Skip navigation

Wheels poking out arches.

Back to the top

Wheels poking out arches.

but if theres no reason id hit anyone.

Why bother?

And yes but thats the same for rain youve got to think about the fact you cant go as fast.

And the dog came in, firts car slowed down, then you do cus their break lights are on, if they dont work then your closer to their arse so you do the same.

Meaning no problem….

You didnt hit the dog as you were going at an appropriate speed to do so.

Which is the same for everything if you make sure your staying in the limits of what you can, its jsut the fact that some peoplle dont know any limits.

Back to the top

fulltiimejunglist said

Matching up the speed which the sign sais with the numpers on my dials is easy yes.

But im saying why do i have to do this from 40 - 30 on EXACTALLY the same road with no houses round etc, on a straight road!

As theres NO reason to do so.

So extra effort i have to make for no reason, jsuut so the goverment arnt just robbing your miney with tax, petty but just for general mistakes like missing a 30 sign due to the fact you didnt think you needed to check if the next speed camera was the same as its exactally the same road with no differences so what makes it need a 30 sign, 30 camera, what makes me HAVE to line up the 30 with the 30 on my dials.

OK leaving aside the speed = danger element of the argument (which I don't wholly agree with anyway…..but its a boring topic to argue, its been done to death)…….

If you drive past a speed camera and you're far enough over the speed limit:

You WILL get 3 points and a ?60 fine (or more, if it goes to court)
You WILL have your licence removed from you
You WILL NOT be able to drive a car of any description, yet alone a Mk1, yet alone one with coilovers, fat tyres, etc etc (unless supervised)
You WILL have to take your driving test again
It WILL stunt your liberty
It WILL cost you a lot more money (more lessons, another test fee, the time off work to do this, the massively hiked insurance, etc)

All for - what - 2-3 mins earlier arrival at your destination???

Ask yourself is it worth the money/lack of car issues?

Back to the top
I know this, all your doing is tsaying obvious facts.

Its like i dont smoke bud cus its a drug and drugs are bad, ive never tried it, dont know anything about it, im just agreeing with people i think know better?

Back to the top
A small animal would class you as a threat, making them morew of a danger as they get scared and dont know what to do, as in have you ever driven past a rabbit or badger on the road, especially at night cus of the light, they get dazzeld and dont know were to go, ruunnign out infront of you then getting squashed or stuck in your grill.

But if you saw the rabbit on the side your slow down as you know their may be a chance of it running in front of you.

When i see kids i do the same, i also generally dont go as fast past childern anyway due to teaching them bad ways.

Back to the top
you have just used a double negitive a rabbit is a small animal it will not perceive you as a threat as it may run out infront of you. if you were a threat it would run the otherway. a rabbits first defence mechanisum is to stop. manly because its chief predator can move alot faster then it can.
a child has this same mechanisum till it gets taught otherwise.

Speeding does not kill. driving beyond what the vehicle and the driver can manage does.
edit

whoops i just used one too

i'll put that incontext if you are traveling directly toward a rabbit you are a threat if you are travelling past a rabbit you are not.

Back to the top
All this is obvious.

I totally see what your saying thats why im saying in pooints, im nto saying if that 40 road didnt change to a 30 i wouldnt go threw it at 80, id probs go threw it at like 40, even if there was no camera there and it was 30 to 40 id probs just have stuck at a nice chilled 50 down it or something.

I bet you my laptop, youve broken a speed limit today or yesterday or will do tomorow.

If not then im sorry but youd probably get over taken when it got down to a section of road safe enough.

I would get banned as ive only got 3 points left on my license, till like Feb.

But i wouldnt due to the fact id see the camera.

Your 26 years driving experiense has tought you alot but with my nearly 2 years ive learnt a whole lot and if im out in my car alot more than you then im going to see mroe of these situations occour so i know the risks.

I may not have been situatted in as many problems, situations that danger mayarise form but id generally know what to do when they did happen.

And as someone said erlia about my crash, yes i know that i could have stopped at the give way thats why i said that.

