering if it is in jeapeordy.
if it was would you contribute to save it?

Back to the top
edit

Back to the top

A5OPY said

golf1 said

A5OPY said

golf1 said

need a bath -offski
no no no

LOL
rabbit
he's back

???

Back to the top

A5OPY said

we could struggle to find three wise men,
 :D

salright. one wooders will suffice

Back to the top
fun time?

wooders = hairyarse

Back to the top

wooders said

A5OPY said

we could struggle to find three wise men,
 :D

salright. one wooders will suffice
no sorry mate the donkeys position is taken  :lol:

Back to the top

golf1 said

A5OPY said

golf1 said

A5OPY said

golf1 said

need a bath -offski
no no no

LOL
rabbit
he's back

???

dont tell me,your planning a bloodless coup and  ?20 is                        your ticket into the palace?? :dontknow:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
what? front AND rear?

Back to the top

golf1 said

fun time?

wooders = hairyarse
this is seriously controversial stuff Paul
oh please out some more this looks fun
have these 2 never been seen together like Latoya and Micheal Jackson.

Back to the top
you've already seen too much, shame you didn't snap that post.

LOL
paul

Back to the top

golf1 said

you've already seen too much, shame you didn't snap that post.

LOL
paul
should have pm me.

There are too many online users to list.