Skip navigation

old vs young and our cars

who knows where its at stlye wise

oldies {-} [18 votes]
youngsters {-} [48 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

i think its safe to say us old geezers do a great job at making the mk1 look so good and i can also see our skills and and eye for a good thing are rubbing of on the younger generation  :wink:

seen some great cars from a variouse age range and im pleasently supprised at the lack of 17inch wheels blacked out windows and bonnet vents

well done guys :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

i think its safe to say us old geezers do a great job at making the mk1 look so good and i can also see our skills and and eye for a good thing are rubbing of on the younger generation  :wink:

seen some great cars from a variouse age range and im pleasently supprised at the lack of 17inch wheels blacked out windows and bonnet vents

Took mine off especially!!

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

collo16v said

bens_cab said

Took mine off especially!!

tbh even if your car did have them it would still like one of the best mk1s around

id cut my left arm off to own your car :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

Swapped my bbs splits for some wolfrace 17" streetmaster fxk 10000 wheels!!!  :lol:  Thats gonna add about 20 bhp id have thought  :wink:
…and if it dont, the racing stipes will!  8)

N17K CP

Back to the top
im not goin to vote as im young but do like the older members cars

im 19 and hears mine!!

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
Thats really nice justin  :D
I also dont think that age seems to be an object when deciding whose cars look better. The mk1 golf is a classic car, and anyone who buys one in my opinion, has a better car than anyone else on the road  :wink:

It would also seem that there isnt much difference between old and young peoples mk1's… just everyones styles being different. Is good to see what peoples opinions are on it tho  :D

N17K CP

Back to the top
Must admit credit to the pups  :y: Some vvvv nice cars   :drool:
Nice to know they're not all hanging round street corners intimidating us older folk and buying Corsas!!  :lol:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

Football in the park…jumpers for goal posts…

Without doubt old……but a fair way short of  the combined age of my two beauties!  Just need to get them back on their original wheels now!

Phill

Helios Blue GTI Cabriolet (89) - nice
Regatta Blue 1.3LS 5 Door (82) - not so nice

BMW 320dSE
Audi A3 Sportback

Back to the top
nice mk1 justin

Back to the top
i see this has been resurected from the depth of doom  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
33 in july, kept mine original apart from wheels and leather interior plus light smoke tint all round.
Know your getting old when saving every penny, keeping a 1.5 block so tax is in lower bracket and insurance only ?240 fully comp, not bad for a 1997 sa import.
Slapping a vr6 or g60 in would cost too much to run  :oops: Kids are an arm and leg in today's society, plus i'll wait another 20 years to get my insurance at ?50 mark :lol: then can afford to have engine transplant.

Back to the top
im 33 have 2 mk1's   :?

and

bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Just got taste for chippy now :banghead:
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
im starting to really like 4 door mk1s 8)

Back to the top
:lol:
Bert

Back to the top

bens_cab said

im starting to really like 4 door mk1s 8)

you n me both….

Back to the top
well for my 2000th post i thought id post this again as i like it so much i may even do another 1 later when i pick the mrs up from work

Back to the top
pedders,you convert them to citigolfs,ill get em on diesel or cooking oil  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
hmm

diesel and cooking oil
petrol and nos

wonder which one i prefer after recent events

Back to the top
four doors rock and confuse lots of dumb people when they try to find the handle to get in the back. "erm bud it's a four do you can tell by the extra 2 doors" yes this has happened and more than once. i do wonder about the common sense of some of my friends.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.