And i didnt get proven guilty i got proven not guilty and got ?250 fine and 3 points.

Thats why i was pissed off, due to the police not writign down all the imformation that was gatherd at the crash.

I have to say i was on my side of the road, i gave her room, she wasnt, she hit me at like 35 i hit her at like 8mph, thats why i got let off.

It wasnt due care and attention as if it was id have received a ban already so i also know what would happen if that was the situation.

Ive already shat myself about the fact i may not have been able to buy my mk1 when i wanted.

The police also took the piss out of my mk2 saying it was a 'shitty' golf.

How offending for myself as it was writen off infront of me.

So i know if i wasnt on the road the crash wouldnt have happend but its the same for her, if it had been any other driver they wouldnt have hit me, i was annoyed they didnt breathalise her she had enough time to move over and carry on home, instead she chose to go head on into me, making me ?250 pound worse off and ive jsut waisted about 3 months on insurance for a car that i can drive cus its a box of metal plus i had to buy the car too.

So tbh, i see it as my loss, about 500 insurance, ?900 car and modifications like lowerd suspension etc and i also got fined, when im a student and pay ?3500 a year for my cause givign me no money at all other than debt really.

So for a little turn of the wheel she could have done, and she also had about 40 seconds to do it, i think it was her fault not mine.

Back to the top
Yea but if you think of the place itd actuaqlly happen, its be on the road or jsut off the road infront of you, so you do whats appropriate….

And double negative mate, think about it, its obv classing you as a threat its blinded by some lights comeing towards it, its going to be scared to death.

So it may react in an unexpected manny, running out infront of you.

Youd give it space to do so….

Back to the top
All this is obvious.

ok im not doing this with qoutes it will take to long

I totally see what your saying thats why im saying in pooints, im nto saying if that 40 road didnt change to a 30 i wouldnt go threw it at 80, id probs go threw it at like 40, even if there was no camera there and it was 30 to 40 id probs just have stuck at a nice chilled 50 down it or something.

50 is not a chilled speed for a road which changes sppeds more than once 30 is a nice chilled speed.

I bet you my laptop, youve broken a speed limit today or yesterday or will do tomorow.

do you want my address to send it to me

If not then im sorry but youd probably get over taken when it got down to a section of road safe enough.

although i would be inside the speed limit you would not overtake me because by the time youve reached the speed limit i'm already gone
(bike remember)

I would get banned as ive only got 3 points left on my license, till like Feb.

doing 50 in a 30 you would 6 points and most likely a summons

But i wouldnt due to the fact id see the camera.

not all cameras are obvious the one you are talking about maybe but may not see the green units in derbyshire or the average speed systems on the m6 which dont have marked cameras.

Your 26 years driving experiense has tought you alot but with my nearly 2 years ive learnt a whole lot and if im out in my car alot more than you then im going to see mroe of these situations occour so i know the risks.

i dont have 26 years of experience i am only 26 i have 10 years of expereince on the road and a whole load of extra training.

I may not have been situatted in as many problems, situations that danger mayarise form but id generally know what to do when they did happen.

you can ot say that till you've been in them

And as someone said erlia about my crash, yes i know that i could have stopped at the give way thats why i said that.

And i didnt get proven guilty i got proven not guilty and got ?250 fine and 3 points.

you may have been proven not guilty but you still got a fine so in the eyes of the law you are guilty
Thats why i was *CENSORED* off, due to the police not writign down all the imformation that was gatherd at the crash.

the police will have taken all details they see fit.

I have to say i was on my side of the road, i gave her room, she wasnt, she hit me at like 35 i hit her at like 8mph, thats why i got let off.

It wasnt due care and attention as if it was id have received a ban already so i also know what would happen if that was the situation.

Ive already shat myself about the fact i may not have been able to buy my mk1 when i wanted.

(watch your language mate)

The police also took the *CENSORED* out of my mk2 saying it was a shitty golf.

How offending for myself as it was writen off infront of me.

