Skip navigation

Mk1 style crimes - list 'em here...

Back to the top

lawce70 said

all mk1s are a thing of beauty…cant be doin with the ones that get trailered to shows and never driven…remember a mk1 is for driving and enjoying :)

Totally agree  :thumbs:  just drive it for the pure enjoyment

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

DubPartz said

Spotted at Inters a few years back…

Hideous!!

I'm writing to the PM about a new law. Offences against the MK1 Act 2013.  :lol:

I remember those hard tops!!

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Bonnet bra's are so awful!

KNOWLEDGE IS HORSEPOWER

Back to the top
Has anyone mentioned cutting door cards for speakers.

Every mk1 I have viewed has had butchered door cards!!! :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Agree with the cut rain tray. Saw a nice looking mk1, oem on the outside and then a smoothed engine bay with the rain tray cut….that was an instant NO NO.

Back to the top

Blue_MK2 said

Every mk1 I have viewed has had butchered door cards!!! :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Agree with the cut rain tray. Saw a nice looking mk1, oem on the outside and then a smoothed engine bay with the rain tray cut….that was an instant NO NO.

this thread is funny, my mk1 must have alot of haters on here.  :lol:  each to there own.

Back to the top
mk1's with no bumpers.

Back to the top

robbarcas said

Blue_MK2 said

this thread is funny, my mk1 must have alot of haters on here.  :lol: each to there own.
Experience from my old mk1 mate  :lol:

Back to the top

JonP said

mk1's with no bumpers.

You're right!  It's about as stylish as someone who has left the house and forgot to put half their clothes on…

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top

butleraw said

JonP said

mk1's with no bumpers.

You're right!  It's about as stylish as someone who has left the house and forgot to put half their clothes on…

Nah dont agree sorry

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

butleraw said

JonP said

mk1's with no bumpers.

That could be quite endeering depending on the person  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

benandemu said

I can't stop throwing up.

Looks quite good considering its on Edition38!   :thumbs:

Back to the top
Mine has to have been the trend that caused so many parcel shelves to be ruined by the addition of speakers. (Leaving a legacy of holes for future prospective owners).

Wife, kids, car……not necessarily in that order.

Back to the top

Magic-GTI said

Mine has to have been the trend that caused so many parcel shelves to be ruined by the addition of speakers. (Leaving a legacy of holes for future prospective owners).

I should have added that to my list of pet hates!

Back to the top

benandemu said

Thunderbirds are go!

Back to the top

butleraw said

benandemu said

Might be down to personal taste but I'm really struggling to see why anyone would remove the original interior dash etc to put this in.

Wife, kids, car……not necessarily in that order.

Back to the top
That dash is not for me too. Having said that reading the thread he seems to have put a lot of time and effort into restoring the car and sticking a g60 in.

Have a look at the headlining he has opted for  :ninja:

Back to the top
HID's.?  :P

Back to the top

BIGNICKC said

HID's.?  :P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.