Skip navigation

VW parts re-manufacture for Mk1 Golf

Back to the top

VW parts re-manufacture for Mk1 Golf

allana13 said

Hi Rajan do you know who or which body accesses the sales of parts etc ???

Can we not collectively outsource it to some Chinese co. to mfg it ???

Whilst China can be cheap to manufacture, the quantity you'd have to order would be vast, plus with tooling costs it's just not viable unfortunately :(

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

allana13 said

Hi Rajan do you know who or which body accesses the sales of parts etc ???

Can we not collectively outsource it to some Chinese co. to mfg it ???

do you really want the chinese to make vw parts? the wings would rot in 12 months  :|   :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
You have a point there Bert. best to stick German or British

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

You have a point there Bert. best to stick German or British

:wink:   8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
speaking of chinese made mates, hmm i just want to share some fact with you, couple of years ago,i have visited some of chinese car manufacturer in china, and they were using the same technology (or for some, might even better) dat they were using in germany mate, 8O …so i guess ,we dont have to worries about the quality mate,

there is a misunderstanding about chinese-made products though, yes ,they were crapy products, but it doesn't mean that they can't produce a high quality one..so lets put our prejudices a side mate :D , why dont we take the advantage of it,they do offer us cheaper price, i mean let the chinese made them, as long as we are willing to pay it with the same standard and let the germans hold the quality control section.. :D..i'll bet we would have the same spares only cheaper.. :D

Back to the top

id_shane said

speaking of chinese made mates, hmm i just want to share some fact with you, couple of years ago,i have visited some of chinese car manufacturer in china, and they were using the same technology (or for some, might even better) dat they were using in germany mate, 8O …so i guess ,we dont have to worries about the quality mate,

there is a misunderstanding about chinese-made products though, yes ,they were crapy products, but it doesn't mean that they can't produce a high quality one..so lets put our prejudices a side mate :D , why dont we take the advantage of it,they do offer us cheaper price, i mean let the chinese made them, as long as we are willing to pay it with the same standard and let the germans hold the quality control section.. :D..i'll bet we would have the same spares only cheaper.. :D

oh one more thing..i not taking sides here okey.. :mrgreen: but if i being asked,.i will take the germans  :mrgreen: (this is me being hypocrite  :mrgreen: )

Back to the top
Not about sides mate, i mean most cars of today are made in China anyways, but one has seen their build quality is not that great.

Take for instance the Moped market.

A couple of years ago the market was flooded with Made in china mopeds but now they are not much to be seen as they are crap

VW has a reputation for build quality and all the credit goes to the Germans for it. Had they not invented it …………………..

Coming to parts lets hope the Germans re-mafg the MK1 itself …

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

"id_shane" said

id_shane said

oh one more thing..i not taking sides here okey.. :mrgreen: but if i being asked,.i will take the germans  :mrgreen: (this is me being hypocrite  :mrgreen: )

Back to the top

"foxymk1" said

id_shane said

id_shane said

*sigh* :cry:

Back to the top
Who manufactures the panels now that we get new ??

Any idea foxy ??

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Most things are made in China - Motors for example like Seimens and ABB are all made in China but are 'quality' brands. I've bought machinery out of China and as long as you don't buy cheap (by Chinese standards) you can get quality as good as and in some cases, better than German but you benefit from the low labour costs in China.

That said, as a club we could still never (imo - happy to be proved wrong!) drum up enough interest to re-manufacture.

Tooling would cost tens of thousands of pounds, the only hope would be to secure original tooling from VW for someone to run from, however, you may still find minimum order quantities/costs prohibitive

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Most things are made in China - Motors for example like Seimens and ABB are all made in China but are 'quality' brands. I've bought machinery out of China and as long as you don't buy cheap (by Chinese standards) you can get quality as good as and in some cases, better than German but you benefit from the low labour costs in China.

That said, as a club we could still never (imo - happy to be proved wrong!) drum up enough interest to re-manufacture.

Tooling would cost tens of thousands of pounds, the only hope would be to secure original tooling from VW for someone to run from, however, you may still find minimum order quantities/costs prohibitive

Cheers
Andy

hey..he gets me :D ..cheers andy! :D

Back to the top
VW do the sourcing not us due to the volumes, quality, product liability, etc. The parts are sourced worldwide

Banner

Back to the top
Great stuff! 8) Body panels would be the obvious things we all need...

Back to the top
Qiffs do pannels dont they ???

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Brand new ones? :lol:

Back to the top
Be nice if they did what british leyland heritage did with the mg b/midget and produced some new shells, no problems with current crash legislation etc, but even so were outside my price range.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.