So i know if i wasnt on the road the crash wouldnt have happend but its the same for her, if it had been any other driver they wouldnt have hit me, i was annoyed they didnt breathalise her she had enough time to move over and carry on home, instead she chose to go head on into me, making me ?250 pound worse off and ive jsut waisted about 3 months on insurance for a car that i can drive cus its a box of metal plus i had to buy the car too.

So tbh, i see it as my loss, about 500 insurance, ?900 car and modifications like lowerd suspension etc and i also got fined, when im a student and pay ?3500 a year for my cause givign me no money at all other than debt really.

So for a little turn of the wheel she could have done, and she also had about 40 seconds to do it, i think it was her fault not mine.

40 seconds at 30 means you must have been traveling at well above 70 for her not to have seen you before the corner.

Back to the top
im sorry i sacked it off s i gto to the bit were you said which is what the police see appropriate, those are the things that caused the crash, so they should have been included, he said it would be on the report he jsut didnt include it on the report that went to court.

So i had to tell them myself.

Its not like they sat in the car and crahsed with me or the bird.

So i know what im saying about that, sorry i lsot my patience then but tbh, your trying to prove me wrong as much aas you can.

As in, your on a bike and i wouldnt get past you, well basically i would unless you speeded and if you sped id think you wanted a race so id follow, givinmg us both a speeding ticket or you a bigger one.

So… whod be in the wrong there, either you or both of us.

Back to the top
she saw me, she didnt turn, hence me wanting her to be breathalised.

She had ENOUGH time to not hit me i couldnt go into the verge cus that would put me in a position that i could kill the 3 mates that were in the car with me at the time.

So i jsut stayed on my side of the road, like she should have.

And it was a 60 road, i also had very little petty so was going slowly so i could make the most out of what i had, so i was going slowly.

And i im not going to say scared when a swear work explains the exact feeling i was going through, i wasnt offencive and there is no way anyone could get offended by that.

And the cencerd bits are words that primary school children are alowed to use to descrive going to the toilet..

Back to the top
have a good day anyway, going go karting i am to fullfill some driving needs.

Back to the top
sorry bud i'm bored of this now. go enjoy yourself i don't really car
just warn me before you leave birmingham. or get a car.

Back to the top
yawn. i'd rather listen to wogan

Back to the top
don't read it all you'll be asleep. just ask elvis :lol:

now about these modded zimmers i heard mentioned. i'll have one but only if the wheels can stick outside the arches.

Back to the top
i'm not going to mince my words here, you are an absolute prat. i'm glad you're not on the road, and can't afford to drive, you have the completely wrong mentality, a really bad attitude.

keep up with the language, do us a favour. or even better, just leave.

i can't say you'd be missed, you're the spitting image of what's wrong with this country.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

mk1john said

i'm not going to mince my words here, you are an absolute prat. i'm glad you're not on the road, and can't afford to drive, you have the completely wrong mentality, a really bad attitude.

i can't say you'd be missed, you're the spitting image of what's wrong with this country.

Finally someone says what we've all been thinking…

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Back to the top

Lawsy said

mk1john said

Finally someone says what we've all been thinking…

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

cheers Lawsy, i read through all the posts on this topic from today and the things this guy said made me mad.

i think we all need to chip in to get him some toilet roll to wipe round his mouth with.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
i should stay on the fence right now as half the posts on here are from me.
i think our friend here is just young and not experienced enough yet. maybe if he comes back in a few years. hoping he does not write off his next car in a bigger way and end up in either the clink or hospital

Back to the top

novocaine said

i think our friend here is just young and not experienced enough yet. maybe if he comes back in a few years. hoping he does not write off his next car in a bigger way and end up in either the clink or hospital

I know mate, but you, me, and Paul C were trying to instill some sense into him…
I gave up in the end and he's gonna be another one of the statistics..

I dint want to say anyhting, but was hoping Paul, (being a mod) would lock the thread…

Fair play tho John

Back to the top

novocaine said

i'm 18 mate, younger than this guy. he just has the totally wrong attitude

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.