Skip navigation

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

Back to the top

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

HAHA!! WOO

lets see what we can do as a collective :P

i might be calling on a new post for all your "recommendations and views" :P

could i even claim on the fact that i had to buy a new car so i didnt loose my job….

HAHA…. im on a thinking run now… hehe..

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Great news in any event mate.. feel a little wierd saying congrats but eeeerrrrr congrats  :wink:

Shiney new car time me thinks :)

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
lol i know its an odd feeling that something goods gonna come out of a crash… but hey, they admitted fault on the phone… im not going to complain lol..

anyone had any experience with aviva's claim team before???

Back to the top
i've had dealings with claim team before.

i hope you get what you want mixerman but i think 2k is a bit high unless you had an agreed valuation

Banner

Back to the top
get me a picture off mk1 like yours and i'l advertise it for £3,300 on here, go for it big time you got nothing to lose

Back to the top
haha!

well jelly, its not my insurance and any way, theres not many rust free mk1 golfs with 40,000 miles on the clock, running smooth for less than 2k is there???

i would think thats a fair price.. who cares about the colours.. its worth more than that for the mileage and mot isnt it??

Back to the top
i'd push for 3k becuase these are hard to find with gen low mileage etc

Back to the top
we shall see when he comes i suppose lol..

tomorrow night ill be goin through piston heads and this site for sold cars and selling cars.. see what i can dig up.

ill post links when i find out lol :)

Back to the top
like i said get me a pic and i'l post one on here for £3300

they will never know its fake lol

Back to the top
I can make a advert for my 5 door golf c if u want mixer? Just name a price haha on ur point about claiming for buying a car to keep ur job, id say yes uve got a good case for claiming extra. When someone smashed into me I got about 250 ontop of the value of my car for 'inconvience' of being without a car for a couple of weeks and having to bus it everywhere. Even if my car might of bin perfectly driveable haha

Back to the top
does it work like that then sedge, i had a rear ender in my nova years back similar to what you said bus taxi fares and a hire car to meet some bit off skirt i was seeing for a dirty weekend lol, i never thought about asking for travel expense was not even aware you could till i read ur post above, i thought thats why you can have a cortise(car spell it lol) courtise car on your policy for the event off crashs and break downs etc or at least thats how they try and sell it to you

Back to the top
lol watch this place people :P if i cant find any outrageously priced cars ill be asking for ya to make some.. hehe…

i wont be overdoing it, after all i dont wanna give the club a bad name… i just want a nice golf back :)

if that means i can rape the mans premium a little.. so be it :P

i thought about asking for the price of my other car as they asked if i had any loss of earnings and i said no but i did buy another car. she was like oh… um ok, and then wrote it down :)
ill ask the assessor as hes the one with the final verdict i suppose :)

Back to the top
how much did you vaule it on ur policy thou as they might ask etc or already got that info

Back to the top
5k :) not agreed but ill say i didnt agree it as i was working on it, i was going to agree it at 5k once done :)

Back to the top
least thats a bullet point for you,

must admit i thought you would lose the battle very pleasing result for you i guess the fact that bloke had not left a warning triangle etc he was in the wrong to some degree but none the less very pleasing for you

Back to the top
haha yeah i know.. tbh… i was pupping it :P

but hey, now i know i wasnt in the wrong… just gotta get the money back now..

we shall see :)

Back to the top
you still gonna repair the golf

also all the diff cat's of write offs what do they mean in terms off what can be done with the car etc

Back to the top
i hope you get the 2k that you want mixer but i know that insurance's are very harsh.

the value on the insurance doesn't mean anything unless it is agreeded, the best thing you can do it get some adverts of sold motors on here and ebay and fight your corner

wish you luck :)

Banner

Back to the top
As i said in me txt mate, hold out and dont give in too early. ..

However there have been a few cases i have known of where in general you get 3 offers, if you refuse the first, they generally improve the second, but if you refuse the second they can often drop the third and final offer they will make you. Not saying that is gospel, just know it has happended before

Print off as many adverts as you can find between £2500-£3500. Also try and pull together all receipts you have for car, also could you "produce" a receipt from the previous owner you bought it from wink wink signed and dated at say £4200.00 ? ?

also thinking about it, if you have a club sticker in the window take it out ! ! as if they are devious they may look on here and find threads you dont want them reading ! !

You want to be looking to be able to argue a case with Aviva if needed that undamaged golf of your make model, with MOT and low lileage are worth x amount (i.e 2-4k). The vehicle inspector is likely to go off book price, also i would be worried a little about him coming round with your car being bumperless, can you try and find out the name of the inspector who is coming round asap for me mate, as it might be that friend i told you about or one of his colleagues.

Talk nice to inspector and explain your situation and that you are an enthusiast, but think carefully about what you are saying around him, hopefully you will be lucky and he will give a decent valuation, if not he may ust value it at a very old golf not worth alot and thats where the bum fight will start !

good luck dude

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

since_1983 said

does it work like that then sedge, i had a rear ender in my nova years back similar to what you said bus taxi fares and a hire car to meet some bit off skirt i was seeing for a dirty weekend lol, i never thought about asking for travel expense was not even aware you could till i read ur post above, i thought thats why you can have a cortise(car spell it lol) courtise car on your policy for the event off crashs and break downs etc or at least thats how they try and sell it to you

Yeah you can have a courtesy car on your policy but if the accident isnt your fault and there for ur insurance company is going to have nothing to do with it then i cant see why they'd spend the money giving u a car to use in the mean time. so i'd go for it an try and claim expenses too even if you just get a bit extra its better than nothing :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.