Skip navigation

Official Mk1 Golf OC 1/4 mile sprint league table!

Back to the top

Official Mk1 Golf OC 1/4 mile sprint league table!

Firstly well done, can i ask what set up/engine you have i want to sort of know what i would expect out of mine,i was to scared to take mine up the track.

Back to the top

matty34 said

Firstly well done, can i ask what set up/engine you have i want to sort of know what i would expect out of mine,i was to scared to take mine up the track.
 hi cheers my set up is Agu engine 02j enj gear box saab injectors pipecross cone filter forge tip standard dump and n75 valve k04 023 turbo cupra exhaust manifold qpeng down pipe 2.5" 2.5" stainless exhaust dual mass clutch (s**t) and standard diff (s**t) 195/45/15 tyres on 7j wheels oil catch with pcv valve anything more you need just ask

Back to the top

peeky said

matty34 said

hi cheers my set up is Agu engine 02j enj gear box saab injectors pipecross cone filter forge tip standard dump and n75 valve k04 023 turbo cupra exhaust manifold qpeng down pipe 2.5" 2.5" stainless exhaust dual mass clutch (s**t) and standard diff (s**t) 195/45/15 tyres on 7j wheels oil catch with pcv valve anything more you need just ask
blimey thats alot what bhp is that? just wondering what sort of time with this set up(taken from the sellers advert)
This engine was originally stripped to a bare block, cleaned, honed out and refaced 5 thou.The crank, rods, pistons and pulleys were then all balanced together. It was hten rebuilt with new gaped rings, KS main and big end bearings, along with a new oil pump and pickup.

The head was reconditioned with high lift cams and was skimmed to up the compression ratio.

Then just to make sure it was spot on mechanically, I took it the carb experts at Wilshers Garages (well known for their Mini Miglia efforts) and had it rolling road tested and tuned up. I was expecting about 180-185 bhp but was pleasantly surprised to receive it back with 205bhp.

all this means nothing to me :$
but i am going to try and tune it myself just need to know what to get!! :thumbs:

Back to the top

matty34 said

peeky said

matty34 said

blimey thats alot what bhp is that? just wondering what sort of time with this set up(taken from the sellers advert)
This engine was originally stripped to a bare block, cleaned, honed out and refaced 5 thou.The crank, rods, pistons and pulleys were then all balanced together. It was hten rebuilt with new gaped rings, KS main and big end bearings, along with a new oil pump and pickup.

The head was reconditioned with high lift cams and was skimmed to up the compression ratio.

Then just to make sure it was spot on mechanically, I took it the carb experts at Wilshers Garages (well known for their Mini Miglia efforts) and had it rolling road tested and tuned up. I was expecting about 180-185 bhp but was pleasantly surprised to receive it back with 205bhp.

all this means nothing to me :$
but i am going to try and tune it myself just need to know what to get!! :thumbs:
 it's running 240bhp 280ft tourqe but spins in to 3rd so if i get the power down maybe 1 sec off 14

Back to the top
wow nice bet thats fun to drive,i will take mine up the strip as like to know what it will do but little worried.;)

Back to the top
Personal best is 13.4 @ 109mph santa pod, vw action!
There are too many online users to list.